Kanchanaburi murder latest: Funeral held for deceased Brit, crowdfunding appeal started for attempted murder victim

webfact

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't know about other guys, but I've only got jeans and shorts.

And my only footwear choices are flip-flops or brightly coloured trainers.

I got the same bad wardrobe as you though i got some teva sandals and black gym shoes. No suits or anything anymore. Got a few decent looking t shirts but no real black slack or anything. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:33 AM, Straight8 said:

An incidence like this and the attacker paid the victims hospital bill?

Not in this lifetime or the next.

As for the state stepping in especially where a falang is involved.... bahahahahahahaha.

So just the flower basket? But isn’t there this new fund especially for VICTIMS without proper insurances? Since int travelers getting charged  300 bht extra

Edited by Destiny1990

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I got the same bad wardrobe as you though i got some teva sandals and black gym shoes. No suits or anything anymore. Got a few decent looking t shirts but no real black slack or anything. 

They have cloths shops here....... or a market. Pick up some lightweight black trousers and a shirt and keep them in reserve. AS you get older you end up going to more funerals to justify the purchases. 

On 1/29/2022 at 3:14 PM, robblok said:

Not sure where you come from but in the Netherlands the state wont cover it, as its between two private parties. Does the state cover legal ldisputes between private parties where you come from ?

In Netherlands if a guy knives another guy. He will go to jail and have to pay financial compensation bills trauma etc to the victim. If the attacker doesn’t have the money then The Netherlands will upfront that amount and give it to the victim. Now that money remains a debt at the attacker his name till his death so he still needs to payoff to the state. Any assets will be taking away from him salary House car land etc.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They have cloths shops here....... or a market. Pick up some lightweight black trousers and a shirt and keep them in reserve. AS you get older you end up going to more funerals to justify the purchases. 

Oh a shirt, i own. Lightweight black trousers I don't but of course i would get those if i had to go to a funeral. Seems normal to me. Got nice black shirts too. But right now I don't and thankfully only had to go to one funeral in this country so far.

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

In Netherlands if a guy knives another guy. He will go to jail and have to pay financial compensation bills trauma etc to the victim. If the attacker doesn’t have the money then The Netherlands will upfront that amount and give it to the victim. Now that money remains a debt at the attacker his name till his death so he still needs to payoff to the state. Any assets will be taking away from him salary House car land etc.

The upfronting is not a sure thing, the rest yes, but its the same in Thailand. I have read about cases where the state upfronts it but its not a normal thing. I think that is the only thing we don't agree about. 

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Who is 'they'? You are making a generalisation that is borderline racist. One man, apparently mentally ill, attacked two men who were both twice his size. They only 'they' is the two Brits..

Then I ask you what are “their”, “Thai” cultural norms which the attacked guy has to respect according to the poster I replied to? Do those cultural norms also include the cultural norms of the savage sickle attacker? No? Why? Because generalizations are only allowed to be used for the positive things like “their great culture”, “their land of smiles”, “their kindness” etc.? Isn’t it this type of double standards and hypocrisy that prevents any future change of the inhuman and cruel behavior MANY Thais exhibit so often (and especially dealing with the foreigners in conflict situations)?

P.S. Remember that guy with machette hunting another foreigner because of the bottle of beer just a week ago? Then the attacked just ran away and thanks to that he still has his head in its place. There are numerous incidents like this well documented during the years. Still many prefer to talk about “one nutcase with the mental issues”. 

Edited by Sunnny
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
On 1/29/2022 at 1:57 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

That's not how it works here, no matter what you think "needs" to happen.

It does work like that in the rare case that the attacker is a foreigner. 

One empirical example, not hearsay, then, please, of a Thai victim's foreign attacker being compelled to pay the Thais hospital bill.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One empirical example, not hearsay, then, please, of a Thai victim's foreign attacker being compelled to pay the Thais hospital bill.   

A thai guy kicked a door of a car in Soi Kao Noi but unfortunately there were 3 foreigner Banditos inside. They ran after him and gave him a blood nose. They had to pay the whole story was on this website.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My neighbour had to pay the hospital bill of an underaged  kid who was riding a motorcycle the wrong way and ran into her..... policeman would not give her a report for her insurance claim otherwise!.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

The upfronting is not a sure thing, the rest yes, but its the same in Thailand. I have read about cases where the state upfronts it but its not a normal thing. I think that is the only thing we don't agree about. 

So why then this foreigner victim has to do a crowdfunding? Yes The Netherlands state will always upfront the money, so that the victim doesn’t have to chase his attacker for payments. The state will do that.

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

So why then this foreigner victim has to do a crowdfunding? Yes The Netherlands state will always upfront the money, so that the victim doesn’t have to chase his attacker for payments. The state will do that.

Can you back that up (can be over PM) as i looked into it and cant find that. I have looked at some cases and it was not always sure. So if your 100% sure id love to see your reasoning.

The victim has to do crowdfunding because it might be hard to get the money. However he let his insurance lapse (sure in this case the attack was not his mistake but if had had not lapsed his insurance he would not be in trouble)

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

A thai guy kicked a door of a car in Soi Kao Noi but unfortunately there were 3 foreigner Banditos inside. They ran after him and gave him a blood nose. They had to pay the whole story was on this website.

Ah yes I remember...about 2 years ago? And they wont be wearing their colours in that hood again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Can you back that up (can be over PM) as i looked into it and cant find that. I have looked at some cases and it was not always sure. So if your 100% sure id love to see your reasoning.

The victim has to do crowdfunding because it might be hard to get the money. However he let his insurance lapse (sure in this case the attack was not his mistake but if had had not lapsed his insurance he would not be in trouble)

His insurance  might require a drug test and a blood alcohol  level test