Murder of Brit in Kanchanaburi: Injured friend sitting up in hospital gets Facebook well wishers

webfact

6 hours ago, mvdf said:

Escaping accountability by claiming voices inside one's head were the culprits behind the act is a cheap excuse. 

Probably treated as Mitigating Circumstances if he was listening to Sinead O'Connor singing!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mvdf said:

Mental impairment as a defense to justify diminished criminal liability is just as much a quackery as lobotomy being an accepted surgical intervention decades ago. It's an insult to the life and dignity of the dead victim. Escaping accountability by claiming voices inside one's head were the culprits behind the act is a cheap excuse. If you take or end someone's life, you forfeit your liberty or your right to enjoy waking up to a new day with your peers.   

You don't have to do what the voices tell you.

Mine always say 'kill everyone' ........ just say no.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Mental health checks, not to treat the murderer but only to hope and get away with a lower sentencing. I'd be following up the rest of my life if this happened to one of my friends here, the guy would never get a day of rest if getting away with easy jail sentence.

Yet we all know that killers here walk free within just a few years while someone who used drugs can be in for life. However would a farang been the killer; 20-30 years behind bars.

This country start to disgust me more and more. If I only could bring my child abroad, i'd been gone.

Very well said.

7 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The poor Thai guy should be set free in 3 years.

Early last year there was an elderly Thai gentleman,Vicha Ratanapakdee, who was murdered in San Francisco by a racist Black 19 year-old punk named Antoine Watson. So, it will be interesting, comparatively-speaking, to see what happens in that case and the one here. I do know that almost every law-abiding San Franciscan was outraged by Watson's crime. And, to be quite frank, I personally hope they throw the book at him. His next appearance in court, as I understand it, will be on the 23rd of February.

41 minutes ago, transam said:

I wonder if all these well-wishers would still well-wish if the bloke was p_ssed and loudly boogying outside their house at 3am....Don't fink so, more like...............................????.....................????

Whether people are annoyed or not with the alleged actions of this bloke.....murder, by virtue of trying to cut the head off one of them with a rusty scythe is not (and never is) an appropriate response. 

Or do you think murder is a correct response to people who annoy you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Mental health checks, not to treat the murderer but only to hope and get away with a lower sentencing. I'd be following up the rest of my life if this happened to one of my friends here, the guy would never get a day of rest if getting away with easy jail sentence.

Yet we all know that killers here walk free within just a few years while someone who used drugs can be in for life. However would a farang been the killer; 20-30 years behind bars.

This country start to disgust me more and more. If I only could bring my child abroad, i'd been gone.

No one deserved to die other this stupid incident or end up in hospital. But the fact they have been here sometime, one would think they had a pretty good idea about the local attitude towards this kind of behavior. Was it the first time? Or have there been other occasions . OK on walking street, but in a residential area at 3am?????????? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Whether people are annoyed or not with the alleged actions of this bloke.....murder, by virtue of trying to cut the head off one of them with a rusty scythe is not (and never is) an appropriate response. 

Or do you think murder is a correct response to people who annoy you?

Why not, many drivers in LOS have guns under their car seat, just in case someone toots them...????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Why not, many drivers in LOS have guns under their car seat, just in case someone toots them...????

Clearly you have no respect for you either human life or the law. 

Do this country a favour and leave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it's a horrible and sad story.

However, there are two Brits drinking the hell out of them. Disturbing the neighbours with loud voices. Disturbing with loud music, probably Western kind of.

Didn't respect that the neighbours got a right to sleep. Didn't want to stop making noise even when asked to.

In our countries police would stop it or even invite them to spend a night in a dry-up cell.

But Thailand ist different. And the two Brits didn't realize yet or being ignorant to foreign culture and customs.

Of course that is no excuse for any murder or violence.

But the bad behaviour of the two Brits caused the desaster finally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Clearly you have no respect for you either human life or the law. 

Do this country a favour and leave. 

"No respect for the law", what are you talking about, I have respect for others, I do not play loud music, p_ssed up all day and night annoying my neighbours, ass_oles do that.

Where have I upset the law, tell me, my lad is a policeman in LOS, he might get upset with me. ????

Why should I leave the country when I have been here a very long time and never been in trouble with the law, yet.......????

Now go read the thread title, then my posts....???? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What a bunch of bull it is in this thread. See it clearly! If a person had been doing thee same in England, they would also make him undergo tests regarding mental health. Most probably that would result in a different sentence and treatment for his problem. Why all the need to complain over the Thai system and how can Thailand become so bad, when they are just doing the same?

That knowledge and education as well as fuse and behavior is not same in different countries, we already know. That is something we have to take into consideration before relocating. Not saying it´s right, but no one can come here and think it will work like they are used too. We have to accept the people here, and adjust to the ways people are used to live and do things.

All too often we hear the old excuse "It wasn't my fault - I was high on drugs - I need help".

Not just in Thailand, but many of the so called developed Western world countries (especially the nanny state where I come from) have this breed of "person" (and I use the term loosely) who seem to think that they can use drugs as an excuse for their intolerable behaviour once they are caught and brought to book for it.

Nobody forced them to stick a needle in their arm, and nobody forced them to act so irresponsibly with a total lack of respect for others, and the law, so it's not help they need - it's giving them the type of "education" they deserve that they need that may deter them from reoffending!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

"No respect for the law", what are you talking about, I have respect for others, I do not play loud music, p_ssed up all day and night annoying my neighbours, ass_oles do that.

Where have I upset the law, tell me, my lad is a policeman in LOS, he might get upset with me. ????

Why should I leave the country when I have been here a very long time and never been in trouble with the law, yet.......????

Now go read the thread title, then my posts....???? 

And human life????

The fact your lad is a policeman explains alot about you. 

• Confused 1

I lost my mother 3 days ago.She died at age 86.Natural causes.I cant even imagine how the guys family is doing now.Its a terrible loss.We are supposed to live longer then our parents.Loosing a child/brother/sister in that kind a way nowone deserts.RIP

• Sad 1

A Thai without mental problems would NEVER hurt anyone, obviously! it can only mean one thing... the boy was sick, didn't know what he's doing, society should try to understand him - I'm almost in tears writing this. Give him a couple years and then a pardon - after all it was only a farang!  

Edited by BobBKK
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

I can already see it in the news clippings, the Thai murderer is being coddled, one police officer had his arm around him during questioning as if to comfort him. The poor Thai with mental health problems couldn’t control himself and was pushed to the edge by the foreigner being disrespectful to all things Thai is the narrative they’re pushing. It’s almost like they’re treating the murderer as a hero.

That's horrible. Can you link some of the sources where they are pushing this narrative?

6 minutes ago, Myran said:
14 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

I can already see it in the news clippings, the Thai murderer is being coddled, one police officer had his arm around him during questioning as if to comfort him. The poor Thai with mental health problems couldn’t control himself and was pushed to the edge by the foreigner being disrespectful to all things Thai is the narrative they’re pushing. It’s almost like they’re treating the murderer as a hero.

That's horrible. Can you link some of the sources where they are pushing this narrative?

That narrative is not being pushed at all...

But some posters refuse avoid their own negative bias when making comments.

16 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

A bloke walking around with a sickle at 4 a.m. looking to attack people isn't a normal event. What a weird rambling post. 

42 minutes ago, Ginner said:

I agree with you, no excuse for the murder or injuries, but they were asked to turn it down and they chose to ignore it.

Where does it say that in any of the reports or information ???? 

42 minutes ago, Ginner said:

Another instance which happened to me and my wife. our Thai neighbors would every night for 3/4 months till the early hours ( 2am/ 3am) play loud music, get drunk and quiet often fight amongst themselves. Other Thai people would complain to each other, but not the culprits. One night about 2am they were partying and out of the blue one of them started banging on our gate and shouting "<deleted> you Falang"! ( a few of the other were trying to stop him) anyway the next day my wife told the owner of the house we were moving and why. 1 hour later 5  guys came to the neighbor's house with two police officers. the people were told to move out that day, apologies to my wife and I and told if you come back or threaten the falang you will go to prison. What we didn't know was the owner of our house is the daughter of the governor of Phathumtani

Thats a good win.... ????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well, it's a horrible and sad story.

However, there are two Brits drinking the hell out of them. Disturbing the neighbours with loud voices. Disturbing with loud music, probably Western kind of.

According to one poster (with first hand info) neighbours and nearby residents didn’t hear any loud music... 

and now you’ve added loud voices.

In fact there have been no reports of loud voices at all, but I imagine the guys were at least talking. 

Didn't respect that the neighbours got a right to sleep. Didn't want to stop making noise even when asked to.

Where has it been reported that they were asked to turn down the volume or stop making noise ????

I may have missed an update somewhere, but I have not read in any source that the victims were approached or contacted to turn down anything....   The attack cam out of the blue without warning. 

In our countries police would stop it or even invite them to spend a night in a dry-up cell.

Dry up ??? why ? where is it reported that they were so drunk they needed ‘drying up’ ????

IF they were too loud, yes, the police would be called, as they should have been in Thailand.

But Thailand ist different. And the two Brits didn't realize yet or being ignorant to foreign culture and customs.

IF they were noisy... it would appear some customs were well adopted. 

Of course that is no excuse for any murder or violence.

Agreed.

But the bad behaviour of the two Brits caused the desaster finally.

What bad behaviour - IF the Brits were loud this is only something which happens everywhere in this country. 

Want to know what caused the murder ??? a mentally deranged person who has never received any treatment or help and who should have been under supervision. 

The Brits didn’t cause their own murder - the authorities did by allowing someone so mentally unstable the freedom of public movement when they are clearly dangerous and a thread to society.