Thailand to resume registration for quarantine-free ‘Test and Go’ program on Feb 1

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

Well, that 2nd test after 4 days or more out & about unfortunately presents more than viable opportunity to test positive, omicron is doing it's rounds, the reported numbahs here are bull as there is no adequate testing ... now, officially getting tested positive means minimum 10 days in hospital or hospitel, whateverz ...

So perhaps a matter of personal choice or rather readiness to assume risk, I've read a couple posts already where folks say they'd prefer to do the 7 days from start.

Having spent more or less the whole of the covid pandemic at its epicenter.....Khlong Toei.....I bet I know pick it up in quarantine and end being whisked off to a ßloody field hospital.

57 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Has it ever occurred to you that the posters are NOT actually hating Thailand or the majority of the Thai people, but disliking intensely the people who are actually "supposedly" running the country. Those are the people who make the rules and change them willy nilly, they are the ones who are making all the outlandish and stupid claims about how many tourists will come in any month.

They are the ones who have put millions of people out of a job, sometimes leaving those people without money, food, somewhere to live and in many cases without hope.

The fat cats, the HiSos, the rich, the military who are the cause of it all.

NOT the millions of Thais who are trying to make a living the best way that they can.

You could sit down and argue that every country has handled this poorly. I mean if you really wanted to, you could sit and get angry about alot of things that go on on this planet but you just don't. You get on with it, moaning will do absolutely nothing about these problems and you're defending a group of toxic people on the internet that have nothing better to do

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Crisu said:

What sense does it make to keep the Sandbox program in Phuket ect?

Now that test and go started for all countries also with 2 PCT Tests in Thailand, same as the Sandbox, but only with 2 needed hotel bookings, why should someone want to book 7 days in the Phuket sandbox instead of only 2 days with Test and Go in Phuket?

sandbox hotels in phuket are from 550b double and close to the beach.

The T&G are from 1100b (that figure is from bangkok).

So if you are after 7 days of holiday on the beach at budget and without moving around (checking out before 12pm and checking in after 2pm, packing and unpacking, taking taxi/driving to another hotel), you chose sandbox, which is a very steady, well established option sine 1st July, during turbulent times of delta and omicron.

T&G was suspended for 38 days (initially only for 12 days). So who knows when it will be suspended again and what version 3 will look like 

Edited by internationalism

On 1/21/2022 at 7:47 AM, wensiensheng said:

Singapore….stringent, but not crazy.

Japan. S Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia….all seem sensible enough with varying levels of restriction.

I haven’t checked every country in Asia because I can’t be bothered.

Indonesia, 14 days quarantine in Jakarta only !!!!!!! The last time I looked Singapore was also a similar quarantine so Thailand is the one with less restrictions! Yes a 2nd PCR test on day 5 is a nuisance but not that bad really. Book your hotel for 5 days or longer right from the start then its not really an inconvenience is it! The only problem I see is many people already residing in Thailand including citizens that are not being tested may be carrying covid and not know it, they pass it on to visitors and the the visitors on day 5 test positive, not negotiable quarantine even if they also have no symptoms!! 

On 1/23/2022 at 8:22 PM, Soyboy said:

You could sit down and argue that every country has handled this poorly. I mean if you really wanted to, you could sit and get angry about alot of things that go on on this planet but you just don't. You get on with it, moaning will do absolutely nothing about these problems and you're defending a group of toxic people on the internet that have nothing better to do

But this topic is all about thailand-to-resume-registration-for-quarantine-free-‘test-and-go’-program-on-feb-1 and not abut any other country. Of course I could go on about other countries and how they do things but that would be in a different  thread and a different topic.

quote from you "You get on with it, moaning will do absolutely nothing about these problems and you're defending a group of toxic people on the internet that have nothing better to do".

Please quote my post in full and then show me where I am defending a group of toxic people on the internet?

• Like 2

Many European travellers have already got this omicron variant, with different symptoms. I was actually due to travel tomorrow to BKK under original T&G circumstances but wifeys pre-travel PCR test turned up positive, which was a total surprise because virtually she had no symptoms at all. Better to have a positive test here than in BKK though.

We were able to rebook those flights to a later date, but now need to apply for a new Thailand Pass. It was a little bit disturbing to read about the Day 5 test, which to the information published so far, do not take into account if you have recovered from Omicron. To us it's only a money grab, nothing else. Here's hoping that they'd account for those scenarios also, but I'm not holding my breath seeing their track record so far.