is cambodia nice to visit for a month? as my local immigration office says on jan 25 . no more covid extension. it is finished for good.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

He is speculating. The current order expires Jan 25th. It is not yet known if there will be a new order.

whether Cambodia is nice to visit is subjective, depends on your interests.

didnt you go to cambodia a few months ago?  how was economy .  ?  shuttered down shops?  did it feel unsafe due to financial insecurity?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

does anyone know how many days before they extended it last time.  one or two days.  if they do it again they will give same lead time to us

They don't necessarily give lead time.

Can announce extension after Jan 25.

Up to them.

It will be extended. Chill

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I went to Cambodia last month. (and used to spend about 1/4 of my time there pre-COVID). Places geared mainly to foreigners had pretty much closed down (though that may gradually reverse over the coming year). Cambodian establishments were open as normal and Cambodian life is pretty normal these days.

No more unsafe than pre-COVID but Cambodia is never all that safe - one must always take theft precautions.

This is probably a great time to visit Angkor Wat due to much less crowding. But you would nto want to spend more than 2 weeks for that purpose.

The offshore islands are nice, if beaches are your thing.

The Chinese destroyed Sihanoukville years ago, avoid it except as a staging ground for visiting islands.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of visiting thee in early March. No quarantine for vaccinated visitors?

Just now, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of visiting thee in early March. No quarantine for vaccinated visitors?

U still got to take a test on arrival  in Cambodia, so got to  pray u don't test positive or it's a couple of weeks quarinte.

His basis for saying it had gone on for two years is flawed since the pandemic has gone on for two years. Duh. They’ll typically say anything to scare foreigners and thus alleviate workload. Don’t take it personally. 

Friend was saying it is opening up. Would personally give PP a wide berth (not for me, YMMV), but as Sheryl says, great time to explore Angkor Wat…. minus 17 million babbling Chinese.

Siem Reap chilled place. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stigar said:

I dont predict anything because this goverment is not reliable at all.Now more and more countries lower the gards means no quarantene for fully vaccinated.That can also mean that folks dont have a legimit reason for NOT going back to their country of origin.

except covid is ravishing us and europe. big time right now.  that is excuse enuf to stay put here  . but granted thais probably dont care how bad covid is in my home country...................so in conclusion no one not even immigration knows if the covid extensions will go on.  we wait for some announcement on jan 24 i guess

I've been following a Facebook Cambodia visa group and in the last week there are reports of foreigners (and locals) who test positive for omicron being kept in big run-down concentration camps.  Seriously - they are converted stadiums with no privacy, no plumbing, inedible food, no extra clothing or electricity, and you are held there potentially for weeks until you get 2 negative PCR tests.  By contrast, testing positive for covid besides omicron and you can quarantine at a residence or regular government hospital.

https://web.facebook.com/groups/cambodiaquarantineexperience/

Think carefully about entering Cambodia until they sort out this hysteria.

3 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Wasn't this discussion at the meeting  today?  Didn't they just extend the emergency  decree?  

I haven't seen it. So can't comment. 

You would have hoped official announcement by Friday.

Also thinking that emergency decree is a separate gig to covid extensions. 

Anyway hopefully announced soon. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

didnt you go to cambodia a few months ago?  how was economy .  ?  shuttered down shops?  did it feel unsafe due to financial insecurity?

No it feels unsafe because it always was. A dump compared to Thailand. A place where all those deported from Thailand later end up. Only the highest quality of foreigners hang and or hideout.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stigar said:

Ur the one talking rubbish..how u know?Do u work in the thai goverment?

Immigration Offices have been saying the same for the last 18 months but they have no idea what will happen this month, the government make the decision not immigration

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

U still got to take a test on arrival  in Cambodia, so got to  pray u don't test positive or it's a couple of weeks quarinte.

4 hours ago, stigar said:

Ur the one talking rubbish..how u know?Do u work in the thai goverment?

Please people. if you are going to post on the Forum, please use proper English.

From the Forum Rules:

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Immigration Offices have been saying the same for the last 18 months but they have no idea what will happen this month, the government make the decision not immigration

True.

Of course eventually CE will end.

Hopefully some land borders will be open at that point.

You would hope that whenever that is due the government will be screaming from the rooftops that covid extensions are ending. 

Make suitable plans. 

That's not now.