Air travellers warned not to bring more than 30 face masks on board overseas flights

snoop1130

2 hours ago, connda said:

Bring too many masks into Thailand - "Jail For You!!!"
Take too much pork across the border - "Jail For You!!!"

Don't ya remember the good old days when they use to concentrate enforcement targeting drug mules hauling in meth and hauling out heroin. Pretty soon it will be illegal to have too much toilet paper in your baggage or some such lunacy.
"You have 20 pairs of underwear in bag!  Jail For You!!!"  :thumbsup:

Off their heads....think I'm living in a virtual reality parody when stuff like this surfaces along with NFTs being a thing....Theatre of the Absurd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virt said:

What are the price difference between Europe compared to Thailand?

Here in Denmark i can buy 100 CE labeled surgical masks for 100 Dkr which is 500 baht.

So 5 baht pr mask.

Are they really that much cheaper in Thailand, so people would speculate in filling their luggage with masks and sell in Europe?

Nope.  Just pointless bureaucracy 

• Like 2

ONE 31 NEWS: The director of Suvarnabhumi airport has come out to say that the news about the 30 mask limit for flying out of the country is all a misunderstanding. In fact it is old news as there is no mask shortage now

• Thanks 1

"because they are a controlled product in Thailand and violators can face up to five years in prison and/or a fine of up to 100,000 baht on conviction"

I wonder why should anybody still want to travel to Thailand? It is getting more and more ridiculous and absurd.  50 facemasks?  We are talking about 8 euro!!!  A fine of 100.000 baht?  Who came up with this insanity?

• Like 1

People can’t read. The limit was for OUT of the country. Not entering. It does make sense because masks are so cheap in Thailand. I might be tempted to bring a suitcase full back to the USA because they were so expensive.. especially at the peak of the pandemic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hioctane said:

People can’t read. The limit was for OUT of the country. Not entering. It does make sense because masks are so cheap in Thailand. I might be tempted to bring a suitcase full back to the USA because they were so expensive.. especially at the peak of the pandemic.

You are not being fair! Thai haters hate logical reality.lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

I wonder why should anybody still want to travel to Thailand? It is getting more and more ridiculous and absurd.  50 facemasks?  We are talking about 8 euro!!!  A fine of 100.000 baht?  Who came up with this insanity?

It's not compulsory  but why would YOU WANT TO TAKE 31 face masks to Australia?

12 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I wonder which genius thought this up. Everything else in the country under control? Time to get a handle on the too many face masks issue. The country is in good hands, no doubt about that.

There has always been some strange restrictions on medical supplies.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

don't bring too many ....  because we want you to buy them here at a higher price

I think you have misunderstood the message. Is the article not talking about leaving the country with a fistful of masks? I have no argument about Thailand protecting their supply of masks and retaining for their own use. I remember when the pandemic began you couldn't get your hands on them so this makes perfect sense.

Edited by Zack61

Wow, Thailand sure has great new tourist ads, like this one. The authorities just cannot

figure out why the tourists are not flocking back to Thailand. I think I have a few ideas.

Thailand is simply amazing, but some of the leaders are far less amazing. More like

very pathetic.

30?!? Haven't gone thru 30 since this BS began! ????

That said...just when it seems this silly place cannot possibly get any more ridiculous and moronic...THIS! Always somehow manage to out do themselves in foolishness. :cheesy:

• Thanks 1