Murder of Brit in Kanchanaburi: Injured friend sitting up in hospital gets Facebook well wishers

webfact

40 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Thailand is as safe as most other countries,cept traffic.

Those guys attacked,not the most striking of ex pats living in dumps like that,like to know the ins and outs of all this,just a load of low life living

You're familiar with the place they live? Suprised you haven't mentioned he's got tattoos, so must be low life.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

But hey this was a farang, and it was not his country, so it is his own mistake for being murdered after drinking like many Thais that night. The poor Thai guy should be set free in 3 years.

Doubt he'll get that long, a week as a monk, and an apology to the Thai lady for removing her income is more like it.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Doubt he'll get that long, a week as a monk, and an apology to the Thai lady for removing her income is more like it.

Let's see, that is the annoying thing here too, they rarely follow up on it in the news later on. To then know that even after sentencing sometimes deals are being made. Seems his dad was with him on one of the pics, could see how sad he looks, do feel for him, losing face.

It seems acceptable to law enforcement in Jomtien beach to play very loud music  from you car   in the early hours of the morning most weekends..

All along the beach road, pick ups, and cars with their boot lids open, loud music being played,  but  they never get stopped  by the local police  and  their are  two  police boxes along that road

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd rather stay here too, my woman would have many more (better) options than me in the UK.

Your right about that not to mention the <deleted> weather. I like it in Thailand sure it has its negatives but so has every country. The people that left are moaning hard about how bad it is in Thailand to justify leaving. Yet they spend many years here. Does not add up. 

Anyway you like a place until you don't but what happened here is not a good reason to move. Voilence is everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I’ve had phases of disgust but it’s honestly just extremely vigilant ethno-centrism and every healthy country should have that. The west is devouring itself trying to accommodate and appease varying groups of people and the results are a cultural psychosis. 

Having a healthy immigration policy is something entirely else, all that other cancel culture stuff stands aside of the immigration problems in western countries. Most economic benefit seeking immigrants are even against all the cancel culture things and so much more.

And over here, we usually spend 5x minimum wage as a very minimum, you would be welcome in the west as a legitimate immigrant anywhere in comparison + get residence after a few years.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

34 minutes ago, actonion said:

It seems acceptable to law enforcement in Jomtien beach to play very loud music  from you car   in the early hours of the morning most weekends..

All along the beach road, pick ups, and cars with their boot lids open, loud music being played,  but  they never get stopped  by the local police  and  their are  two  police boxes along that road

Remember when you were young, you know, last Century, and wanted to have fun, what would you have thought about the octogenarians complaining, would you have thought, sorry lads we have to think of the old people?

Get some earplugs !!!

Edited by Broken Record
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I feel a whole lot safer here,than in the UK , I have never been

back there for 36 years ,but the reports I get from my daughter

things are really bad in the West Midlands ,with shootings ,rapes,

drug dealing and the violence that brings with it, and the weather

is a whole lot better here, so I am staying , I think I will be safe , as I

don't play loud music after midnight , and have stopped honking

my horn at other motorists that cut in front of me .....????

regards worgeordie

There were 600 homicides recorded in England and Wales in 2020/21, a fall of 116 when compared with the previous reporting year. If you lived the same way in UK as you do here, you were just as safe. And if you would look for it here, just as much trouble to be found.

Big difference too is that they would have human rights, police to actually help you and a court that more or less works. Everything here is sunshine, I agree, until it goes wrong. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I would not move away forever (holidays sometime could be fine), it is not like black and white and many things to love from Thailand, all though more and more seems to be based in the history of how Thailand once was and not how it is today, let alone in the future if being realistic (it is not looking bright).

But yeah, I have a kid here and the mother certainly won't allow me to take him with me. Don't know anymore too.

You’re quite a gambling man, then. Work on your poker face.