lottery

rodknock

Been like it for auite awhile.

They should move the whole thing to an online/ app and that would put an end to ALL of the shinnanigans.

They are even varying by nu ber now too, grouping certain numbers into 80 /90/100/120 bt then 2/4sets of same and so on. Ridiculous for what is supposed to be fixed 80bt per ticket.

Shoukd try paying them with a 100bt note and asking more for it, even though its printed 100bt on it ! ???? see how they like it...555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

They should move the whole thing to an online

In Dec 2021 several Thai news outlets mentioned talks of making  "Thai digital lottery" to help stop vendors inflating prices, I don't think it's available.....yet.

1 hour ago, bbko said:
2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

They should move the whole thing to an online

1 hour ago, bbko said:

In Dec 2021 several Thai news outlets mentioned talks of making  "Thai digital lottery" to help stop vendors inflating prices, I don't think it's available.....yet.

Yes and there where quite large protests by and on behalf of the disabled vendors.

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yes and there where quite large protests by and on behalf of the disabled vendors.

with the amount of 7/11's in thailand - probably outnumbering the disabled - i see no reason they could not have a lottery stall in the 711's with a disabled person manning them. Could even have a digital link for a disabled person outside to sell them on line. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Also why is the cost for more of the same number  so pricy.... Surly four tickets should be 320 bhat  not the the 1000 bhat up price

IT IS printed on the ticket 80 baht......per ticket......now they are charging 100 and above for an 80 baht ticket....

SOMETHING NEEDS to be done about this rip off. 

one dame a few weeks ago wanted to charge me 120 so I told her where to go in a pleasant english manner i.e go forth and multiply!!!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Lottery tickets here in Thailand are like any other commodity. If the punters are prepared to pay the price, that's the price they'll sell them at.

I have read the suggestion from @CharlieHabout moving the sales to an online system several times on the forum, but no one has suggested an adequate way of supporting the many thousands of disabled persons, for whom this is their only opportunity to make an income.

It is also obvious that calls to the government to address the issue are futile. Their attempts are, at best, temporary.

From my own point of view, my attitude is this. If you're not prepared to pay the price, don't buy. But do remember that you are undoubtedly much better off than those selling the tickets. Perhaps you should stop being so mealy mouthed about it.

Whilsst what you say may well be relevant in your area and indeed some others, here the majority of sellers are under 40 and NONE have any visible disabilities. In fact in 3 locations that come to mind thry are women under 30 playing on their iphones usually, and you can pay them without CASH !

As for paying the price, its clearly printed 80bht and inflating it is wrong in my opinion, or would you be quite happy to pay 120bht for 100bht note
gto get 20% less cash at the bbak because the clerk was disabled , Same propincipal.

Yes --put it online, you dont have enough newsagent outlets here so,  also give it to 7-11,   Mini C etc....

for Odds it still remains one of the better Lotteries in the world.

Just a Million to 1  

UK--  over 45 Million -1  

USA---over 292 Million -1

Oz (Power-ball)  over 76 Million -1

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

here the majority of sellers are under 40 and NONE have any visible disabilities.

Does a disability have to be visible before it's believable? I think that's a very narrow minded view.

Disabilities can also include mental issues, dexterity issues, sensual issues as well as the more detectible and recognizable mobility issues.