Oil spill in Rayong leads to 4,000 room cancellations on Samet

webfact

ks.jpg

By Natcha Patanasophon

Hoteliers and hospitality workers said on Tuesday that an oil spill in Rayong is dampening the tourism sentiment in the tourist resort of Koh Samet and urged the government to mitigate the damage as quickly as possible.

Koh Samet, just off the coast of Rayong, has seen oil slicks stain its beaches as a result of an underwater pipeline rupture last Tuesday. The pipeline is owned by the Star Petroleum Refining Company.

On Friday, the leaked oil reached Mae Rampueng seashore in Rayong. The main mass of oil is now heading to Ao Prao, a small bay on Samet Island, according to local news reports.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/37129/oil-spill-in-rayong-leads-to-4000-room-cancellations-on-samet/

ti.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-02-02

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

You can add a Zero to this figure; this oil aint going anywhere for a while .......

Just wondering now, how the TAT boys are juggling up some other marketing splash for them to look brilliantly great - as usual! Welcome to Thai beaches, the tan oil is here already (or something along this line)? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I really cant understand this. The government gave public assurances that no oil would come ashore.  Why can't holiday makers believe them.....????

Why not to learn how it's handled in other countries. Or why not to invite somebody from BP?

6 hours ago, Enoon said:

Last weeks announcements, that the slick would be gone in 7-10 days, failed to mention that it would be all over the beaches instead.

yeah, and that stuff is particularly nasty.. a few years back had bit of it show up on the beach here and i was unaware of it and stepped on some of it that was stuck in the sand.. it was quite literally stuck to me too after that and quite difficult to take off my foot.