Over 23,000 apply for Thailand Pass under ‘Test and Go’ on first day of its resumption

snoop1130

Those who can afford to travel and know where to go will have a wonderful time. Recently I watched a video shot in Koh Chang by a known brit Vloger. This guy was able to enjoy almost empty beaches in that beautiful island, excellent food and everything was very affordable. Later the crowds will take over again, even the Chinese will go back. Now is the time to go, if you can!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, garyk said:

I bet the ones the ones that do come will have a field day. Basically a buyers market. 

I hear that tourist areas have become ghost towns, because none of the migrant workers are there, so you don’t even have the commerce catering to Thais. Not exactly a buyers market.

4 hours ago, thisisrascal said:

Oh great, I applied for the Thailand Pass for the Phuket Sandbox on 23 January and I’m still waiting on them to review my application. 

*Bangs head against wall*

I've just checked on my application status and apparently my application doesn't even exist.... 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2022 at 5:07 PM, bkk6060 said:

Many want to come.  Expats living here but I bet mostly, men who are single or have gotten divorces during Covid and are sick of the females appearance/attitudes in their countries and now wanting to enjoy time/start a new life here.

This should be the last place they should come, maybe to better try The Philippines, no ridiculous immigration issues there, unlike Thailand.

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Did you miss the fact that to apply for a Thai Pass you must have already booked and paid for 2 nights hotel, airport transfers, 2 PCR test and your flight (required for hotel booking)

You completely forgot minimum 50k USD health/corona insurance pre paid where practically no one will use and if you test with no symptoms you go to Corona hospital jail and your insurance does NOT cover you!!

2 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Those who can afford to travel and know where to go will have a wonderful time. Recently I watched a video shot in Koh Chang by a known brit Vloger. This guy was able to enjoy almost empty beaches in that beautiful island, excellent food and everything was very affordable. Later the crowds will take over again, even the Chinese will go back. Now is the time to go, if you can!

Oh please. The last four times I went to Koh Chang in 2017/2018 and 2019 it was a complete ghost town and always in the Winter high season.  Every massage person and restaurant owner said it's dead.  

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Did you miss the fact that to apply for a Thai Pass you must have already booked and paid for 2 nights hotel, airport transfers, 2 PCR test and your flight (required for hotel booking)

You missed out the insurance scam.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Can we, pls explain why?

Was easy last time, why would it be difficult this time?

Have you any experience with it? did you find it too hard?

It's never been about the Thai Pass itself, that's pretty simple, it's the requirements to complete before getting approval of a Thai Pass.

Pre-paid flights, covid insurance,  hotel, PCR tests, airport transfer 

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

process is to complicated 30hr hotel conformation happen or not, lots of uploading and docs not compliant with thai requirements.

Risk of catching covid in thailand and incaration.

I am not a tourist so have visa might consider 1 week quarrantine probably a better option

4 minutes ago, tomyami said:

I am not a tourist so have visa might consider 1 week quarrantine probably a better option

Yes, so long as you're confident you'll arrive with a negative test this a more secure way 'hopefully' eliminate getting covid between day 1 and day 5.

I think it's only 5 days you'd need to do.

47 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, so long as you're confident you'll arrive with a negative test this a more secure way 'hopefully' eliminate getting covid between day 1 and day 5.

I think it's only 5 days you'd need to do.

positive or close contact on arrival under any option for internationally vaxed foreigners is a risk, but the 5 days would need near isolation to be sure for the final test is neg.

Better imo, to arrive as unvaxed less complicated 1 hotel inc everything no vax cert detail issues, ie missing passport # or name not exact as in passport

Lots of certs have social security no. as the main identifier

3 minutes ago, tomyami said:

positive or close contact on arrival under any option for internationally vaxed foreigners is a risk, but the 5 days would need near isolation to be sure for the final test is neg.

Better imo, to arrive as unvaxed less complicated 1 hotel inc everything no vax cert detail issues, ie missing passport # or name not exact as in passport

Lots of certs have social security no. as the main identifier

Non vaxed 7 days.

This would be quite a bit more expensive than test and go.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Non vaxed 7 days.

This would be quite a bit more expensive than test and go.

2 day hotel packages 5 days between is not free and vaxed or not on arrival no different

Extra documentation and moving hotels/locations is not what i want in my first week

I think if you dont have a condo, same same but up to u...

2 minutes ago, tomyami said:

2 day hotel packages 5 days between is not free and vaxed or not on arrival no different

Extra documentation and moving hotels/locations is not what i want in my first week

I think if you dont have a condo, same same but up to u...

Nothing is free.

2 days against 5 or 7 will be much cheaper.

But yeah, up to you, i will do day 1 and day 5 test with T & G.

Is anyone really surprised that some people who just do not like the cold and snow of Winter

would be applying for a trip to anywhere tropical?  Some are more worried of catching COVID

in their home countries than in Thailand, where at least the majority of Thais wear their masks

on a regular basis especially  if they live in polluted Bangkok.  My old friend who is in Hua Hin, says its mostly

the travelers and some expats that do not seem to know how to properly wear a mask.

It is only early February, and that is mid winter for lots of people who are now sick of it.

• Like 1