Jump to content

is cambodia nice to visit for a month? as my local immigration office says on jan 25 . no more covid extension. it is finished for good.


Recommended Posts

Posts and replies trying to hijack the topic have been removed, also an inflammatory post

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I know someone whose covid extension is ending early Feb. The local immigration told him that he could extend it again on Jan 24th, which would allow extra time. Don't know if that will help you. 

this is my first extension. my gut says they will keep the extensions going and maybe put a limit on the number of them one can get ........two . one?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

Just try not to get seriously sick there or have a major accident...AFAIK the insurers were transporting patients to Thailand before but now it could be a problem.

 

This is very true, medical care there is extremely poor (and expensive) and traffic related accidents (including as a pedestrian, and nto matter how careful you are) are very common.

 

There is one hospital in PP which is a sort of joint venture with Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok and has many Thai doctors. It also has a branch in Siem Reap but small and almost entirely Cambodian staffed. It is expensive, on par with top tier hospitals in Bangkok or even more.

 

It is imperative to have, at a minimum, accident insurance that includes Medivac. and be prepared to need to travel out of the country for any serious medical problem.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your immigration office is talking rubbish.

Which office.

Covid extensions will continue after Jan 25.

 

Please explain on what basis you make this assertion?  If covid extensions do continue after the 25th - the issue is for how long. Do you know and how do you know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

this is my first extension. my gut says they will keep the extensions going and maybe put a limit on the number of them one can get ........two . one?

It is unlikely the extensions will continue  for much longer but hopefully you will given  enough  time to prepare  to leave. You need to well organised. Do you have sufficient  funds and more importantly a flight ticket ready to activate.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Please explain on what basis you make this assertion?  If covid extensions do continue after the 25th - the issue is for how long. Do you know and how do you know?

It's called common sense.

My GUESS is that covid extensions will end when some or one land border is opened. 

The reason the current CE will be extended past Jan 25 is the current world wide pandemic situation..

Read up on world news and check situation in many countries. 

So yes CE will continue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's called common sense.

My GUESS is that covid extensions will end when some or one land border is opened. 

The reason the current CE will be extended past Jan 25 is the current world wide pandemic situation..

Read up on world news and check situation in many countries. 

So yes CE will continue. 

 The opinion of an immigration officer has more value than your guesses and 'common sense'. You make strong assertions and malign and insult the IO but you don't know anything at all. You might be right but you need to temper your guesses with less assertive certainty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The opinion of an immigration officer has more value than your guesses and 'common sense'

Immigration officers would not have a clue regarding anything to do with covid extensions.

You may like to catch up on every previous ending of amnesty and covid extensions etc.

There is one common theme. 

Immigration officers no nothing. 

Anyway done with this chit chat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

 

This is very true, medical care there is extremely poor (and expensive) and traffic related accidents (including as a pedestrian, and nto matter how careful you are) are very common.

 

There is one hospital in PP which is a sort of joint venture with Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok and has many Thai doctors. It also has a branch in Siem Reap but small and almost entirely Cambodian staffed. It is expensive, on par with top tier hospitals in Bangkok or even more.

 

It is imperative to have, at a minimum, accident insurance that includes Medivac. and be prepared to need to travel out of the country for any serious medical problem.

 

 

havent been to cambodia in years but the chinese have bought out the cambodians . is that noticable  now.   probably better infrastruture.  but maybe nasty huge casinos etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

this is my first extension. my gut says they will keep the extensions going and maybe put a limit on the number of them one can get ........two . one?

I hope they keep them going until they end the expensive quarantine coming back into Thailand. I know test and go is coming back, but the new articles do not say if you must be vaccinated or not. They are not clear if it's the same exact plan as before. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It varies a lot depending on where in Cambodia you go. Sihanoukville, and a few other places, have become effectively small Chinese cities. Many other towns are virtually untouched.

Have Kampot and Kep been turned into small Chinese cities?  Never been but always wanted to check these 2 out…

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I know test and go is coming back, but the new articles do not say if you must be vaccinated or not

What do you mean? 

Surely your not thinking that unvaccinated folk could test and go. 

They will require quarantine..

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What do you mean? 

Surely your not thinking that unvaccinated folk could test and go. 

They will require quarantine..

I don't think that. I just think it's odd they didn't mention it. Foreigners who don't live here might not have any idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration officers would not have a clue regarding anything to do with covid extensions.

You may like to catch up on every previous ending of amnesty and covid extensions etc.

There is one common theme. 

Immigration officers no nothing. 

Anyway done with this chit chat. 

Immigration officers are the final arbiters and executors  of Immigration  policy. It's their  job. You say of Immigration officers: "they no nothing" which neatly summarises your ignorance. They KNOW a lot about policy and they know about new policy before we do. To believe  otherwise is silly. I'm not sure your low regard for them is any more deserved than your high  regard for yourself...

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I don't think that. I just think it's odd they didn't mention it. Foreigners who don't live here might not have any idea.

Ok, understand now.

Thinking the entry requirements will become more clear prior to Feb 1.

This gov are very poor with detail 

Just about on any announcement it seems that there is no looking at the detail.

Bit similar to school kids project.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 3:39 PM, yogi yogi said:

except covid is ravishing us and europe. big time right now.  that is excuse enuf to stay put here  . but granted thais probably dont care how bad covid is in my home country...................so in conclusion no one not even immigration knows if the covid extensions will go on.  we wait for some announcement on jan 24 i guess

You do know that before 'we' get announcements the IO get them  first and 'we' receive 'announcements' from the immigration department. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Immigration Offices have been saying the same for the last 18 months but they have no idea what will happen this month, the government make the decision not immigration

Immigration are a department  of the government  just as the police and army are. The Immigration  department  helps formulate policy and executes  policy. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So can you fly from Thailand to there, get a tourist visa, and then fly back into Thailand?

Going into Cambodia sounds simple enough. I think returning is where all the hoop-jumping begins....T-pass, Insurance, Test&Pray, MudBox, etc.  🙂

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I hope they keep them going until they end the expensive quarantine coming back into Thailand. I know test and go is coming back, but the new articles do not say if you must be vaccinated or not. They are not clear if it's the same exact plan as before. Good luck!

new test and go u have to do two nights in hotel not one

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So can you fly from Thailand to there, get a tourist visa, and then fly back into Thailand?

i clicked on the e visa link provided.  wow that looks easy. its tempting me

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So can you fly from Thailand to there, get a tourist visa, and then fly back into Thailand?

You can definitely fly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh and back. Covid entry rules keep changing, it's doable but not necessarily cheap due to all the tests required. At the moment, no quarantine in Cambodia if you're fully vaccinated, and from February on, Test & Go will be available again in Thailand.

 

If the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh would be willing to issue you a tourist visa, I don't know. Best to check with an agent there, or with the embassy directly. If you qualify for visa exempt entry, that might be an alternative, depending on your plans in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...