Illegal Factory of Hazardous Sausage Raided

snoop1130

FKpZ7UyagAI_CcB.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 3 (TNA) – Police and officials of the Food and Drug Administration raided an illegal sausage factory which caused severe illnesses to children in many provinces.

Pol Col Neti Wongkularp, the Subdivision 4 chief of the Crime Suppression Division, said the officials raided the illegal sausage factory in Chon Buri province on Feb 2 after nine children in provinces had fallen ill due to their consumption of its sausage.

A female owner of the factory admitted that the factory illegally produced the sausage that caused a blood disorder called methemoglobinemia, Pol Col Neti said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-875648

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

Nearly all sausage is hazardous. If you looked at the list of ingredients, you would likely avoid these products. 

People who eat a lot of processed meat such as sausage products, salami or ham run a higher risk of dying from cardiovascular disease or cancer. The problem is that carcinogenic substances such as nitrosamines form through salting, pickling or smoking, and these might be the cause of the increase in cancer mortality. However, processed meats are also rich in cholesterol and saturated fats, which are linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130307124804.htm

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

Pattaya Plod once arrested me for being in possession of a hazardous sausage.

Fwahhh Fwaaahhh Fwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......bet you're the life of the party at your bar

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A female owner of the factory admitted that the factory illegally produced the sausage that caused a blood disorder called methemoglobinemia, Pol Col Neti said.

Maybe not the "meth sausage" they were expecting.  

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, DefaultName said:

We need to know what brand name these were sold under.  I have several brands of sausage in my freezer, should I throw some out?

Give all hazardous sausages to the roaming packs of wild dogs - it may ultimately prevent rabies.

• Like 1

So, what is the sausage-maker? ... a trader just trying to make a buck by cutting a few cornors? (not uncommon here) ... or a mass-murderess?

Doubt they'll throw the book at her ... she and her tasty sausages will be back soon ... I just hope she's been shamed enough to clean her machinery before making her next batch.

You almost have to admire her audacity - earlier reports said she also had " halal approved" stickers.

Edited by law ling

I have been here a long time.  First year here I bought some of the packaged Chinese sausages from the big SuperCheap in Phuket that has long since burnt to the ground.

My then GF cooked me some fried rice with some small slices of the sausage in it.

I was hospitalized with food poisoning.  Absolutely the sickest I have ever been in my life.  Pooing and vomiting at the same time for hours on end.  Started to have cardiac problems.

Amazed that what ever was in the sausage survived the frying.

I now get ill just seeing packages of the same sausage brand still on sale.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Amazed that what ever was in the sausage survived the frying.

Toxins are created which may not be destroyed by cooking..

Bacteria, viruses and parasites get killed but the toxins they create can remain..

6 hours ago, law ling said:

a trader just trying to make a buck by cutting a few cornors? (not uncommon here) ... or a mass-murderess?

Not a mass murderer, but botulism can kill.   Not that she would care, as long as she makes a few baht.  

Edited by Leaver