Kanchanaburi murder latest: Funeral held for deceased Brit, crowdfunding appeal started for attempted murder victim

webfact

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Was it reported that "his insurer" has refused to pay his claim?

No, but it was suggested, insurance companies do not have the best reputation when it comes to paying out claims, and it has been backed up by posters time and again on this forum, and they can't all be wrong.

I am fed up debating this, so  there will be no more answers on this.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No, but it was suggested, insurance companies do not have the best reputation when it comes to paying out claims, and it has been backed up by posters time and again on this forum, and they can't all be wrong.

Well, they could all be wrong but if Thaivisa posters make assertions they must all be true, I suppose.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

His injuries were not self-inflicted!

Self inflicted by being a pain in the ar#se to the neighbours..

Self inflicted in that they provoked a response.

Self inflicted in that they got pi##ed, played loud music in the middle of the night

Self inflicted in that they wouldn't have brought this on themselves if none of the above took place..

But, not self-inflicted!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What do you want him to wear, a suit, collar and tie? Any friends funerals I attended here and even family funerals back in the UK, I always just wore casual clothes.

Apart from when I was a teenager or playing in a band, I have never worn or owned a suit or collar and tie, apart from my wedding day.

You wore a suit on your wedding day? Why?

5 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

So he works full time in the UK, travels to Thailand for a few weeks or a month at a time over a year, she works full time; and he can't afford to pay his medical bill? Doesn't sound right.

"Doesn't sound right" is getting into the area of conjecture of an individual's personal circumstances and financial status.   The very last thing that he would have imagined is having to remain longer than expected in Thailand due to being attacked and narrowly missing death.   One of his injuries he sustained was a fractured skull, which was operated on.   I imagine that flying would not be recommended for at least a few weeks after such an injury.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Yeah his mistake sure, it's the normal thing to get your head blown off or cut in pieces when your music is to loud.Happens everyday and total normal.I think the suspect should get a medal for killing that guy.Oh man, no idea what country you come from,maybe you should stop drinking or stop watching to many movies

I've felt that death occurring to a noisy neighbour at 3 in the morning would be a reason to celebrate on several occasions.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

What i'm worried about is that there will be a day when the Thai government will force each foreigner coming to Thailand or staying in Thailand to have an insurance to cover such situations if such cases will continue to happen seeing that burden that situation like that brings upon the system...

My understanding is that to obtain the Thai Pass in order to enter Thailand, non Thais have to have Insurance of Baht 1.5m for the duration of their stay.

1 hour ago, Jim P said:

Ok so he works in the UK and was on holiday. You clearly know more about the whole episode than me and it sounds like your saying he had insurance which expired after the incident, is that right, he was covered when the incident took place? As for holding out the tin cup now for a working guy that could easily pay this bill on a credit card, no thanks, be responsible for your own mistakes.

I thought he was a long-term  expat, not a tourist?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

"Doesn't sound right" is getting into the area of conjecture of an individual's personal circumstances and financial status.   The very last thing that he would have imagined is having to remain longer than expected in Thailand due to being attacked and narrowly missing death.   One of his injuries he sustained was a fractured skull, which was operated on.   I imagine that flying would not be recommended for at least a few weeks after such an injury.

He is a long term expat

1 hour ago, Jaybott said:

So he works full time in the UK, travels to Thailand for a few weeks or a month at a time over a year, she works full time; and he can't afford to pay his medical bill? Doesn't sound right.

Such experienced travellers  usually have insurance or was he a long term expat?

13 hours ago, webfact said:

"On Saturday 15th January (actually it was 22nd) our friend Shaun Dagnan was subjected to a horrific attack whilst on holiday in Thailand as seen on the national news. His friend was sadly killed so we're very lucky to still have him with us after sustaining his very serious injuries

"His travel insurance has lapsed due to an unexpected extended stay.

All these half-truths just to squeeze money out of well-meaning people are actually quite disgusting.

"Daggy" reportedly has possibly been LIVING in Thailand for THREE YEARS. For all intends and purposes he no longer was a "tourist". His travel insurance (if he ever had one in the first place) must have "lapsed" years ago. No travel insurance permits you to sign up for a whopping three years. He obviously didn't bother taking out a regular health insurance either, as he should have done after deciding to remain in Thailand. And as per the "unexpected extended stay"... was that perhaps caused by him marrying and settling down with a local woman? An "extended stay", yes. But "unexpected"? No.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He is a long term expat

This is where the expression "Expat" is open to definition.   Given the regularity of his visits and relationship commitment, I guess he would describe himself as an Expat yes.

2 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

All these half-truths just to squeeze money out of well-meaning people are actually quite disgusting.

"Daggy" reportedly has possibly been LIVING in Thailand for THREE YEARS. For all intends and purposes he no longer was a "tourist". His travel insurance (if he ever had one in the first place) must have "lapsed" years ago. No travel insurance permits you to sign up for a whopping three years. He obviously didn't bother taking out a regular health insurance either, as he should have done after deciding to remain in Thailand. And as per the "unexpected extended stay"... was that perhaps caused by him marrying and settling down with a local woman? An "extended stay", yes. But "unexpected"? No.

Oh dear, you need to read this thread to grasp the actual circumstances.

7 minutes ago, pagallim said:

This is where the expression "Expat" is open to definition.   Given the regularity of his visits and relationship commitment, I guess he would describe himself as an Expat yes.

In some stories he is a tourist and in others an expat. In the story asking for money he is a tourist. Did he have a return ticket? What kind of visa did he have? What kind of tourist activities did  he do? What kind of tourist  accommodation  did he have?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

That's  what I thought! But if what you are saying is true then the crowd funding story is a lie or a mistake.