Pattaya Mayor talks about the future of Walking Street

webfact

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't need to live in, or nearby, Pattaya in order to read what the City Council spokesman said!...

" Unfortunately, in the process of moving cables underground, portions of the road were damaged and some areas are in poor condition. Our plan is to refurbish and repair the pavement along the entire road..."

No one is disputing the state of disrepair of the pavement but you are choosing to ignore the fact that the CC has confirmed that repairs/refurbishment will be made!  

Expand  

They said the same about the pavements on Tai and elsewhere. Did you read his comments about that complete fxxx up? I posted a link. You think their promises actually mean anything? Do you really have faith in these guys?

Whether you believe them or not is irrelevant to the fact that the CC specifically said repairs are to be made.  That was my point, I'm not arguing your opinion nor your speculation.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Whether you believe them or not is irrelevant to the fact that the CC specifically said repairs are to be made.  That was my point, I'm not arguing your opinion nor your speculation.

So what if they said that? They can say whatever they like. What's your point?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

I haven't been back to Samui for some years, but by the sounds of your description of the new roads, Thailand should hold an Isle of Man TT style race on Samui. 

A few more road deaths won't change the stats too much.  ????  

???? Brilliant idea! I come from quite near the Isle of Man and one thing I miss about my old "stomping ground" are the Manx kippers!

1 hour ago, sambum said:

???? Brilliant idea! I come from quite near the Isle of Man and one thing I miss about my old "stomping ground" are the Manx kippers!

Yes, just offer a first prize of 1 million baht and watch them kill themselves for it.  

Thailand's version of Squid Games.  ????  

The only thing that would do what some want would be to raze the entire strip via some right of way rule, remove the rats, fix sewage, put the cables underground, and make a genuinely beautiful walkway with some scenic viewpoints. If they do that,  pretty sure after that, there'd be no more lady bars etc (?).    But how can it be done without displacing businesses?  It cant.  Unless they made it happen and <deleted> many owners off in the process. Could do it like China does it when they wanna build a highway through private properties.  Just force em out. That's a Bit authoritarian though, to say the least.

1 hour ago, NK012 said:

The only thing that would do what some want would be to raze the entire strip via some right of way rule, remove the rats, fix sewage, put the cables underground, and make a genuinely beautiful walkway with some scenic viewpoints. If they do that,  pretty sure after that, there'd be no more lady bars etc (?).    But how can it be done without displacing businesses?  It cant.  Unless they made it happen and <deleted> many owners off in the process. Could do it like China does it when they wanna build a highway through private properties.  Just force em out. That's a Bit authoritarian though, to say the least.

I think you've got a point. Unearthing the titles to the land on either side of it would I'm sure prove highly revealing. In fact, it should be possible to find out the owners (ie those named on the chanotes) from the land office if you have the title numbers. I wonder how many would step forward and claim ownership of some dodgy title?

2 hours ago, NK012 said:

Forcing people off their land for a public project isn't just done in China--it's quite common in the USA.  My father owned land in Florida and the government took it--along with land owned by others--with plans to build a public airport.  Of course, he was paid for the land but he didn't have any choice in the matter.  

9 hours ago, NK012 said:

How can a compulsary purchase of land take place, when that land was never privately owned in the first place?

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

does he want the same as TAT .....    quality tourists who spend 10,000 baht a day and not the farang p_iss heads who sit on the bar stool from 10 till 10 ......   Lol

Interesting post.

I know some mongers that easily drop 10,000 baht on a night out on their holiday.  It's not difficult.  You don't have to be on Walking Street to do it.    

• Like 1