sin sod or not she was already married

kingstonkid

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

I have never met one that thought she was lucky to get a better life and a caring husband unless it was a Hollywood lifestyle where she was showered in real estate and gold. I honestly think they believe they are downgrading getting a farang and expect to be renumerated for it. Different story if its an old guy and a sexy young girl, and more power to you if you can afford it but an older lady that is probably bringing nothing to the table apart from a lot of baggage and future problems....nup. have some self respect / self worth and have some expectations of your own. After you have lived here some time you will reallise there is a queue of women 30-50yo wanting to meet you from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. If it doesn't work out...nnnnext. If she seems like a nice woman give her a try. But dont commit to anything and don't invest any more than you would in a GF back home, particularly at the start. And I wouldn't automatically fire her just because she asks for money. Her friends (who have never even spoken to a farang) will be coaching her on what to expect and egging her on. Set her straight and give her one chance. The real test comes later when her jealous friends are asking where is her gold and new Louis bag? And why haven't you built her a home? Its all about face, showing off, embarrassment. Which monkey has the most bananas. If shes strong enough to push all that off and be realistic u may be on a winner 

Have to disagree with some of your response.

In Isaan many gals escape from poverty by marrying a farang and do indeed have a better life than they ever would have had.

Guest Isaanlife
34 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Oh I agree, the ones that want to meet you at the mall on your first date etc. And yeah blind Freddy could see them a mile off.... although we often carry on regardless. The worst ones are the women who may not outwardly be gold diggers. You set up the family home etc, then after a year or 6 months, you are greeted with the news that she has guaranteed a loan for gambling debts with your (her) Land deeds with the local loan shark, and if you can't stump up 500k to 2 million baht, someone will be around tomorrow to take ownership of your home. She may not be a gold digger, or even a bad person for that matter. But she may be totally irresponsible with money, and you have just invested your life savings into a future with her and gave someone with a comparable third grade education complete control over your financial future. I know 2 guys have recently been through it and now back home working at 66 and 70yo. Or the other guy I know who's wife simply said she was bored, going back to the bar and if he wanted to stay in the 8 million baht home he bought and paid for he could pay her 25k a month rent. Then there are the long gamers who do go in with intent, and have played the game before. I been here 8 years now and there are good girls around, but after what I have seen repeated over and over again I am at the stage of my life where I wouldn't risk putting anything in a Thai woman's name. It is just too much of a gamble for me 

If you pick a woman like you describe,  it is pretty obvious you did not know her very well before getting married and you get what you deserved.

I don't feel sorry for any farang that gets smoked.  No one to blame but themselves. If they get outsmarted by a bar girl, well, that is all on them.

When you are 66 and 70, getting married so someone half your age, what exactly do they expect? True love?

Bar girls learn all the tricks and will soon separate a fool from his life savings.

8 years is a good start, but after 20 years you will really know what is going on.

There are lots of expats married more than 20+ years. 

16 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Really? I haven't met one yet who would even cook for herself let alone cook for me or even help do 20% of the chores around the house. Neither do any of my mates wives particularly do much. Slaves? Often? Not in the Thailand I live. I have asked a few of them what they are bringing to the relationship as I seem to be paying for everything and doing most of the work for both of us. Answer is usually something like "I live with you everyday". I always wonder how blokes go here who don't know how to take care of themselves.   

Too many farangs are stupid suckers and pay their beloveds to just be with them, so word got around, and others probably think they can get the same deal.

Happy to say my wife went to work every day to earn her own money. She also cooked for me if she was at home ( she worked as a cook at Sizzler ). In return she got a better life than she could have afforded.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Heng said:

These are the best threads.   Been on this board for almost 20 years and it never gets old.   Reminds me of one fellow (don't know if you're still on here) who said it begins with sin sod, and ended up with him having to write his name on all his possessions (as in blender, microwave, DVD player, etc.) in magic marker because the in-laws kept walking off with his stuff.  

Indeed, how many of these threads have we seen? 

I often wonder why foreigners use 'sinsot' and not 'dowry', 'tabien baht' and not 'housebook', 'bargirl' and not.....

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I often wonder why foreigners use 'sinsot' and not 'dowry', 'tabien baht' and not 'housebook', 'bargirl' and not.....

We are alle xperts or was it xpats?

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

And call themselves farang .......... cos they're ting tong ........

• Haha 1