Hi all…are the professional money changer offices still functioning as normal with the reduced tourist numbers?

mikey88

Of course many changers/booths closed.

But in the hotspots still enough to find one in reasonable distance.

At least in Pattaya there is no serious shortage.

Which area are you interested in?

Of course they publish their rates.

Few examples.

Pattaya:

https://ttexchange.com/exchange-rate

Bangkok:

http://www.vasuexchange.com/

https://www.superrich1965.com/home.php?language=en

etc.pp.

5% to 10% worse at airport exchanges.

Reminds of a visit to Koh Samui during the worst times (July 2020). On the deserted nightly Chaweng beach rd the only light in the dark was some exchange booth :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Not sure about other airports but Suvarnabhumi has good rates downstairs at 5 or 6 booths as you enter the train area. 

That's correct. The area is under control of the state railway, free from AOT (airport organisation).

I was referring to the usual tourist traps along the arrival/departure gates.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

As this seems to be posted to the Chiang Mai forum, I can tell you that although most of the on-street money changers are closed, there are a few that never closed, and several more that have reopened recently in the more well visited areas.  Personally, I like the one at the north end of Changklan Rd, west side of the street, 100 meters down from Thapae Rd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blanes2007 said:

Super Rich exchange office near the Iron Bridge is open and offers the best course as usual.

Google maps 18.784054,99.003061

That's SK Exchange at 70 Charoen Prathet (the one way northbound road along the west side of the river, one block over from Night Bazaar) , near Iron Bridge and next to the Reggae Cafe. 

Super Rich is on Lai Kroh Rd.  Both are open and have best rates in town from my experience, (SK a slight edge better) but check on the limited hours and unexpected early closures when business is slow. 

9 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

That's SK Exchange at 70 Charoen Prathet (the one way northbound road along the west side of the river, one block over from Night Bazaar) , near Iron Bridge and next to the Reggae Cafe. 

Super Rich is on Lai Kroh Rd.  Both are open and have best rates in town from my experience, (SK a slight edge better) but check on the limited hours and unexpected early closures when business is slow. 

I like SK too.  Last time I looked there was a Super Rich branch across the street.

12 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

And while you're there ---  I go to SK because I buy their dark roast coffee beans.  Then I cross the street and walk up a block to have a bowl of the best fish ball noodle soup. 

11 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

As this seems to be posted to the Chiang Mai forum, I can tell you that although most of the on-street money changers are closed, there are a few that never closed, and several more that have reopened recently in the more well visited areas.  Personally, I like the one at the north end of Changklan Rd, west side of the street, 100 meters down from Thapae Rd.

Confirmed as I ride my bike daily in old city---most open during day--slim pickings at night

Mr Pierre's on Thae Pae rd seems to have the best rates--blue shop