MOPH Confirms No Legal Obligations For People To Wear Face Masks

snoop1130

Flip flopping again from the goon who chastised a farang for not accepting a mask from his unprotected mitt!

Everything this guy says seems to invite criticism and maybe that's his plan  - nobody can be that stupid - surely?

As was stated by  Phineas T. Barnum, the 19th century American showman and circus owner, "There's no such thing as bad publicity!"

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Some people on this forum  blame Thais and Thailand  for everything.

believe the real constant problem is farang applying western standards & rational preventative culture to the irrational corrupt fatalistic “ no rules” culture in place here. Resistance is futile. Adapt Protect Relax here or be forever conflicted & stressed …like many I know here……

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Now hold on!!! NOW you're saying it's merely a suggestion but please do what we suggest or the local BiB's will fine you???

Guhdam, I thought they couldn't get any more nonsensicle (read: stupid!). This really is a new level of crazy. I tried about a year ago to get the actual law regarding mask wearing, and of course I couldn't find anything. NOW I KNOW WHY!

I never wear them walking around outside and no problems drove past many bib and nothing ????

20 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm English, I have 'O' level English grammar and Literature, and I find this as clear as mud. Yes or No please.

I read it as saying there are no laws requiring the wearing of masks, despite the CCSA saying people could be fined for not wearing them.Further that the wearing of masks is beneficial and legislation requiring the wearing of masks could be considered in the future.

I think these announcements are probably  released in Thailand and some is lost in the translation.

Just now, StevieAus said:

I read it as saying there are no laws requiring the wearing of masks, despite the CCSA saying people could be fined for not wearing them.Further that the wearing of masks is beneficial and legislation requiring the wearing of masks could be considered in the future.

I think these announcements are probably  released in Thailand and some is lost in the translation.

The above should have said “Thai” not “Thailand”

Pays to check before

posting !

5 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

the wrong copper can tell you, you are breaking the law for anything just to get money off you TIT

Stand up to them without getting angry, and definitely no abuse or demeaning...... they usually move on to easier marks.

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

believe the real constant problem is farang applying western standards & rational preventative culture to the irrational corrupt fatalistic “ no rules” culture in place here. Resistance is futile. Adapt Protect Relax here or be forever conflicted & stressed …like many I know here……

I certainly agree with the last paragraph, resistance and arguing is futile,

(as it often is with the wife).

Its easier to go with the flow, sometimes with a brown envelope to help the flow.

20 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm English, I have 'O' level English grammar and Literature, and I find this as clear as mud. Yes or No please.

Mandatory or not. Farangs wont wear them…..thats very clear.  Im in Pattaya. If i had a thai baht for every maskless i saw….

Just now, Bkktodd said:

Mandatory or not. Farangs wont wear them…..thats very clear.  Im in Pattaya. If i had a thai baht for every maskless i saw….

Personally I would take a baht for ever person I saw wearing a mask, I also live in the Pattaya area. Just around Buakhao was the main place I saw many (mostly farangs) mask-less.... but they are a dim lot round there. 

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Personally I would take a baht for ever person I saw wearing a mask, I also live in the Pattaya area. Just around Buakhao was the main place I saw many (mostly farangs) mask-less.... but they are a dim lot round there. 

Well if it's no longer obligatory, why should they?

3 hours ago, pmh2009 said:

with 9000+++ Omicron cases per day and 40 deaths/day!!!! no masks is OK??? is that what the master brain is saying???!!!

The virus has mutated three times already which means we are in an endemic situation, cases or not, how many cases are actually fatal? Please educate your self, your welcome. FYI there are 90+ death on Thai roads every day ????

58 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I certainly agree with the last paragraph, resistance and arguing is futile,

(as it often is with the wife).

Its easier to go with the flow, sometimes with a brown envelope to help the flow.

Otherwise known as agents or “facilitation” payments…

Safe -Cheap -Tropical -Friendly -Culture. Main Reasons I’m Here…

9 minutes ago, goloeilmanz said:

The virus has mutated three times already which means we are in an endemic situation, cases or not, how many cases are actually fatal? Please educate your self, your welcome. FYI there are 90+ death on Thai roads every day ????

Agree. Deaths (& Politics) Really Matter. Cases matter only to plot covid’s demise. If Govt. really cared about Lives they would ban small mopeds to save 20k young dead every year ..never happening of course. 

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What? Are you serious?  Neither is looking before crossing Buakhao!

Not sure that's a valid comparison!  Nothing stopping you wearing a mask forever if you like, but many of us are glad we're no longer being forced to.  Unfortunately most schools are still mandating it, but I don't know for how much longer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

Wearing masks is becoming a social norm.  I suspect that soon people who are 'polite' will be those wearing masks, while people who don't wear masks will be considered to be 'rude'.

????

Same culture as Japan. Masks worn when sick in public to protect others or protect self from others or from air pollution. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Really?  I thought it was mandatory?  Good news if it's no longer the case, although I suspect many people will continue to wear them and they'll still be required in schools.

And as usual the man caused confusion.

AT his level one would expect he makes statements that err towards safety and not cause doubts about what rules are in place.

Perhaps he should have also added, 'it's possible that in a future situation of massive spread of the virus masks will be mandatory'.