After TWO YEARS of cutting my own hair, in the mirror, and Still Looking Handsome, I will never go back to the Barber Shops. What about you?

GammaGlobulin

7 hours ago, dj230 said:

one thing that shocked me was the prices of haircuts in Thailand, quite expensive and in most cases more expensive than in Toronto Canada

if I ever need a job in Thailand I'll become a barber

Total BS

Toronto prices:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 08.40.21.png

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Where do you get your haircut.

It is around 30 baht in Isaan.

Agree, most economical. I don't cut my own hair (what's remaining) or shave either. Barber is also a family friend so continued to enjoy 'clandestine' service even when it wasn't allowed. For 150 baht (including tip) it's a bargain and helps the economy. I have to go elsewhere for manicure and pedicure but those too are absolutely affordable.

6 hours ago, papa al said:

Total BS

Toronto prices:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 08.40.21.png

Cut and curl charges 600-800 baht for a cut, cheapest they have, that’s $23-$30 Canadian dollars.

Some salons charging 1000+ baht 

Just run of the mill chain salons, nothing special. 

Edited by dj230

12 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

I live in bangkok, I go to cut and curl 600-800 baht which is $23-$30 Canadian dollars. Its just a regular chain salon, nothing special.

Other chains were charging similar, some 1000+ baht  

Edited by dj230

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

I live in bangkok, I go to cut and curl 600-800 baht which is $23-$30 Canadian dollars. Its just a regular chain salon, nothing special.

Other chains were charging similar, some 1000+ baht  

Maybe try an independent salon or barber.

For B1000 should get 'happy' too.

16 hours ago, dj230 said:

one thing that shocked me was the prices of haircuts in Thailand, quite expensive and in most cases more expensive than in Toronto Canada

if I ever need a job in Thailand I'll become a barber

All the guys in my family go to the Barber and it's 60 Baht each to get a haircut, where do you live that you pay more.

• Like 1

My Stainless steel 100 anniversary edition Wahl clipper removes hair from my head and places few barbers would venture too. 

It's already paid for itself. But, I do have to accept I'll never be as biblical as Steve Bannon, it's a No. 3 buzz cut at best. Anything longer and I look like a teenage Hasid.

Longest without a haircut during lockdown was 16 weeks. I normally have my hair cut every six weeks, coincidentally I was at the hairdresser today. The same lady in Hat Yai has been cutting my hair the last ten years. It used to be Bht150 for a cut & shampoo with scalp massage, these days it's Bht200. I let my wife and daughter loose on it once, never again.

Edited by Stocky

46 minutes ago, papa al said:

Maybe try an independent salon or barber.

For B1000 should get 'happy' too.

Don't want to risk issues with an independent salon and hygiene, stuff like lice, infections, is probably not fun

Just was shocked that salons are the same price, if not more expensive than Toronto.

34 minutes ago, JWRC said:

All the guys in my family go to the Barber and it's 60 Baht each to get a haircut, where do you live that you pay more.

Bangkok, I go to a typical chain salon, nothing special, cut and curl, 600-800baht a haircut. 

Where do you go to get one for 60 baht?

Edited by dj230

13 hours ago, dj230 said:

Don't want to risk issues with an independent salon and hygiene, stuff like lice, infections, is probably not fun

Just was shocked that salons are the same price, if not more expensive than Toronto.

Bangkok, I go to a typical chain salon, nothing special, cut and curl, 600-800baht a haircut. 

If you live or are anywhere near Kanchanaburi I am happy to point you in the right direction, about 10 minutes from Big C.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:48 PM, dj230 said:

go to a place where the motorcycle taxi drivers go.  ask a motorcycle taxi driver.   ..on a personal note, I cut my own hair.  for over 2 years now.  it doesn't look the greatest.  but when you are over 70 years old, who cares?  they sell these clippers on lazada for 500 baht that are good for cutting your own hair.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:57 AM, Isaanlife said:

It's 70 bht where we are in Khon Kaen , I always pay 120bht and tell him to keep the change,

ok you can all go  after me now. :hit-the-fan:

but he is happy to see me and  I never have to wait. In the US I paid about 700 bht and that was cheap. 

I get my hair cut every couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, tomazbodner said:

Just found a picture of you...

70 hairstyles that'll make you rethink the worst haircut you've ever seen

WOW, Man!

You are almost completely ON TARGET.

You KNOW me, full well.

So, do you really want me to post my REAL photo here, for you to see???

OK.

IF you insist....

Here I am, almost the same as you envisioned me....

1098593075_CPiLaywWcAAboPa(1).jpg.ee761b8613a3dfd70beecc44170802fe.jpg

Chomsky:

Love him or leave him.

On 2/2/2022 at 3:24 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry, but, you know what I am talking about...

Have Mercy!

RIP Dusty Hill (d. July 28, 2021).  Live from Gruene Hall, Gruene.  Texas' oldest dance hall, just off the banks of the Guadalupe River and in front of the Gristmill restaurant.  I'm a fortunate son to have been there many times.