MOPH Confirms No Legal Obligations For People To Wear Face Masks

snoop1130

In the first paragraph he says the following.........

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister confirmed that there are no laws forcing people to wear face masks

Then farther in he says......................

He is concerned, however, about some international tourists who do not wear face masks while in Thailand and stated that the ministry will discuss the problem with the CCSA. He understands that the practice may not be used in other countries, but he encourages them to comply with the country’s public health regulations.

So his xenophobia is plain to see again, it is the dirty Farang spreading germs. Also, what is the last sentence about? are public health regulations not mandatory?, and if so according to the first paragraph there is nothing in the health regulations to enforce mask wearing.

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/67-2021/testimony/HPOLSUB-1323-20210204-5275-F-SEELY_BRADLEY.pdf

And as i mentioned already the UK government have been asked live on TalkRadio (youtube) and were unable to supply the proof.

Not talking about the UK I was referring to your separate statement which was....................

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

Countries or areas with strictly enforced mandated masks had the same infection rates as places without.
What a scientist mocks up in a lab does not work in the real world in this case.

Largest study on masks and Covid-19 demonstrates their effectiveness in the real world

https://egc.yale.edu/largest-study-masks-and-covid-19-demonstrates-their-effectiveness-real-world

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Take a look, start a one minute and you will listen to the government minister unable to supply evidence,

He did say there was evidence and the results from studies in schools was about to be published. What he couldn't say was how effective masks in schools would be. This is understandable as it is very hard to give precise figures. 

This is very different to him not supplying any evidence. 

Was there a follow-up interview where he discussed the evidence as he said he would?

• Like 1

I was under the impression that people had to wear masks or would be fined.  This is information I saw from previous news stories. 
Maybe I misunderstood.  And it meant if a foreigner does not wear a mask they would be fined.

As for concern about foreigners not wearing masks.  The concern should involve everyone.  Not just foreigners. 
But I actually do see a lot of foreigners not wearing masks also.  

15 hours ago, khunjeff said:

So on what legal basis have they been fining people for behavior which doesn't violate the law? ????

the wrong copper can tell you, you are breaking the law for anything just to get money off you TIT

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Just for your information @The Hammer2021 I too gained a GCE 'O' level in English Grammar and I can even remember where I sat it. The GCE 'O' level, by the way was the forerunner to the GCSE. So put your doubts back in the box.

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Just for your information @The Hammer2021 I too gained a GCE 'O' level in English Grammar and I can even remember where I sat it. The GCE 'O' level, by the way was the forerunner to the GCSE. So put your doubts back in the box.

Cor Blimey Gov, Wot you two geezers on about ?  init. I'm not Bovered is I ????1759217800_download(21).jpg.1078de487179db0b7d91875743907f83.jpg

• Haha 2

He is concerned, however, about some international tourists who do not wear face masks while in Thailand and stated that the ministry will discuss the problem with the CCSA. He understands that the practice may not be used in other countries, but he encourages them to comply with the country’s public health regulations.

So how about a small yet informative leaflet given to each arriving passenger, stating what they must/mustn't do.... IN ENGLISH

Problem solved.

57 minutes ago, macahoom said:

You're mistaken.

You did not sit a "GCE 'O' level in English Grammar" exam, as no such exam existed.

You may have sat a GCE 'O' Level in English Language or English Literature exam.

Yep. I did my O levels in the mid 80's. Definitely did English Language and English Literature.

15 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm English, I have 'O' level English grammar and Literature, and I find this as clear as mud. Yes or No please.

It's as simple as this, you don't have to wear them but nobody will let you in when you go shopping or anywhere else. Try riding a motorcycle or car without one on, they pay people to dub you in. Yes, Clear as Mud!!!

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1

If you listen to this man here who is a real idiot, then you are all doomed. How many will now stop wearing the mask and just make things worse. This government does not not what it's doing and contradicts itself and other ministry agencies.

Anutin is one of the leaders of this clown show. How is a unified and intelligent message expected from a clown? 

And what he is really saying, is that foreigners do not buy into the massive indoctrination and fear that they have imposed upon their citizens here. Wearing masks outdoors, unless on a crowded sidewalk, is nearly useless. Being asked to wear masks in your car or on your motorbike borders on insane. Same applies to bicycling and jogging. Indoors is a bit different.

But, how does wearing a mask into a restaurant, then taking it off to eat prevent anything? 

The policy here is so garbled and so confused and incoherent. Thank Anutin for that. More demonstration of his lack of leadership ability. And this goon wants to be PM? WOE is Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Really?  I thought it was mandatory?  Good news if it's no longer the case, although I suspect many people will continue to wear them and they'll still be required in schools.

Also you'll definitely get the stink eye and maybe worse.

I'm happy just to wear the mask for now and until the pandemic is under more control.

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

An O level in English Grammar. It appears you have scaled the dizzy heights of academia indeed. But I doubt the existence of such a qualification.

It was actually "English Language".

I passed "Lang", but failed "Lit" :

1867833776_Screenshot2022-02-04at09-50-54Jan-1972-Eng-Lang-2pdf.png.c35e6485dd0e2e6821186d4834c3218e.png

890650750_Screenshot2022-02-04at09-56-08Jan-1972-Eng-Lit-1pdf.png.7105f70913a0ef945829b9dba20251cd.png

Edited by Enoon

Just a reminder that there is no law in this country, just what any bureaucrat or LE person says at any given time. 

My approach is to "do in Rome as the Romans do", that is, this a conformist asian country and I will do my part to prevent as much as possible a negative attitude toward foreigners by showing respect and keeping my mask up when around people.

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

He did say there was evidence and the results from studies in schools was about to be published. What he couldn't say was how effective masks in schools would be. This is understandable as it is very hard to give precise figures. 

This is very different to him not supplying any evidence. 

Was there a follow-up interview where he discussed the evidence as he said he would?

Don't hold your breath.

Anutin and evidence are like oil and water.

He's total dolt!

It would be beneficial to all if the authorities could make up their minds if it is Thai law to wear a face mask or not. You have individual provinces threatening fines for not wearing a mask and the DPM stating is not Thai law. So who has the authority, the governors of the provinces or the DPM??? 

Clarification would clear the normal confusion regarding Thai laws!!!