Bangkok to Accept Walk-in for AstraZeneca Vaccinations From January 31

snoop1130

5b896187d378d033300a01f7ff22c687_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration will provide AstraZeneca vaccinations for people of all nationalities aged 18 years or older starting this Monday.

Dr. Suksan Kittisupakorn, Director of the BMA’s Medical Service Department, stated that the department is accelerating its vaccination rollout for citizens in Bangkok as much as possible. Aside from appointments through the QueQ app, the BMA will begin offering walk-in vaccinations for the AstraZeneca vaccine on January 31 at 7 BMA associated hospitals. Vaccinations will be administered to all groups aged 18 and over for their first, second, or booster injection until the supply runs out.

The locations, operation time, and contact numbers for these hospitals are:

1. BMA General Hospital: Monday-Wednesday from 9 AM-2 PM. Tel no. 02-225-1354

2. Charoen Krung Pracharak Hospital: Monday-Friday from 8 AM-3 PM (from February 7-25, 2022) Tel no. 02-289-7000-4

3. Luang Phor Taweesak Chutinataro Uthit Hospital: Monday-Friday from 1 PM-3 PM Tel no. 02-429-3575- 81 ext 8589

4. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Lat Krabang Hospital: Monday-Friday from 8 AM-3 PM Tel no. 02-327-3049

5. Ratchaphiphat Hospital: Monday-Sunday from 8.30 AM-3 PM Tel no. 02-444-0163 ext 0

6. Khlong Sam Wa Hospital: Monday-Friday from 8 AM-11 AM Tel no. 064-557-6009

7. BMA Bang Na Hospital: Monday-Friday from 8 AM-2 PM Tel no. .02-180-0201-3 ext 103,104

Vaccination will be provided to only recipients with one of the following formulae:

- Those who had Sinovac and Sinopharm as their first dose with a duration of vaccination longer than 4 weeks.

- Those who had AstraZeneca as their first dose with a duration of vaccination longer than 8 weeks.

- Those who had Sinovac or Sinopharm as their first and second dose with a duration of vaccination longer than 4 weeks.

- Those who had AstraZeneca for their first two doses with a duration of vaccination longer than 3 months.

- Those who had Sinovac or Sinopharm as their first dose, AstraZeneca as their second dose with a duration of vaccination longer than 3 months.

Thai citizens must bring their ID cards, while foreigners must bring their passports as well as their social security cards or pink cards for the walk-in service. A personal pen is also required.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-01-27

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

"foreigners must bring their passports as well as their social security cards or pink cards for the walk-in service."

so they haven't learnt anything from the last delays for older farangs. Looks like you need a pink card or SS cards in addition to a passport to get the much needed booster.

9 hours ago, Globaleyes said:

A bit confusing.  The article says that people for first jab can walk in, but then in the criteria, it says that you must have had a previous jab....which is it?

The article is quite clear

"Vaccinations will be administered to all groups aged 18 and over for their first, second, or booster injection until the supply runs out."

The criteria is in respect of previous vaccinations.

The only criteria for the first jab is breathing.

1 hour ago, Wardp said:

So are they giving Astrazeneca as a booster dose to those that have had 2 doses of Astra zeneca?

And why not? Having had 2 AZ jabs why not stick to what you know.

I wouldn't put too much store in the effectiveness of vaccine combinations as it is relatively short term.

The real long term protection is based on T cells rather than antibodies and that immunity builds up with exposure to the virus, so the more vaccinations of any type, or infections, you get the better off you will be in the long term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

And why not? Having had 2 AZ jabs why not stick to what you know.

I wouldn't put too much store in the effectiveness of vaccine combinations as it is relatively short term.

The real long term protection is based on T cells rather than antibodies and that immunity builds up with exposure to the virus, so the more vaccinations of any type, or infections, you get the better off you will be in the long term.

It was reported AZ had almost no defence against Omicron variant, it begs the question - what's the point??

22 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It was reported AZ had almost no defence against Omicron variant, it begs the question - what's the point??

I’ve had two AZ jabs and got Omicron, it was less than a cold.  I self isolated 5 days and now there’s no urgency for a booster because I have some natural immunity.

13 minutes ago, Real Name Hidden said:

I’ve had two AZ jabs and got Omicron, it was less than a cold.  I self isolated 5 days and now there’s no urgency for a booster because I have some natural immunity.

I totally agree, similar thing happened to me.

Booster is suppose to onnly boost immunnity for 8-10 weeks, what's the point? I will only get that if it becomes a requirement to travel which i think is unlikely.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Why not post the report that you refer to and explain if they are referring to antibodies or T cells.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Link pls.

You're the only one disputing what i saw or do you think i don't know what i saw?

This was my post

"The real long term protection is based on T cells rather than antibodies and that immunity builds up with exposure to the virus, so the more vaccinations of any type, or infections, you get the better off you will be in the long term."

You can just google "T cells vs antibodies" for verification.

You raised a dispute with this response

"It was reported AZ had almost no defence against Omicron variant, it begs the question - what's the point??"

You claim your point was based on what you saw but cannot say if that referred to antibodies or T cells.

Basically you disputed the post without the full facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1