sin sod or not she was already married

kingstonkid

On 1/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, djayz said:

Have to disagree with this. There are early telltale signs which give gold diggers away early on in the game. You should  be able to see these signs and get out immediately.

I certainly did before I met my wife.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 5:58 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Too many farangs are stupid suckers and pay their beloveds to just be with them, so word got around, and others probably think they can get the same deal.

Happy to say my wife went to work every day to earn her own money. She also cooked for me if she was at home ( she worked as a cook at Sizzler ). In return she got a better life than she could have afforded.

This post is 100% me.

20 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Upon retiring here, my thought was that the best scenario would be a gorgeous barren orphan!

Back in the old days guys in Pattaya could go talk with Father Ray and take one of the orphan gals off his hands. The Pattaya orphanage was primarily interested in taking care of the little kids, so when the orphan gals got around ages 18,19,20 they really wanted them to move on and make room for more incoming kids. 

• Sad 2

The parents have already had their payment for their daughter, so no Sin Sod.

But, it is expected to give a few quid as a gesture....????

PS. It really should be the other way round regarding a bung, after all, you are taking the now ageing single lady off their hands...????

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Just for reference, my girlfriend would come over to my place, clean it, cut the toenails, do laundry, and other stuff. Spend the night. And then go back to her Thai boyfriend the next morning.

i was happy to see her go.

I suspect she was younger than mine. Once they hit 40 to 50, IMO women are not interested in multiple liaisons. Too much work.

1 hour ago, grain said:

Back in the old days guys in Pattaya could go talk with Father Ray and take one of the orphan gals off his hands. The Pattaya orphanage was primarily interested in taking care of the little kids, so when the orphan gals got around ages 18,19,20 they really wanted them to move on and make room for more incoming kids. 

When I was 10 years old I was blessed with an 11 inch Pen!s, Unfortunately it belonged to Father O' Malley 

• Haha 2

On 1/27/2022 at 7:06 PM, bbko said:

I wouldn't have a meeting with the future in-laws where the very 1st meeting is me handing them money.  Meet them without mentioning marriage, see how it goes.  Even then after the meeting and when it's marriage time, I'd only offer to pay for the party or some other minor gift.

She doesn't even want him to meet them! Why would you go against that? Surely only to find out if she's some sort of black sheep/bunny boiler/whatever. If you wanted to do it, you'd take a good Thai speaking friend with you to pick up the family vibes. ????

In all the years I have been here, most farangs who marry a divorcee with baggage, they near all have had to listen to the Sin Sod thing, it really is just to fleece a few quid for a family share out.

Most grin and bear it, not wanting to upset the apple cart and his new.....????

On 1/27/2022 at 5:29 AM, Neeranam said:

Why would anyone want to marry a 50 year old?

In my view, getting married is only for the sake of the kids. 

This is why I married a nearly 50 year old. 

1) I wanted someone close to my age so that when we are walking around together I don't look like a child molester.

2) If I married a 20-30 year old she would most likely want to have children or has children that's still in need of being cared for. My wife has a daughter but her daughter is old enough to be self sufficient which she is. 

3) I wouldn't have anything in common with a 20-30 year old, I dispise that generation taste in music and I'm not into the club scene.

Best of all My Thai wife owns her own home and rubber tree farm. I have a nice place to retire to and she treats me 100 times better than my 1st wife of 24 years. 

Not all Thai ladies are into draining your Bank account. 

My last point to ponder is this, it takes very little money to elevate a Thai lady living every month. Whatever country you are from, how much did your ex get from you monthly and I'm the divorce.

It cost me everything to get out of my 1st marriage but worth every penny. Be careful who you choose. Be well and play nice everyone. I'm on my way to Thailand in 2 days. ????????????

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iLuvThai said:

This is why I married a nearly 50 year old. 

1) I wanted someone close to my age so that when we are walking around together I don't look like a child molester.

2) If I married a 20-30 year old she would most likely want to have children or has children that's still in need of being cared for. My wife has a daughter but her daughter is old enough to be self sufficient which she is. 

3) I wouldn't have anything in common with a 20-30 year old, I dispise that generation taste in music and I'm not into the club scene.

Best of all My Thai wife owns her own home and rubber tree farm. I have a nice place to retire to and she treats me 100 times better than my 1st wife of 24 years. 

Not all Thai ladies are into draining your Bank account. 

My last point to ponder is this, it takes very little money to elevate a Thai lady living every month. Whatever country you are from, how much did your ex get from you monthly and I'm the divorce.

It cost me everything to get out of my 1st marriage but worth every penny. Be careful who you choose. Be well and play nice everyone. I'm on my way to Thailand in 2 days. ????????????

My wife is my first wife, see o can't answer your questions.

Lived in Thailand most my life and seen many failed marriages.

My advice to foreigners coming here:-

1, don't get married until you have lived her for 5 years and understand the cultural basics.

2, don't build a house until you've been married for 5 years.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, kingstonkid said:

Neeram  Better than marrying a 25 year old.

There are a couple of reasons to get married.

Getting married gives her some peace of mind that I am not going to do a runner.

Most important though is if the rules change for retirement visa I have another out for a long term visa extension.

Being married never stopped anyone doing a runner. It's just more expensive to do so.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, Neeranam said:

My wife is my first wife, see o can't answer your questions.

Lived in Thailand most my life and seen many failed marriages.

My advice to foreigners coming here:-

1, don't get married until you have lived her for 5 years and understand the cultural basics.

2, don't build a house until you've been married for 5 years.

Shouldn't that be NEVER build her a house?

On 1/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, transam said:

In all the years I have been here, most farangs who marry a divorcee with baggage, they near all have had to listen to the Sin Sod thing, it really is just to fleece a few quid for a family share out.

Most grin and bear it, not wanting to upset the apple cart and his new.....????

Sensible ones do it for show, but get the money back. Just to keep the in laws happy for the face.

If they insist on money to keep, consider if you really want to be married to her or her family.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Shouldn't that be NEVER build her a house?

No. It's not just her you are buying it for, it's for both of you, and your children. If you follow my advice, you should have found a normal wife.