is cambodia nice to visit for a month? as my local immigration office says on jan 25 . no more covid extension. it is finished for good.

2 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Looks amazing. So many buildings that are under construction or brand new, rooms looks super tiny in most the buildings. They look cheap too with small windows and almost no have balconies. Is that Pattaya 2.0?

At least it looks clean and well organized compared to Thailand but do I want to visit it ? Don't think so.

5 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of visiting thee in early March. No quarantine for vaccinated visitors?

At this time no, as long as you test negative pre-departure and then again at the airport.

Should you test positive on arrival, similar to here, you'll be bundled off to  hospital or quarantine hotel

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stigar said:

I dont predict anything because this goverment is not reliable at all.Now more and more countries lower the gards means no quarantene for fully vaccinated.That can also mean that folks dont have a legimit reason for NOT going back to their country of origin.

It's about time they stopped this loophole.

Must be all the multi millionaires contributing to the Thai economy that are using it.

????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, roo860 said:

It's about time they stopped this loophole.

Must be all the multi millionaires contributing to the Thai economy that are using it.

????

Ur rigth.The multi millionaires sit and drink everyday and bring girls with hem to the 3 star hotel they stay on

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I haven't seen it. So can't comment. 

You would have hoped official announcement by Friday.

Also thinking that emergency decree is a separate gig to covid extensions. 

Anyway hopefully announced soon. 

Can you refer me to the official Thai government webpage where the news will be posted?  I want to find out soonest, if the extension program will be renewed.  I'm trying to get my documents together, but have hit a snag.  Hoping for the program continuation so that I do not have to rush into immigration on Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Hoping for the program continuation so that I do not have to rush into immigration on Tuesday.

Can understand the nerves.

As soon as the information your looking for is announced you will see it on AseanNow..

Ubonjoe will no doubt post it as soon as Its announced along with Thai news forum.

ThaiVisaCentre has great track record of posting that information and they will do that in this forum.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wont that be great . Seeing all those people having to leave 

I may go to the airport and wave them off .

When covid extensions are not given anymore, land borders will be open, so they will be able to go to a nearby border and come back the same day lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

Can you refer me to the official Thai government webpage where the news will be posted?  I want to find out soonest, if the extension program will be renewed.  I'm trying to get my documents together, but have hit a snag.  Hoping for the program continuation so that I do not have to rush into immigration on Tuesday.

They will do what they always do with this.  
Try to scare people out the country just before current expiry.

Allow the current expiry date to pass to further provoke a leaving panic. Ten days after “expiry” announce a further period. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

They will do what they always do with this.  
Try to scare people out the country just before current expiry.

Allow the current expiry date to pass to further provoke a leaving panic. Ten days after “expiry” announce a further period. 

Exactly what they did in September 2020! But they waited only 1 day after the deadline.

4 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

When covid extensions are not given anymore, land borders will be open, so they will be able to go to a nearby border and come back the same day lol.

When Covid reduced from pandemic to endemic (normality) status, borders will reopen.Covid Extention date then will not be extended and people on CE and others will do border runs or home country returns for visa exempt or tourist visa or long stay return to Thailand.

1 minute ago, JoseThailand said:

Exactly what they did in September 2020! But they waited only 1 day after the deadline.

Yes that was the Covid Amnesty Expiry. I was compelled to come here   Visa Exempt as Online Tourist Visas had mysteriously stopped. Which alerted me to get here quick before borders closed and flights stopped which they did seven days after I got here. Was effectively forced to get a Long Stay Visa just before CAExpiry to avoid any Overstay. Then they introduced Covid Extentions I think a week after CAE and waived overstay for that gap.

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

I think you're just jealous that so many people have stayed here 2 years, without working, being retirees or married to Thai ladies. 

I think u are just jealous that so many people can live here long term because they have money for being retiress or married to Thai ladies

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

You're right, being married to a Thai lady takes a lot of money!

There are rich people in this world that can take care all ladies ????. But I guess you can't afford it ????

Edited by Jack1988
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, sallecc said:

Where are the people?

Nowhere...same as the beach road in Chaweng, Samui. Pandemics. Most of the tourists to Sihanoukville in recent years were Chinese and they are not allowed to leave China.

12 hours ago, blanes2007 said:

I'm in Cambodia currently. Both Phnom Pen and Siem Reap look much more clean and civilised than 2 years before.  Border passing in the airport was a breeze. The hotels are incredibly cheap, a lots of discounts. First time in my life I'm not dreaming about going back to Thailand ASAP and even enjoy my time im Cambodia 

Just try not to get seriously sick there or have a major accident...AFAIK the insurers were transporting patients to Thailand before but now it could be a problem.