Air travellers warned not to bring more than 30 face masks on board overseas flights

snoop1130

Let’s see, I can get 29 masks in my carry on…and maybe 10 more from a duty-free shop…and stuff 10-20 more in a secret compartment in my checked roller suitcase.  I wonder if they they have mask sensors at the airport security, or perhaps dogs with mask-sniff training…

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

30?!? Haven't gone thru 30 since this BS began! ????

That said...just when it seems this silly place cannot possibly get any more ridiculous and moronic...THIS! Always somehow manage to out do themselves in foolishness. :cheesy:

Far from anything to be proud of, like not changing your undies. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bimmerbob said:

Who the hell thinks up these stupid ideas?

If I were a tourist, I'd want to bring at least enough to cover one each day for each of my family...........

It is not a recent 'idea' but a standing regulation on medical supplies.

They got shops here..... likely cheaper than back home too. Lots of special offers on them in places like Fascino.... they likely overstocked. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, goloeilmanz said:

I suspect people arriving International would be expected to put masks on.....having one with you would be being prepared, not like those idiots who attend immigration without even a pen!

• Haha 1

Don't worry just stick to driving 180km/hr with no tax or insurance be sure to be well intoxicated and he sure to kill at least two people and walk away free. But never take a recycled paper on an aircraft  or nik a buffaloo. 

Don't bring them just a couple for the flight . then buy 1000s here as they are so cheap and take them back to make a little profit . or just use ladies sanitary towels they make good face masks >>>>>> wait for it? no laws on them 

44 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Let’s see, I can get 29 masks in my carry on…and maybe 10 more from a duty-free shop…and stuff 10-20 more in a secret compartment in my checked roller suitcase.  I wonder if they they have mask sensors at the airport security, or perhaps dogs with mask-sniff training…

...i could wear 10 layered on my face, 10 on each elbow, and 10 on each knee as protectors, oh! and 10 slung under my chin.

• Haha 1

I think there has been some confusion about this article because of the poor use of English language. In particular the use of the verbs bring and take. Bring suggests they are talking about arriving in Thailand with the masks whereas the article, if I’m not wrong, is talking about TAKING masks when you LEAVE.  Poor reporting. 

I sense a taking of the p i s s by the authorities...recycling paper??  What is that and where would a traveller happen across that by chance?   The chickens are of course obvious with a traveller and should never cross a boarder. 

Edited by jmccarty

7 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Why would it be a problem to bring in more masks for tourists even if there is no shortage here in the first place? He should say: "we have a lot of masks here and we want you to buy them from us".

???? Land

The restriction was to be taking them out of Thailand (there was a severe shortage here when Covid first started - masks were being laundered and resold as you may recall).

14 hours ago, Virt said:

What are the price difference between Europe compared to Thailand?

Here in Denmark i can buy 100 CE labeled surgical masks for 100 Dkr which is 500 baht.

So 5 baht pr mask.

Are they really that much cheaper in Thailand, so people would speculate in filling their luggage with masks and sell in Europe?

Air travellers warned not to bring more than 30 face masks on board overseas flights

13 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

And that was the notice on Suvarnabhumi Airport Facebook page yesterday for departing pax now that travel is back to a sense of normalcy.   Today a different message per Richard Barrow translation:

The admin of the Suvarnabhumi Airport Facebook Page has sincerely apologized for causing confusion and misunderstanding regarding the prohibition of taking masks out of Thailand. The director of the airport also added that they will not be searching luggage to count masks.

Original notice below:

Edited by lopburi3