MOPH Confirms No Legal Obligations For People To Wear Face Masks

snoop1130

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As usual, a spectacularly incapable crew, posing as leaders, who are rarely ever able to deliver a unified, cohesive message. 

It feels like alot of overgrown kids, who are trying hard to act like adults, and shouting dumb messages from their own little positions of power. 

What can one say? How does anything get done around here? 

Wait a while and those "leaders" start a WW3 over Ukraine.

Again showing that "leaders" are a pain in the a**, doing nothing else, but destroy.

I really wonder how every time "leaders" are like that and gets worse.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 6:23 PM, spidermike007 said:

What can one say? How does anything get done around here? 

I know what you mean but despite the politicos Thailand seems to work well enough.

Still would way rather be here than in most Western countries that are now approaching a period of economic meltdown - I'll take the smiles, hot weather and Mai Pen Rai attitude any day of the week.

Did i mention the food is pleasant and the females of the species rather attractive... ????

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, kimamey said:

I'm confused. Am I just misunderstanding this?

heheh, I think it's Anutin that doesn't understand! As usual, talking in the microphone and making it up on the way. Where are the damn reporters? Why aren't they asking him questions for clarity? Not worth their risk to embarrass the clown I suppose

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure that's a valid comparison!  Nothing stopping you wearing a mask forever if you like, but many of us are glad we're no longer being forced to.  Unfortunately most schools are still mandating it, but I don't know for how much longer.

Your question was. in relation to mask wearing...

Well if it's no longer obligatory, why should they?

And I responded to that strange question....to, in a way say, 'to carry on being cautious' This epidemic may, I hope, have taught people to be more considerate of others... for example, if you have a cold, or the flu, (or Covid), wear a mask for others.... 

22 hours ago, chang1 said:

He did say there was evidence and the results from studies in schools was about to be published. What he couldn't say was how effective masks in schools would be. This is understandable as it is very hard to give precise figures. 

This is very different to him not supplying any evidence. 

Was there a follow-up interview where he discussed the evidence as he said he would?

What he said was just that, spoken words no proof as requested. 
The report did not prove anything. Which i suggest why the mask mandate in England has ended.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:22 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Not talking about the UK I was referring to your separate statement which was....................

Largest study on masks and Covid-19 demonstrates their effectiveness in the real world

https://egc.yale.edu/largest-study-masks-and-covid-19-demonstrates-their-effectiveness-real-world

The problem seems to me as what scientists can show in a lab are not relevant in the real word.

Edited by onthedarkside
linked document from non-credible questionable source removed

7 hours ago, chrissables said:

The problem seems to me as what scientists can show in a lab are not relevant in the real word.

You keep talking about lab studies and they don't transfer to real world settings, however, I posted for you a "real world" study, the largest ever undertaken. 

Here's another:

“These data from real-world settings reinforce the importance of consistently wearing face masks or respirators to reduce the risk of acquisition of SARS-CoV-2 infection among the general public in indoor community settings,” the CDC said in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

FKxudFiWQAAoLFS.jpg.cd7628070fadbbc2f41f7c25674e387b.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/02/04/covid-mask-effective-n95/

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You keep talking about lab studies and they don't transfer to real world settings, however, I posted for you a "real world" study, the largest ever undertaken. 

Here's another:

“These data from real-world settings reinforce the importance of consistently wearing face masks or respirators to reduce the risk of acquisition of SARS-CoV-2 infection among the general public in indoor community settings,” the CDC said in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

And i point you to the fact a Uk minister who promised to to provide the facts that they work work, has been unable to do so. If he could as promised he would have done.

10 minutes ago, chrissables said:

And i point you to the fact a Uk minister who promised to to provide the facts that they work work, has been unable to do so. If he could as promised he would have done.

I don't care about a UK minister I care about those real life studies I posted. This was my whole point and why I addressed your comment on lab studies not the UK MP.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Your question was. in relation to mask wearing...

And I responded to that strange question....to, in a way say, 'to carry on being cautious' This epidemic may, I hope, have taught people to be more considerate of others... for example, if you have a cold, or the flu, (or Covid), wear a mask for others.... 

others responsible for others…..????

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't care about a UK minister I care about those real life studies I posted. This was my whole point and why I addressed your comment on lab studies not the UK MP.

The minister is the spokesperson for the whole country, you may not care, but if a country can't provide the proof, especially as they are trying to do so to control the population you should pay attention to that fact.
I am not 100 percent sure, but this was based on real life studies, not in the lab.

28 minutes ago, chrissables said:

The minister is the spokesperson for the whole country, you may not care, but if a country can't provide the proof, especially as they are trying to do so to control the population you should pay attention to that fact.
I am not 100 percent sure, but this was based on real life studies, not in the lab.

Here is what I was responding to in your post:

"Countries or areas with strictly enforced mandated masks had the same infection rates as places without.
What a scientist mocks up in a lab does not work in the real world in this case."

My response is to the fact that you claim what is mocked up in a lab is not the same as in a real world study. The real world studies I posted directly refute your claim. Would you like to respond to them or yet again ignore them?

Or as I suspect go back again to a UK MP which I have no interest in and which has nothing to do with the evidence I've presented and you have not acknowledged? If so I have finished my discussion with you.

Here's one:

Largest study on masks and Covid-19 demonstrates their effectiveness in the real world

https://egc.yale.edu/largest-study-masks-and-covid-19-demonstrates-their-effectiveness-real-world

Here's another:

Edited by Bkk Brian

18 hours ago, Maybole said:

It does not matter what Anutin says. The law is what the local police say (invent?) Will they readily give up a lucrative source of revenue?

Here is actual reality:

There is no National law about face masks, only a recommendation.

In some jurisdictions, there are local ordinances about face masks.

On 2/4/2022 at 4:17 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Here's another:

Another report on the same study you cite above:

February 04, 2022

N95 or KN95 masks offer best protection, real-world study shows

In a real-world study of face masks conducted before the omicron surge, people who reported wearing N95 or KN95 respirators in public indoor spaces were 83% less likely to test positive for SARS-CoV-2 than people who never wore a mask.

The study demonstrated that consistent use of any mask or respirator indoors was associated with lower odds of a positive test result, although respirators offered the best protection overall, followed by surgical masks, researchers reported in MMWR.

“The findings of this report reinforce that in addition to being up to date with recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, consistently wearing face masks or respirators while in indoor public settings protects against the acquisition of SARS-CoV-2 infection,” the authors concluded. “This highlights the importance of improving access to high-quality masks to ensure access is not a barrier to use.”

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20220204/n95-or-kn95-masks-offer-best-protection-realworld-study-shows

A mass movement to end the idiocy of the outdoor mask rule. It was so nice to be in Phuket and Koh Samui and beathe the air on breezy beaches.

Time for Thailand to catch up and reset to how we must move on from this, just as all with sense have been saying here for many months. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 4:56 PM, Bkk Brian said:

"Countries or areas with strictly enforced mandated masks had the same infection rates as places without.
What a scientist mocks up in a lab does not work in the real world in this case."

My response is to the fact that you claim what is mocked up in a lab is not the same as in a real world study. The real world studies I posted directly refute your claim. Would you like to respond to them or yet again ignore them?

Or as I suspect go back again to a UK MP which I have no interest in and which has nothing to do with the evidence I've presented and you have not acknowledged? If so I have finished my discussion with you.

Here's one:

Here's another:

I agree. Except outdoors while walking, running, bicycling in uncrowded areas, and especially while on a motorbike. 

Wearing a mask on a motorbike in an effort to prevent transmission, is a bit like trying to stop the Yangtze River with a hand built mud dam. It accomplishes nothing except inducing greater fear within the populace. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 4:56 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Here's one:

Here's another:

I suspect go back again to a UK MP

What are you talking about? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...