Yahoo and Thaiger Report - Thailand is set to fully decriminalize cannabis

kevinsan

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It burns just fine with 100% cannabis.

So a friend tells me, and that friend never smokes tobacco.

Maybe they (my friends) were saving on the product---but the ones I saw trying it without Tobacco, did seem to have a problem ----& its the whole Idea of filling your lungs with smoke (even Tobacco free, doesn't appeal to me.)..... Life is so easy now with the oil around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

You know a great many Thais would benefit greatly of the tokage of the reefer, rather than:

1) Flipping out on ya ba.

2) Getting <deleted> drunk, then thinking it's alright to drive.

3) Getting <deleted> drunk, then deciding to settle their differences with guns or knives.

The farangs in this country could certainly benefit too, those with their own:

1) Substance abuse issues.

2) Anger management issues, such as that unfortunate, fine example of American culture at the Pattaya Taco Bell.

3) Chronic illnesses.

4) Obsession with Internet forums. ????

Instead of all of the above, allowing them to get blissfully stoned under a tree somewhere would be far preferable.

3) Chronic illnesses.

Lord, I am affected by a bald patch

:partytime2:

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I have taken it in Cookies, happy Pizza in Cambodia, and my Ex used to put it in some soups.

but I have been an Anti smoker all my life-- I noticed my friends always mixed it with a bit of tobacco to keep it alight, and they all ended up as Cigarette smokers.

But its always been madness putting people in jail for using this plant-----so if there is no punishment then, it has to be legal.

You're right about smoking. When I was younger and cigarette smoker, I didn't care about it. But few years later only pure joints for me.

Actually smoking weed is quite old fashioned way. Don't know about the situation in legalized markets such as US states and Canada, but I think vaping and edibles/oil are becoming more common.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Maybe they (my friends) were saving on the product---but the ones I saw trying it without Tobacco, did seem to have a problem ----& its the whole Idea of filling your lungs with smoke (even Tobacco free, doesn't appeal to me.)..... Life is so easy now with the oil around.

Or vaping

54 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I wouldn't think so as vaping is illegal.

But see many folks vaping here so, like most things from littering to murder, allowances can be made. 

On reflection, if they ever allow smoking in public - they won't, ever - then a dry herb vaping unit would probably be OK. Hung jury on this one. 

Good point, in fact vaping nicotine is illegal. Yet I see almost daily people using it and you can get supplies easily online.

Besides the fact a dry herb vaporizer doesn't create much smoke so most people wouldn't even notice or understand what you are doing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, piewarmer said:

Imagine the possibilities for tourism, somewhere to holiday and really chill out.

Indeed, but the intellectual horizon of the people in charge is very limited here. They don't know what's going on outside of Thailand.

One just need to do a five minute google check on the tax income from cannabis in countries and states that have legalised it.

But the minster's aide probably can't read English so it's a waste of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I agreed to medical use no tracking,  I condem the smoking of that type of drug. 

If you like it fine I have my opinion and will stick to it. 

Agreed? Who here needed your agreement? ???? 

Condemn? On what basis? Have you tried it? Do you condemn and smoking of cigarettes and the drinking of alcohol or do you happen to like those things?

I don't think anyone here has mentioned liking it. I specifically write about it being used for ailments that they are prescribed for now legally anyway. But in your excitement, you appear to have missed that.

The difference is people won't pay thousands to obtain a 5ml bottle of oil. They hoped they would clean up there; so thenit moved to the second stage. Cannabis Cafes supposedly without THC. A curious thing and what would look like a terrible investment. Perhaps they will be able to obtain licences next ???? 

One thing I can say, is that when someone has fixed their views on something without any basis other that is what they think and they are sticking to it; they are exhibiting a mind unable to cope with reality. Reality isn't exclusively in black and white. You cannot legislate nature.

Humans will do what is best for them. If they don't, they will not survive. The people who are taking cannabis, need cannabis. That's why nature produced cannabis. 

Your opinion does not matter. What matters is their health. If you are too afraid too learn; that's your choice. You don't need to know everything nor understand everything. If you are happy the way you are; enjoy. But try to not be so judgemental about things of which you have no knowledge.

Enjoy your existence; but don't try to ruin it for others if they are not harming you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I can't see any good comes out of it at all, yes, for medicinal purposes yes by all means, but for recreation and other activities this is a step backwards...

From where I sit the whole world is going backwards. Might as well enjoy ourselves on the way.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Over forty years ago we came hear for the 'Thai sticks ' Buddha grass and quality 'O'..And Thailand was a better place but  the senseless war on drugs  led to the Red bull vodka meth culture. Any government in the world prepared to engage with recreational drugs and utilise the massive profits to me made plus other benefits such as decriminalisation of the police and penal system and the exploration of the medical  benefits of of drugs would revolutionise their society and bring in a new era of wealth and enlightenment.  But the Americans and the WHO would not let them

Agreed.

Well more than half of all Americans have seen the light since then and I like to think the step taken by half the States will now lead the world into decriminalization.

I think Paraguay and one other country have taken the sane step to decriminalize ALL drugs and ending the destined-to-fail war on drugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Agreed? Who here needed your agreement? ???? 

Condemn? On what basis? Have you tried it? Do you condemn and smoking of cigarettes and the drinking of alcohol or do you happen to like those things?

I don't think anyone here has mentioned liking it. I specifically write about it being used for ailments that they are prescribed for now legally anyway. But in your excitement, you appear to have missed that.

The difference is people won't pay thousands to obtain a 5ml bottle of oil. They hoped they would clean up there; so thenit moved to the second stage. Cannabis Cafes supposedly without THC. A curious thing and what would look like a terrible investment. Perhaps they will be able to obtain licences next ???? 

One thing I can say, is that when someone has fixed their views on something without any basis other that is what they think and they are sticking to it; they are exhibiting a mind unable to cope with reality. Reality isn't exclusively in black and white. You cannot legislate nature.

Humans will do what is best for them. If they don't, they will not survive. The people who are taking cannabis, need cannabis. That's why nature produced cannabis. 

Your opinion does not matter. What matters is their health. If you are too afraid too learn; that's your choice. You don't need to know everything nor understand everything. If you are happy the way you are; enjoy. But try to not be so judgemental about things of which you have no knowledge.

Enjoy your existence; but don't try to ruin it for others if they are not harming you.

Got no time druggys like you trying to justify your filthy habit. 

Your wasting your time posting me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Agreed.

Well more than half of all Americans have seen the light since then and I like to think the step taken by half the States will now lead the world into decriminalization.

I think Paraguay and one other country have taken the sane step to decriminalize ALL drugs and ending the destined-to-fail war on drugs.

Portugal started this trend a decade ago. A few people had to move out

• Haha 1

Canada has seen a big increase in drug addiction since legalizing marijuana. It sends a message that drugs are an answer to life. So why not take some fentalyne?

Thai's do not know how much the new hybrid strains of weed stink. They are also much more addictive.  You will smell the stench of weed everywhere in Toronto or Vancouver. This is big issue in shared living spaces such as condos or apartments. Imagine growing up with the stench of weed everyday.

Try hiring someone you will see the problems with weed addicts. Bad news for young people in school too.

While i agree that marijuana should not be a serious crime, we have to be careful not to flip flop on the issue. The government needs to educate people on the negative aspects of drugs use as well as set bounders for the use of marijuana.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why do you think is a good thing for people to smoke at all Huh? and why do you think we want to see stoned people driving and riding motorcycle around? also people under the influence of the the cannabis doing engaging in behavior that otherwise they wouldn't, saying it's not me, it's the cannabis.. who need that?...and beside, who needs MORE drugs on the market? legal or not?...

Bah humbug. Everyone I've ever met who toked did fewer other drugs, especially alcohol.

• Like 2