Group of Thai parents protest at the Thai Ministry of Education over mandatory Covid-19 testing and facial masks for students

webfact

6 hours ago, djayz said:

They protest about this, but not about the excruciatingly low standards of education?!?

Catch-22.  They accept the poor education because their education was poor.  In order to know how poor the education is, they would have had to have gone through a different education system.

So they're not bothered about schools being closed for a year, but they are bothered by the sensible measures put in place to allow students to return to school?

This seems fake.

Your heart breaks to see your children endure a little discomfort during the ATK?  I think this coddling may be a likely source of the Thai adults that lose their sh*t over something small.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Omicron is airborne, it is aerosol. Masks will help slow down the spread. This is the idea. You can't stop it but you can slow it down. Sneeze into a mask has to be better than sneezing without a mask. Maybe my common sense and yours differ.

the most recent randomized control trial "the Bangladesh study" suggested the effectiveness was 11% for surgical masks and 5% for cloth masks. Other more recent reports I have read suggest cloth masks are next to useless in the case of omnicron. 

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Raised 6 kids vaccine free.

All healthy and with no medical problems.

And if one was now limping around due to a polio infection, crippled for life, would you feel you protected the other 5?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

How many 7 yr olds in Thailand have been seriously ill or died from Covid, bet you it's single digit number.  Oh wait you probably want to vaccinate kids to protect others. Bad reason

Really?

A 9 year old child 3 doors from my home caught Covid, gave it to her mother & grandmother.

Mother was in hospital 10 days, grandmother 3 days then died.

You still think a bad idea?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Raised 6 kids vaccine free.

All healthy and with no medical problems.

My Grandparents did the same, as did everyone in their generation.  My paternal grandparents lost their eldest daughter at 16.  My maternal grandparents lost a son and daughter at 2 and 4. 

You benefited from herd immunity - all of the kids around yours were already vaccinated.  If every child is unvaccinated, then, to quote my oldest aunt "in those days everyone lost at least one".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Really?

A 9 year old child 3 doors from my home caught Covid, gave it to her mother & grandmother.

Mother was in hospital 10 days, grandmother 3 days then died.

You still think a bad idea?

Were the adults vaccinated? Perhaps the kid caught covid from grandmother. If vaccines don't work on adults then why think they work on kids. What happened to the child besides feeling under the weather?

I'm the only old person in our household and I've been vaccinated. Why on earth would I think of submitting my kid to a newly developed vaccine?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Were the adults vaccinated? Perhaps the kid caught covid from grandmother. If vaccines don't work on adults then why think they work on kids. What happened to the child besides feeling under the weather?

I'm the only old person in our household and I've been vaccinated. Why on earth would I think of submitting my kid to a newly developed vaccine?

Always a doubter.