Murder of Brit in Kanchanaburi: Injured friend sitting up in hospital gets Facebook well wishers

webfact

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

ok so it's sellers\pushers fair enough, they've ruined enough lives, sickening when they target girls to get them hooked

this is the sort of attitude that sees this nonsense unfortunately  being continued.  The most destructive and dangerous drug on the planet is alcohol, it ruins far more lives then all other drugs combined...  so called illicit drugs should be legalized, taxed and sold in specialized shops, addicts should be treated as a health issue, not a criminal justice issue.

https://theweek.com/articles/445005/why-all-drugs-should-legal-yes-even-heroin

if the goal is to minimize harm — to people here and abroad — the right policy is to legalize all drugs, not just marijuana.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BumGun said:

this is the sort of attitude that sees this nonsense unfortunately  being continued.  The most destructive and dangerous drug on the planet is alcohol, it ruins far more lives then all other drugs combined...  so called illicit drugs should be legalized, taxed and sold in specialized shops, addicts should be treated as a health issue, not a criminal justice issue.

You're a user then......????

5 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

while someone who used drugs can be in for life

No. Not a Thai.

Farangs yes. But not Thai.

A serious amphetamine dealer I previously knew got just a couple of years in prison. "Judge felt sorry for him", the family said.

A farang who did the same? Probably 20 at least.

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

Mental impairment as a defense to justify diminished criminal liability is just as much a quackery as lobotomy being an accepted surgical intervention decades ago. It's an insult to the life and dignity of the dead victim. Escaping accountability by claiming voices inside one's head were the culprits behind the act is a cheap excuse. If you take or end someone's life, you forfeit your liberty or your right to enjoy waking up to a new day with your peers.   

There speaks an expert on Psychology , not.   Understanding the human mind and its behaviour requires many years of study and observation, which I have done.  Any rush to judgement belongs in the bar!  It maybe that the attacker is fit to face trial or not.   However, he should be assessed before being condemned.    I agree that a henious crime has been committed, but all the facts of state of mind of attacker and the annoyance being caused by two people who did not apparently demonstrate any social etiquette must be considred before judgement.  It maybe that the Thai medical authorities have some questions to answer as to whether the attacker was fit to be out in the community!

Edited by Havenstreet1940

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Mental health checks, not to treat the murderer but only to hope and get away with a lower sentencing. I'd be following up the rest of my life if this happened to one of my friends here, the guy would never get a day of rest if getting away with easy jail sentence.

Yet we all know that killers here walk free within just a few years while someone who used drugs can be in for life. However would a farang been the killer; 20-30 years behind bars.

This country start to disgust me more and more. If I only could bring my child abroad, i'd been gone.

The same rules apply if a Thai kills another Thai, depending on how much money the murderer has, who they are connected to and who their family is, in relation to the victim of course. The Benz driver 'Moo Ham' springs to mind, killed some Thai students while driving drunk and/or on drugs and it was mental health issues again. 

In this case, the mental health excuse will no doubt be played up by the defence to avoid a death sentence. 

That “mental illness” card was thrown in right at the beginning. For me personally, this crime was quite a typical thai-style savagery we have seen so many times before. There will be no real justice done for the poor victim, don’t hope for it.

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

It was a dreadful thing to happen to anyone but playing loud music after 3 in the morning is not the way to enamour yourself to Thais (or anyone for that matter).  

Loud music or not, and a poster who knows the place and people involved says there was no loud music, it isn't something you get killed over in a civilised society.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

There were 600 homicides recorded in England and Wales in 2020/21, a fall of 116 when compared with the previous reporting year. If you lived the same way in UK as you do here, you were just as safe. And if you would look for it here, just as much trouble to be found.

Big difference too is that they would have human rights, police to actually help you and a court that more or less works. Everything here is sunshine, I agree, until it goes wrong. 

OK then,  the weather , I am sure a British winter would finish me off,

the chill in Thailand at the moment is enough for me, that's good enough reason

for me to stay here for the few years I have left. I ain't going nowhere.

regards Worgeordie

Some off topic / inflammatory / troll posts also also a cartoon meme and an off topic video and replies, all from the same member have all been removed, please do not further nonsense of this sort .

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

so just drug users get 2 decades?  not drug pushers?

I guess you know the answer: locking up hundreds of thousand of drug users into totally inhumane prisons is to make make the world believe you are serious about fighting drugs, and overlook that most people in power got their hands dirty over the past 50 year.

Drug users are poor while pushers are rich and Thailand your status is solely based on face and fortune. True education and creativity have not as much value as in Europe, or even the US.

I am sure the Thais are laughing at Merkel.

In the British news yesterday the guy who died his G/F wife whatever you want to call her, She said he used to support her every month now she doesn't know what she will do she doesn't have any support, she should have told him to turn the music down she might still have her sponsor

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sunnny said:

That “mental illness” card was thrown in right at the beginning. For me personally, this crime was quite a typical thai-style savagery we have seen so many times before. There will be no real justice done for the poor victim, don’t hope for it.

Agree, they threw that card in way too early!  I'd like to hear from the murderer as to why he killed them.  This story needs to be balanced.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Mental health checks, not to treat the murderer but only to hope and get away with a lower sentencing. I'd be following up the rest of my life if this happened to one of my friends here, the guy would never get a day of rest if getting away with easy jail sentence.

Yet we all know that killers here walk free within just a few years while someone who used drugs can be in for life. However would a farang been the killer; 20-30 years behind bars.

This country start to disgust me more and more. If I only could bring my child abroad, i'd been gone.

Unfortunately this happens in other countries as well. I’ve come to accept that the world isn’t fair and that’s just how it is, doesn’t matter where you go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

i can take personal attacks but at least i have common sense and especially at *******  three o'clock in the morning

Common sense - Judging by the content of your post in the past 24 hours, I would say that, that is highly debatable at best. Although i suppose at 3am you are asleep so that is probably when you make the most sense as you are not awake and spouting utter nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not trying to condone murder, but everyone has his breaking point and loud music in the middle of the night is one thing that brings me close to it. I'm not a violent person, but there have been a few occasions when (fortunately) the wife has talked me out of charging out to the source of the noise and causing mayhem. To some, loud noise in the early hours is more than an annoyance, it's torture. I personally hope the judge takes this into account when sentencing.

4 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

It was a dreadful thing to happen to anyone but playing loud music after 3 in the morning is not the way to enamour yourself to Thais (or anyone for that matter).  

True. Might there be an alternative solution to it other than cutting off the persons head with a sickle though?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

In the British news yesterday the guy who died his G/F wife whatever you want to call her, She said he used to support her every month now she doesn't know what she will do she doesn't have any support, she should have told him to turn the music down she might still have her sponsor

The GF in Thailand saying the same   ,  The ages? late 40s ,53?   Think immigration are going to be interested too

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Playing loud music that disturbs you neighbours is unacceptable at ANY time. My next door neighbour (I live in Birmingham, England) has a large “outhouse” in his back garden (which is about 30 yards from my bedroom) in which he holds Party’s for his own household (his wife and 2 - sons aged about 12 and 15) and invited friends. These Party’s commenced about 4 years ago and at first loud music continued throughout the night, sometimes to 5am. The only redeeming feature was they were only held infrequently, e.g. about once per month. Even so if these Party’s had continued in a similar manner I would be considerably “cheesed off” by now and if they had not heeded my complaints I would have asked the Police to intervene in my behalf. If that has not worked then “who knows what action a upset man would do” (and I am not mentally disturbed “just now”?). Over the last 25 years I have attended many Murder (and other) Trials at my local Crown Court and it amuses me how stupid the Defendants are. Whatever the aggravation it certainly not worth being locked up for 1 year never mind for +15 or +30 years many get sentenced to BEFORE being considered to be released. You have to “not in your right mind” or “simply mental” or simply stupid” to act in such a manner. Of course it helps if the Police are not corrupt and there are Laws in place “to keep the peace”. 

Shootings murders happen in most countries

Reading some of the reports in here maybe to  some people Thailand is not for you to live in 

I am happy here the Thai people I know are friendly don't need to put them in the same boat as this guy who did this  despicable act  

Hopefully he will be locked up and kept out of people's way 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

interesting that they were playing the music next door in the guys house who laying  down right now in the picture.. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, BumGun said:

You can have alcohol thousands of times without being addicted, not the same with Yaba, low life falang also get thai girls addicted, not just low life Thais

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, stigar said:

I moved back to my country with my exwife and our 2 kids about 12 year ago.Best decition ever.My kids live a good life here,good education,peaceful life..my exwife remarried here 3 year ago.She have a good salary here, about 50.000 pound a year.And alot of other benefits compared to thailand.

Can't be talking about the UK then!  :cheesy: :cheesy: