Thailand to resume registration for quarantine-free ‘Test and Go’ program on Feb 1

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

The people coming up with these rules are completely delusional.  They think that Thailand is so wonderful that foreigners will jump through any hoop to get in - wrong.  Very few real tourists will visit Thailand with this nonsense.  Within a few months when it is clear that they are getting very few real tourists they will think again and make life simpler - no test/quarantine on or after arrival .  They have undermined the tourist industry and peoples confidence in visiting Thailand.  Consequently when a sane entry system is put in place it will take many years, if ever, before Thailand gets back anything like its very lucrative tourist industry.  As is so often the case it is the ordinary people who pay the price for incompetent leaders - while the incompetent leaders are completely unaffected by the economic damage they have wrought.  Very sad to see a country I like so much being so needlessly damaged.  

Can you suggest another country in Asia with less crazy entry regulations? 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tomyami said:

Cambodia 72 hour per flight if vaxed no quarrantine or test on arrival, what planet are you on!!

All over social media havent see 1 positive reaction second T&G after 5 days is a money grab and a BIG inconvience 2 hotel + the place you in first 5 days not health a precaution

I will give you Cambodia as an exception. 

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, mbenson said:

What gets me is the quote I have read from the guy talking about the insurance. It is like he is blaming tourists for taking advantage of Thailand by forcing the government to pay for charges that insurance doesn't cover. First, that does not seem true to me, and I would love to know details of what exactly the government paid. I see many reports of hospitals forcing people to make 100,000 - 200,000 baht deposits due on admission. It feels like a myth to me.

It is the Thai authorities who stipulated that insurance is necessary and the amount of coverage required. If they could not specify that the insurance MUST cover everything, then whose fault is that? We just buy what is available. People are trying very hard to get policies that cover non-symptomatic hospitalization. Isn't it up to the authorities to specify what the insurance products should be and evaluate whether people have the right policy before permitting entry? I hate the insinuation that tourists are somehow forcing the Thai government to make payments when the tourists are doing the best they can to comply, and it is the Thai insurance companies that are providing inadequate products and the Test and Go platform that is evaluating compliance, apparently solely based on the stated amount of Covid coverage, not the conditions of that coverage.

So, I guess it is up to the Thai insurance companies to come up with products that fit this requirement, and for the platform to somehow verify that people have purchased those products. This should be fun!

I just read in the news here that thailand will require that tourists need to have a incurance that cover all expencives related to covid during their stay in thailand.If they dont have that on arrival they MUST buy an updated package at arrival.According the news the thai goverment is sick and tired of helping cover hospitalbills for tourists.They have give 100 million bath allready they say.Now is enough.I wonder what the new incurance will cost????I guess this will be announced soon from he goverment.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Will B Good said:

So does the 5th night have to be spent in same hotel as 1st night?

What is the purpose of having to be in a hotel (other than money).....it just increases the chance of the infection spreading when I could be at home.

i have got my Thailand pass  and have booked my flight, hotel, plus taxi plus PCR tests

plus Insurance/and provided receipts for everything bar my pre-72hour flight; PCR test 

i presume as they have still reinstated all previously granted Thailand passes? 

as i was granted my Pass before they had the stop-go-stop ? are they accepting these?

and can i still fly on the 6th of Febuary ,   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, puck2 said:

I'm sure, the Thai Immigration/government is the hottest favorite for the international price of:

Which country has the most idiotic, unreal  and ridiculous immigration rules?

Um... I think it could be Thailand?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomyami said:

Its actually 7, 1 day in each AQL and 5 days in between can be different hotels if your out and about you might pick up covid then 10 more days,

1 week AQL looks a good alternative at least after 7days your free with more choice of hotels/location and room types, or sandbox,

Its really a gouging tourist tax, just picking the one with the least hassle and where you locate.

That is the best way to go about it. 7 days 'sandbox' booking then free to travel. Removes a lot of the uncertainty.

Picking the right hotel for your 7 days is a part of it. I wouldn't really mind that if I knew I was able to order decent food etc. I could not handle claggy boiled rice and weeds for a week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Will B Good said:

My lady don't care.....she just keeps demanding I come back....555.......maybe she is running out of money?

Dont think so. I just saw a old fat geezer giver her a fist full of $$$$$.

SOH ? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tony M said:

Must have SHA+ or AQ or AHQ accommodation booked for the 1st and 5th nights (for the PCR tests) ?   And you can go anywhere for days 2, 3 and 4 ?   Am I missing something here ?

The common sense is missing.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I live north of Chaiyaphum....so I would face three, seven hour drives or five pointless nights in a hotel....pure genius

Or you could stay in the big smoke and party bewteen days 1 and 5 - lol.

I'm in the same boat, live 4 hours outta BKK.

BUT and it's a big BUT, as someone that has been locked in a hotel room for 49 days over the last 18 months it's a huge improvement than quarantine.

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'll stick with my 7 days hotel AQ. Chances of catching covid between 1st and 2nd test in AQ hotel is pretty remote compared to mixing with the 142th per million ranked untested thais. Don't mind sacrificing a few days as  I should be in country for minimum 14 months

I've also considered this option, as you mention there is much much less chance of a positive 2nd test.

However, earlier this month, after 2 weeks in quarantine i test positive on my 3rd day out.

I was out and about once released but not really anywhere very busy.

Just goes to show we're all gonna get it at some point, i've had it twice now, June 2020 ( not vaccinated ) no symptoms and Jan 2022 ( double vaxxed ), mild cold.