Kanchanaburi murder latest: Funeral held for deceased Brit, crowdfunding appeal started for attempted murder victim

webfact

26 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I've been to 2 cremations in Isaan, shorts, flip flops and a shirt was not out of place among the folks. I'm talking a ceremony in the woods. Now my first foreigner funeral in a more urban setting I wasn't sure so wore slacks, dress shirt. I was the only one dressed like that. All foreigners had shorts on.

'Slacks'? Lol Did they have a little hoop/ loop to tuck under your foot?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'Slacks'? Lol Did they have a little hoop/ loop to tuck under your foot?

When I travel I wear slacks, dress shirt, leather shoes and jacket. Oh I get it, perhaps I should call them dress trousers. 

• Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife
9 hours ago, pagallim said:

He already works full time in the UK, and only travels to Thailand to visit his partner for a few weeks or a month at a time over a year.   She works full time here as a chef.   He arrived this time in December and would have left this week.

Works full time and here he is in Thailand on holiday broke?

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

I agree with what you have been saying, and before I attended the funeral of my ex-girlfriend's mother, I asked a few Thai folk what would be the proper attire for a funeral, and although I didn't wear a tie, I did have long dark blue/black trousers, real shoes and a white open necked shirt, and that was appreciated.

Did the same again when I attended a friend's funeral here in Patong. So it's not too much to ask to dress in a "decent" style at a Thai funeral. And even if one didn't have access to such clothes, they are cheap and easy to buy in places like Big C.

Don't disagree with you, however in context the man had just been released from hospital, having sustained fairly severely injuries including a fractured skull.   Perhaps dark trousers and shirt were not the first priority in saying goodbye to his friend.     Maybe it was not correct to have smoked a cigarettet  in the wat.   Maybe the emotion of having just escacaped death thought it was OK.   Just saying.

Guest Isaanlife
3 hours ago, pagallim said:

You seem to be overly supportive of crowdfunding a guy you don't even know?

You respond negatively to every single post, and you have made a lot of posts, that don't agree with your opinion.

I find this behavior very, very odd?

Why are you so defensive of someone you claim you don't personally know?

Why are you so quick to bash ALL the other posters that do not agree with you?

You have no stake in this outcome, or do you? 

You seem to want to defend every single common sense post made by others for the benefit of getting crowdfunding for someone you don't even know?

Or do you?

1 minute ago, Isaanlife said:

You seem to be overly supportive of crowdfunding a guy you don't even know?

You respond negatively to every single post, and you have made a lot of posts, that don't agree with your opinion.

I find this behavior very, very odd?

Why are you so defensive of someone you claim you don't personally know?

Why are you so quick to bash ALL the other posters that do not agree with you?

You have no stake in this outcome, or do you? 

You seem to want to defend every single common sense post made by others for the benefit of getting crowdfunding for someone you don't even know?

Or do you?

Contrary to your belief, whilst I don't really know the individual, because I go to Kanchanaburi every year and am familiar with the area and have met some great people.   Yes, whilst not knowing this particular individual, I do know others with whom he is close.   I am aware of his and his partners circumstances.    

Read your accusations against my posts.   Are you for real?

Why are you so disbelieving of what others are telling you?

2 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Contrary to your belief, whilst I don't really know the individual, because I go to Kanchanaburi every year and am familiar with the area and have met some great people.   Yes, whilst not knowing this particular individual, I do know others with whom he is close.   I am aware of his and his partners circumstances.    

You need to tell me what others are telling me.   I'm having conversations with people who were actually there, and whilst there is an element of doubt in these circumstances, what is not in doubt is that there was not a lot of noise that night.   

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, but it was suggested, insurance companies do not have the best reputation when it comes to paying out claims, and it has been backed up by posters time and again on this forum, and they can't all be wrong.

I am fed up debating this, so  there will be no more answers on this.

The assertions you refer to have NEVER been backed up. You do well to cut and run. But most insurance  policies do have a  drink and drugs  clause. Have the people involved  in this  fight been tested for Amphetamines?

Guest Isaanlife
8 hours ago, pagallim said:

You disbelief every poster that has posted.

Who cares if you know others, this is not about them it is?

If you know all the answers please tell us why he is in Thailand with no money and how long he has been here? You seem to never answer that question for some strange reason.

Then you PM me and threaten me?

Save your ideal threats, better yet, don't make any.

8 hours ago, pagallim said:

Don't disagree with you, however in context the man had just been released from hospital, having sustained fairly severely injuries including a fractured skull.   Perhaps dark trousers and shirt were not the first priority in saying goodbye to his friend.     Maybe it was not correct to have smoked a cigarettet  in the wat.   Maybe the emotion of having just escacaped death thought it was OK.   Just saying.

Don't know about other guys, but I've only got jeans and shorts.

And my only footwear choices are flip-flops or brightly coloured trainers.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'll be sure to instruct the ushers to seat you in back at my burning ceremony

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Many years ago I bought a cheesecloth  black shirt and long stretchy black pants that easily go under the motorcycle seat for funerals. That is all they get worn for..... and are thin material and not too hot. The equivalent of the black suit I had in the UK. 

You see some tired and hung over individuals at funerals!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunnny said:

They just cut his friend’s head off, almost killed himself in the most barbarian way imaginable and the first thing he should be worried about now is ‘respecting their cultural norms’? What about respecting foreigners’ lives in the first place? Isn’t it something much more important for the REAL culture (not the one where rituals and formalities substitute the essence)?

"They", was it a horde then...?

Horde.thumb.jpg.211af40cee66459c0aa88429c2877d39.jpg

2 hours ago, Sunnny said:

They just cut his friend’s head off, almost killed himself in the most barbarian way imaginable and the first thing he should be worried about now is ‘respecting their cultural norms’? What about respecting foreigners’ lives in the first place? Isn’t it something much more important for the REAL culture (not the one where rituals and formalities substitute the essence)?

How ironic.

Respect... just like these lads were doing drunkenly playing  loud music at 3am ?

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:41 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is why you worry about potential hospital bills BEFORE needing a hospital. It could be caused by a large variety of misfortunes, as life is a gamble every day we wake up.

How many times have we heard of go fund me pages for both tourists and expats? Over the years I knew quite a few elderly expats who ended up returning to their home countries, I think healthcare played a part in that for all of them.

Whilst they were acting in a very ill-judged way, these two guys didn't deserve to have their heads chopped off by some nutcase with a sickle. The neighbours should have just called the cops, and they could have shown up and fined them 5000 baht each and it'd be over.

I also get tired of this instant over-use of the excuse of "mental problems"... it's an affront to people that actually do have them and most don't do this sort of stuff. More likely the 22 year-old was a man-baby with no emotional intelligence that thought he could do as he wants, because it's "me"... then gets arrested at his mum's house, typical.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Dude said:

Whilst they were acting in a very ill-judged way, these two guys didn't deserve to have their heads chopped off by some nutcase with a sickle. The neighbours should have just called the cops, and they could have shown up and fined them 5000 baht each and it'd be over.

I also get tired of this instant over-use of the excuse of "mental problems"... it's an affront to people that actually do have them and most don't do this sort of stuff. More likely the 22 year-old was a man-baby with no emotional intelligence that thought he could do as he wants, because it's "me"... then gets arrested at his mum's house, typical.

"Just call the cops"...............????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pagallim said:

A profile is gradually being built up

3 hours ago, Sunnny said:

Who is 'they'? You are making a generalisation that is borderline racist. One man, apparently mentally ill, attacked two men who were both twice his size. They only 'they' is the two Brits..

14 hours ago, pagallim said:

"Maybe it was not correct to have smoked a cigarettet  in the wat'

There is no 'maybe'..Its crass, insensitive and disrespectful and perhaps  a window into his behavior on the night of the fight

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Whilst they were acting in a very ill-judged way, these two guys didn't deserve to have their heads chopped off by some nutcase with a sickle.

One almost lost his head.

Get your facts right before climbing atop that high horse.

• Thanks 1

Guest Isaanlife

One has to ask?

If those were Thai guys drinking and playing loud music at 3 AM, would the result be the same or would the killer have sat down with them and got drunk himself?