Over 23,000 apply for Thailand Pass under ‘Test and Go’ on first day of its resumption

snoop1130

14 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Not surprising, many people were waiting for that opportunity to come back. I won't be surprised when daily applications fall drastically in a couple of weeks.

Is that what happened last time the test and go was introduced? It is not my recollection. And this time the requirements for the return trips have been eased for many countries. 

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Many want to come.  Expats living here but I bet mostly, men who are single or have gotten divorces during Covid and are sick of the females appearance/attitudes in their countries and now wanting to enjoy time/start a new life here.

Are you referring to the 'quality tourists' that Thailand is so desperate to attract? ????????

Nice to see the press at least trying to be hones by calling the applicants "travellers" not "tourists" as TAT would no doubt have preferred to call them in order to boost it's image. Of course "Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed all relevant agencies to be prepared to deal with the arriving travellers and to make sure that all the necessary safety measures are in place and strictly enforced, " should give wannabe tourists cause to be cautious. It's all very well jumping through hoops and paying a small fortune for a winter-sun break, but not such a good idea if you are going to end up spending your whole 2 week holiday in quarantine because one member of your family somehow tested positive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Singapore does not have rabid dogs roaming its streets which are safe from drunk drivers AND it has a police force.

Now that's not fair! Thailand has a police force! Admittedly, all that was missing from your post was the word "functioning", but still.......  ???? ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The majority are still thai entering on international, as well as thai passports. 
the last time, just before tourist and holiday season there were 2k entering daily. 
With the end of season and with 5th day testing (omicron still widespread around the world) those numbers will be lower till summer holidays

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NHPT said:

23,660 returning Thais and expats desperate to get registered in Touch and Go before next flip flop

And the first one has already happened because prompted by large numbers of tourists testing positive for Covid-19 upon arrival, Phuket on Wednesday switched to imposing a repeat RT-PCR Covid-19 test on international tourists arriving under the quarantine-free Test & Go scheme. This has been put forward by the Provincial Chief health Officer.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jcb2001 said:

I've been waiting for the right time to come back.  I had my first Thai Pass approved to travel on December 31, but due to the new covid variant starting to run rampant, I cancelled, losing all my insurance and asq hotel fees. Luckily, my airline tickets were reimbursed except the $500 cancellation.  Lesson learned:  Don't come until this all clears up.

Or don't cancel an approved opportunity..... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, edwinchester said:

At least 10, my 2 daughters and their families back in the UK.

Just got off the phone with one of them and they're definitely not coming under the current entry conditions.

I'm not a tourist, I live here (as a pensioner in Pattaya) . And I don't intend ever to go back to  GerMoney. 

• Like 1

23,660 have only applied for a Pass.

That does not mean that 23, 660 will actually book any kind of Holiday in Thailand.

Many of those that will have applied, will be hedging their bets on a Holiday destination, and look at Thailand possibly dropping the absurd restrictions, which will then make a Holiday a viable option for some.

Some, will certainly be Fi-Fo,s , and others will be people returning for family / Business commitments, although, I reckon many of the latter group have already arrived under T&G MK 1

• Like 1

17 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

How many more would come if there was no requirement other than a negative Covid-19 test to board the plane or on arrival in Thailand?

To board the plane, please. Not when you arrive and, surprise, surprise, it's off to the lock-up for two weeks. At least if you test positive before you board you can go home.

Better still, no test at all. I don't see what purpose it serves when Omicron is dominant everywhere, is mostly mild and the transmission is unstoppable.