Kanchanaburi murder latest: Funeral held for deceased Brit, crowdfunding appeal started for attempted murder victim

webfact

14 hours ago, webfact said:

A 22 year old Thai man, reportedly with mental health problems, is helping police with their inquiries in the western Thai city of Kanchanaburi. 

The Thai authorities seem more interested in "helping" the murderer.  The murdered farang and the farang he tried to hack to death?  Meh!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Er...AM I missing something  here? At every wedding I have ever attended the bride wore a beautuful wedding gown and in general everybody dressed smartly..But I've never been to an Australian wedding

I was being sarcastic.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moe666 said:

No one should have died over this but drunks usually only have themselves to blame. Loud music for 6 hours and at 3am, thai people have to go to work same as the rest of the world. I would wonder how many times they were asked to tune down the music and loud talk and told the person asking to f------ off. Just as you could not figjre out how to be a good neighbor maybe you can figure out how to pay the price of you belligerence

Spot on. For people who are confused by the term  'spot on': it means that 'I agree and concur with the accuracy of your opinion'.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

Can you please condense all your posts into one big one, or are you trying to monopolies this topic, or trying to get your post count up.

Thanking you in anticipation.

????

Problem being, too often posters reply to the OP (original post) without reading the subsequent posts where reasons and circumstances are given, and then shoot off at tangents on some imaginery theory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Be a nice earner then....????

Doubt it.   Probably less than the salary/wages he would have earned being unable to return to work, and the potential cost of flight changes.   We're not talking serously big bucks here.

1 minute ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

But not for a funeral. How sad.

Into context, just released from hospital after life threatening injuries, probably struggling to put on a pair of shorts or lift his arms over his head.   Imagine what he must have been thinking, there at the funeral of a friend whom he'd seen murdered a few days before, and was lucky to be alive himself.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pagallim said:

That is all conjecture yet again.   Had they been drinking?   Yes.   Was there loud music?   Seems unlikely, no other neighbours reported as such or complain.   Were they asked to turn music down and told people fo F Off?   Again, not read that anywhere, only in the imagination of some Asean Now posters.

Conjecture based on experience and likelihood and to be fair other story outlets. And we can only guess as to whether the farang  parties involved were of the  same opinion of thais as the Thai haters and Thai  bashers on this forum who regularly voice contempt  for Thai men and women?

But: Bottles of Beer + 3am + Bluetooth speaker outside+ loud music +two middle aged men+ small community+ fragile mentally ill man =?

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Into context, just released from hospital after life threatening injuries, probably struggling to put on a pair of shorts or lift his arms over his head.   Imagine what he must have been thinking, there at the funeral of a friend whom he'd seen murdered a few days before, and was lucky to be alive himself.

I would be thinking 'what could I/we done to prevent it if I could go back in time?  Move the party inside? Turn the music down? Or crank up the volume, put on high way to hell and mock  the locals..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I was referring to the second (funeral photo) with a second row attendee wearing shorts. There is nothing to indicate the photo of the wounded friend plus three was taken at the funeral.

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst I am sure we may all on occasions say if you have no insurance its your own risk with the hospital bills, it is appalling that someone has to worry about hospital bills after an attempted murder event by a Thai national ! This guy was not drunk, doing 80 on a rented bike down a curvy hill for heavens sake. It's now like a ransom after the event !

Still, I am sure immigration or the TAT will arrive with a nice bunch of flowers for a photo opportunity !

"Still, I am sure immigration or the TAT will arrive with a nice bunch of flowers for a photo opportunity !"

Or arrest him for being on overstay - nothing would surprise me here! I heard last week of someone being fined for overstay because they "self quarantined" due to having a positive Covid test but no symptoms, therefore no hospital/medical records to back up their story. (Maybe false news because I "heard it through the grapevine" but as I say - nothing would surprise me here!)

Get a grip guys.

Whilst this is very sad & the Thai guy obviously not well balanced, the circumstances of sitting in the street at 3am, playing loud music, drinking beer in a public place,  probably talking loudly & intoxicated  in a foreign country was not the smartest decision they have ever made.

If Thais did this in your street in your home town, would you or your neighbours be upset ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Outside not inside. 3am when  other people want to sleep. They were not in a bar

Outside their own accommodation, having a drink together, a music speaker present, but not report of loud noise.

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

All medical bills can be placed on the shoulders of the attacker. If he doesn’t pay then the state needs to cover it.

Not sure where you come from but in the Netherlands the state wont cover it, as its between two private parties. Does the state cover legal ldisputes between private parties where you come from ?

22 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Outside their own accommodation, having a drink together, a music speaker present, but not report of loud noise.   Where do you live "The Hammer2021"?   Seriously, where are  you?

Pattaya-where people know the price of not showing respect...and thus act accordingly...lol

We know what happened: a couple of Brits got in a fight and lost...Badly...sadly for some!

Edited by The Hammer2021

I've been to 2 cremations in Isaan, shorts, flip flops and a shirt was not out of place among the folks. I'm talking a ceremony in the woods. Now my first foreigner funeral in a more urban setting I wasn't sure so wore slacks, dress shirt. I was the only one dressed like that. All foreigners had shorts on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pagallim said:

Thank you for your comment. However, I don't wear shorts at funerals! I show respect. I don't Bluetooth music at 3am. I show respect. I think the term sad is best aimed at two old men rocking at 3am  to a novelty  cheap speaker ignoring the community  around them. After years in country they still haven't gained 'situational awareness'....That's sad..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thank you for your comment. However, I don't wear shorts at funerals! I show respect. I don't Bluetooth music at 3am. I show respect. I think the term sad is best aimed at two old men rocking at 3am  to a novelty  cheap speaker ignoring the community  around them. After years in country they still haven't gained 'situational awareness'....That's sad..

You know how a person dresses at a funeral I'd say has much to do with the deceased. Now The one I went to recently all his friends came wearing shorts, cooler of beers for a few hours before the ceremony. He would have loved it.