sin sod or not she was already married

kingstonkid

23 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

This a pile of buffalo do do.  You need to get out of this relationship - its the usual farang ATM scenario.  You don't pay money to meet the family - in this outdated facet of Thai culture, you are supposed to negotiate Sin Sot with her mother or the next in line family elder.  How you would do that without meeting them, I know not.  If she's talking about money at this stage, I think you know what to do, you don't need to ask here.

In context I don"t see theres anything wrong with her saying her family will want money. We all know it would be true. All your new best friends sitting there like drooling mongrels waiting for a hand out. Maybe she feels embarrassed about it. On the other hand if you feel she is hinting that you will need to grease them up if you want the pleasure of her families company that's a huge red flag but a very typical and common one if they are from a poor / village back ground. I used to wonder how these girls became so entitled and expectant of going from the outhouse to the penthouse but there never seems to be any shortage of fresh meat queuing  up for the slaughter

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 2

Guest Isaanlife

Op you never mentioned how old are you?

At 50 years old, she should be thanking god someone is willing to financially take care of her.

Not ask for money. Asking for sin-sod tells me she is not thankful to you?

13 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

In context I don"t see theres anything wrong with her saying her family will want money.

Simply going by his original statement.  If she's warning him that her family will want money, hat's off to her but that's not how I read his OP.

• Like 2