Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs

superal

Ref; the above . In my home country (UK) if the police suspect you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs a road side test will be given i.e for alcohol it is a breathalyser and drugs , a saliva swab is taken . Is it the same here in Thailand ?

18 minutes ago, superal said:

Ref; the above . In my home country (UK) if the police suspect you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs a road side test will be given i.e for alcohol it is a breathalyser and drugs , a saliva swab is taken . Is it the same here in Thailand ?

Most case's 500 bth and have safe trip SIR.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Sad 1

All my years driving around Thailand I only once been tested for alcohol. It was in Khon Kaen about 10 years ago, I was driving in the city about 6pm. Cop came out on road and stopped me, then while I was sitting in my car he got me to blow into the bag. It couldn't have been a better time for me as it was a rare period when I hadn't had a drink for about 3-4 days. Anyway, I passed the test and the cop told me I could go. It was a bit weird as I've never seen any roadside testing anywhere since, so maybe the cop had just received the testing kit and wanted to try it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's difficult enough surviving on the roads when sober, why anybody would want to put their own lives - and the lives of other road users - at risk in this day and age of taxis, uber, grab, etc., etc., is beyond me! 

Edited by djayz