Jump to content

Wrong date stamped by Immigration / TR Mulitple


Recommended Posts

I have a TR Multiple (length of stay 60 days) maximim 3 times for total length of stay 180 days.  I  entered Nov 1, 2021 and did my first extension for another 60 days at the  end of Dec (28th).   I did not notice until I got home that the officer stamped my new ending date as 29 Feb,  2022.   Since this is not a leap year,  we do not have a Feb 29...  In light of this, I would hope they allow my stay until  March 1st? 

 

I plan to depart Thailand for a 1 week trip out of the country on Feb 28 or March 1st.  Is there anything I need to do at the airport prior to flying out or do  I just arrive back in and they stamp me in again with the final 60 days allowance? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my date calculator your 60 days ends on the February 27th.

Not sure how you got a 60 day extension unless you given a covid 19 extension at immigration unless you left and re-entered the country. The standard extension for a tourist visa entry is 30 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong there is the month, not the day. Your extension should end on January 29th.

 

You entered on November 1st, with an initial permission to stay until December 30th. Extending for a further 30 days will take you to January 29th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

What's wrong there is the month, not the day. Your extension should end on January 29th.

 

You entered on November 1st, with an initial permission to stay until December 30th. Extending for a further 30 days will take you to January 29th.

That's probably the correct answer.

OP you should go to immigration tomorrow or Tuesday to apply for a covid extension, or in the worst case they charge you 15k for a month overstay upon departing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, songmaew said:

I have a TR Multiple (length of stay 60 days) maximim 3 times for total length of stay 180 days.  I  entered Nov 1, 2021 and did my first extension for another 60 days at the  end of Dec (28th)

This doesn't make sense. They don't issue multiple entry tourist visas any more. And even if they did, the 60 day allowance is per entry. Any extension you got would only be 30 days. And in normal times (in absence of covid extensions) you'd only be allowed one of those before having to leave the country again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JayClay said:

They don't issue multiple entry tourist visas any more.

Actually some embassies and official consulate are issuing them now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my delay in responding Ubon Joe.  Ok, so, my visa was stamped by Suvarnabhumi imm. official upon my initial arrival in Thailand Nov 1, 2021 as:  "TR  Multiple 60"  dated Nov 1, '21 and valid to 30 Dec '21".   In the US, I applied for a special  (as opposed to the normal 60 day tourist visa) 2nd option Tourist visa called "Multiple" for a 3 x 60 = 180 days - it costs double in price to the ordinary one).  I had to submit all my flight details (arrival date and final departure back to US date at time of application).  This confirms that some countries do, indeed, issue these, as you wrote.  When I went to immigration end of Dec here in Thailand to get my Covid extension I was stamped "extension of stay permitted up to Feb  29, 2022".   I assumed that this meant I can either depart the country by that date (and re-enter for my final leg of the visa), or, apply for another Covid extension that would give me another (my final) 60  days.   I plan to return to US 20 April.  I hope that I am offering a bit more background to my issue.  My question is:  can I simply leave the country eg. a short 5-7 day trip and come back in with additional  allowance give for my stay until 20 April, or can I choose to do  another Covid extension and if so, will I get 30 days or 60  days granted at that time?  Needless to say, a visit back to the immigration office seems imperative.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, songmaew said:

My question is:  can I simply leave the country eg. a short 5-7 day trip and come back in with additional  allowance give for my stay until 20 April, or can I choose to do  another Covid extension and if so, will I get 30 days or 60  days granted at that time? 

Normally you should of gotten the standard 30 day extension before you applied for the 60 day covid 19 extension.

Your best option is to apply for another 60 day covid 19 extension that will allow you stay until the 29th of April. You need to do it before the incorrect February 29th date since it does not exist this year.

If you leave the country you could enter again up until you multiple entry tourist visa expires.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to imm. now...

I thought a (3 time) Multiple TR visa that is valid for 3 entries with a maximum stay of 180 days means that upon arrival you get 60 days.  Leave Thailand at the end of those 60  days and when you come back in you get another 60 days.  Repeat that - going out and coming back in - allows for the final 60 days = 180 days.  Is this not correct for TR Multiple?

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, songmaew said:

Sorry for my delay in responding Ubon Joe.  Ok, so, my visa was stamped by Suvarnabhumi imm. official upon my initial arrival in Thailand Nov 1, 2021 as:  "TR  Multiple 60"  dated Nov 1, '21 and valid to 30 Dec '21".   In the US, I applied for a special  (as opposed to the normal 60 day tourist visa) 2nd option Tourist visa called "Multiple" for a 3 x 60 = 180 days - it costs double in price to the ordinary one).  I had to submit all my flight details (arrival date and final departure back to US date at time of application).  This confirms that some countries do, indeed, issue these, as you wrote.  When I went to immigration end of Dec here in Thailand to get my Covid extension I was stamped "extension of stay permitted up to Feb  29, 2022".   I assumed that this meant I can either depart the country by that date (and re-enter for my final leg of the visa), or, apply for another Covid extension that would give me another (my final) 60  days.   I plan to return to US 20 April.  I hope that I am offering a bit more background to my issue.  My question is:  can I simply leave the country eg. a short 5-7 day trip and come back in with additional  allowance give for my stay until 20 April, or can I choose to do  another Covid extension and if so, will I get 30 days or 60  days granted at that time?  Needless to say, a visit back to the immigration office seems imperative.

 

 

If you have a regular multiple entry tourist visa (valid for 180 days with unlimited entries up until the expiry date of the visa) you were correctly given 60 days as your initial permission to stay when entering Thailand. When you apply for an extension, since you qualify for a regular 30-day extension of your permission to stay, you would not have been offered a Covid extension. You were given 30 days (as pointed out by others) and the official erroneously stamped the new expiry of your permission to stay as February 29th rather than January 29th. Since you are still posting about this issue, you have obviously not visited Immigration to correct things. When you visit Immigration today or tomorrow, you will get a 60-day Covid extension (hopefully) but will need to pay an overstay fine first.

 

[Just to help your understanding...] If you had applied for (and received) a Special Tourist Visa, that would have been a single entry visa giving an initial stay of 90 days which can optionally be extended twice for 90 days each time. That type of visa cannot be used to leave Thailand and get a fresh permission to stay on entry, The METV and STV are completely different animals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All good.  Had a very positive experience at imm.  - the officer understood the issue (s) well - date correction was made from Feb 29 to Feb 28 and he fixed in the system the initial error upon landing at BKK of being incorrectly given only 30 ddays, when I should have been give 60 days, as per my visa type.   He confirmed my 2 options are to do another covid extension for a further 60 days (by Feb 28) or, I can go out and upon returning back in get my 60 days then.   Kudos to the fine officer, who handled my case swiftly and explained everything to me in a well-spoken, thorough manner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, songmaew said:

All good.  Had a very positive experience at imm.  - the officer understood the issue (s) well - date correction was made from Feb 29 to Feb 28 and he fixed in the system the initial error upon landing at BKK of being incorrectly given only 30 ddays, when I should have been give 60 days, as per my visa type.   He confirmed my 2 options are to do another covid extension for a further 60 days (by Feb 28) or, I can go out and upon returning back in get my 60 days then.   Kudos to the fine officer, who handled my case swiftly and explained everything to me in a well-spoken, thorough manner.

This is bizarre. Your original post said you last entered Thailand through an airport on November 1st. Is this true, or did you leave Thailand and enter again through an airport at the end of December? If you have not left Thailand since November 1, this is what I think the corrected stamps would normally show:

  • An entry stamp showing entry on 2021-11-01 with permission to stay until 2021-12-30
  • A 30-day extension of your permission to stay, giving a new expiry of 2022-01-29

The only explanation I can come up with is that the immigration officer took pity on you and gave you a backdated Covid extension rather than the regular 30-day extension. This would give the stamp you appear to have now of 2022-02-28..

 

You are a very lucky guy.

 

Edited by BritTim
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, songmaew said:

Going to imm. now...

I thought a (3 time) Multiple TR visa that is valid for 3 entries with a maximum stay of 180 days means that upon arrival you get 60 days.  Leave Thailand at the end of those 60  days and when you come back in you get another 60 days.  Repeat that - going out and coming back in - allows for the final 60 days = 180 days.  Is this not correct for TR Multiple?

The is valid for 6 months from the day it is issued. You can do as many entries as you want to up to the day it expires.

You can apply for a 30 day extension each one including one done just before it expires. You can almost get a total stay of about 270 days by extending the last entry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...