Thailand to resume registration for quarantine-free ‘Test and Go’ program on Feb 1

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

So does the 5th night have to be spent in same hotel as 1st night?

What is the purpose of having to be in a hotel (other than money).....it just increases the chance of the infection spreading when I could be at home.

True, but it would be very different for a tourist.

'If' I go back to uk for a fortnight I'd be happy to home isolate for a week on return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

Its just about sucking money from tourists.They dont care about other things.I want to laugh how stupid people are.

Who is it that's stupid  that you want to laugh at as it's not clear? Is it the government for putting these regulations in place or those who have to abide by them as they have little choice. That's mainly the case with with those who live in Thailand and there may be as many or more of them than tourists.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, damascase said:

‘Fully covered’ - also a medically totally unnecessary isolation in a hospital room?

Actually they cover that too.As long as i test negative in my country before leaving they pay all expencives if i get covid during the stay in thailand.The same they covered the family from norway who tested positive after arrived bangkok.

Edited by stigar

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

You just know that come 10th February there is going to be a whole host of stories and posts on here about catching covid whilst out in the general populace for 4 days between first and second test !

I'll stick with my 7 days hotel AQ. Chances of catching covid between 1st and 2nd test in AQ hotel is pretty remote compared to mixing with the 142th per million ranked untested thais. Don't mind sacrificing a few days as  I should be in country for minimum 14 months

The same as u do i would too.

test and go x2 for those who are vaxed at the moment what you do in the 5 days in between is a from of restriction or could land you in 10 isolation.

Chances you could be infected by the many untested free to cross border or local transmission is sandbox safer to avoid threat of isolation

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong question….

How many tourists are coming to Thailand while there is 50,000 USD insurance requirement & risk of a 2 week hospital isolation which the insurance may refuse to cover ????

I thought the 50,000 insurance is to cover for Covid treatment?