Over 23,000 apply for Thailand Pass under ‘Test and Go’ on first day of its resumption

snoop1130

And their rude enougth start sharing news that US say that philipines is a wery high risk country to travel to now..almost the same they warned about going to vietnam last year.Then thailand said dangerous because of foodpoison.

12 hours ago, smedly said:

I really hope they know what they are letting themselves in for

test positive day 5 and you are in a whole pile of expensive hurt 

it really beggers belief that people would subject themselves to this 

oh and if you are on a flight with someone that tests positive .......................good luck with that 

I bought a ticket to come for songkran but if they don't do away with the fifth day quarantine I won't be coming

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Halliday said:

A little birdie told me yesterday that Thailand may well drop all entry restrictions by April. Not holding out too much hope but there really is no other solution if this place is to have a chance of economic recovery. 

Yes, just in time to sweat your brains out while its Springtime in Paris !

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

23,660 have only applied for a Pass.

That does not mean that 23, 660 will actually book any kind of Holiday in Thailand.

Did you miss the fact that to apply for a Thai Pass you must have already booked and paid for 2 nights hotel, airport transfers, 2 PCR test and your flight (required for hotel booking)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SimonRoget said:

The desperate cry for more milkcows shows a profound weakness in the way the economy is built. It almost amounts to begging those who have money to come and spend it there. 

My thoughts exactly, with that and sending vocational students to Saudi to work and send well needed monetary support back home.

PM will say he cured the unemployment problem but hey, they can spin anything.

Thailand is cash-strapped except for the chosen families.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

I'm not a tourist, I live here (as a pensioner in Pattaya) . And I don't intend ever to go back to  GerMoney. 

Then you don't have to negotiate Test and Go. Unfortunately the millions of tourists who previously contributed about 20% of Thai gdp do and it is very obviously putting many of them off to the severe detriment of millions who rely on tourism for their income.

30 minutes ago, Dennis Raybould said:

I bought a ticket to come for songkran but if they don't do away with the fifth day quarantine I won't be coming

How is it a quarantine... ? I thought it was simply a test.

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If being stuck in a miserable cold UK town, with all the political and PC BS, and had been there some time, I certainly would. But of course not for a holiday.... a longer stay. 

Who mentioned the UK? Far better countries in the Europe to reside.... 

5 minutes ago, scotsdude said:

Who mentioned the UK? Far better countries in the Europe to reside.... 

I did......

As a non-EU member, I thought my options had recently dropped...Portugal gets mentioned, I always liked Spain.... but if those European Countries are so great why are there so many of them in the UK? Even the Afghans want out of France into UK!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, madmitch said:

At least two (my daughter and I)!

18 hours ago, edwinchester said:

At least 10, my 2 daughters and their families back in the UK.

Just got off the phone with one of them and they're definitely not coming under the current entry conditions.

I would come also , In fact if it was PCR test and insurance alone i would be on my way pretty fast . Now i am aiming for May/June , in the hope that regulations are PCR test on day 1 alone .

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Many want to come.  Expats living here but I bet mostly, men who are single or have gotten divorces during Covid and are sick of the females appearance/attitudes in their countries and now wanting to enjoy time/start a new life here.

Back log of  disillusioned caucasian tourists could lift the baht to record highs 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smedly said:

I really hope they know what they are letting themselves in for

test positive day 5 and you are in a whole pile of expensive hurt 

it really beggers belief that people would subject themselves to this 

oh and if you are on a flight with someone that tests positive .......................good luck with that 

And there's the bottom line!   Any tourist who visits Thailand now must be either desperate or completely ignorant.

For returning "residents" / those with family / business, it's still a major gamble, IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is that what happened last time the test and go was introduced? It is not my recollection. And this time the requirements for the return trips have been eased for many countries. 

Doing 3 tests and doing 2 separate quarantine short stays doesn't sound attractive for most tourists who come for a few weeks (which is most real tourists). And they'll probably have to do a 4th test upon coming back home for many countries. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BKKTRAVELER said:

Doing 3 tests and doing 2 separate quarantine short stays doesn't sound attractive for most tourists who come for a few weeks (which is the case for most real tourists). And they'll probably have to do a 4th test upon coming back home for many countries. We'll see.

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Did you miss the fact that to apply for a Thai Pass you must have already booked and paid for 2 nights hotel, airport transfers, 2 PCR test and your flight (required for hotel booking)

And your 50.000 $ insurance wich will not pay you the Hospitel fees ....

• Like 1

Test and Go version 2 does not seem to be well implemented.  However, the goal of the new Test and Go program is not to encourage a high volume of tourism.  It is to reduce the possibility that tourists bring and transmit COVID.  This measure will cost the tourist industry.  News flash - The Thai government realizes that.  The Thai government is signaling with significant long-term investments in infrastructure they want to transform the economy away from low-end tourism toward a more developed economy and exports.  Although this will take years, there are already signs it is working.  In the last year, the Thai economy grew without the return of tourism and exports rose sharply.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

First the naysayers claim that nobody will come to Thailand, now they say that anyone coming will be forced to go to a hospital, or that too many are coming.

Naysayers be naysayers.

They can just post that they aren’t happy, every single day. Much easier.

There are some who aren't just naysayers but have other characteristics. They define themselves as not being 'Thai apologists' not being 'in denial' not 'wearing rose tinted spectacles'..lol..They live in fear  of being bashed by Thai men and getting ripped off..555

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1