Air travellers warned not to bring more than 30 face masks on board overseas flights

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

30?!? Haven't gone thru 30 since this BS began! ????

That said...just when it seems this silly place cannot possibly get any more ridiculous and moronic...THIS! Always somehow manage to out do themselves in foolishness. :cheesy:

how often do you change them, or the filters if using that type of mask?

If using the disposable surgical masks they have efficacy of only a few hours. They are called disposable for reason useless using another type of mask

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

how often do you can them, or the filters if using that type of mask?

No idea. Maybe once a week for throwaways and every couple months for filters. Only use them cuz they're required for entry to most places. Long as there's one lying around or crumpled up in my pocket...good to go! ????

????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

how often do you change them, or the filters if using that type of mask?

If using the disposable surgical masks they have efficacy of only a few hours. They are called disposable for reason useless using another type of mask

I have a cloth one i hang on handle  motorcycle wash it every few months its as good as gold gain then

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

No idea. Maybe once a week for throwaways and every couple months for filters. Only use them cuz they're required for entry to most places. Long as there's one lying around or crumpled up in my pocket...good to go! ????

????

i change mine when the white string starts to look a bit dirty.

or i forget to clean my face after a bbq before putting on the mask.

have to be careful, they are very price at 25 baht for a large box.  ????

• Haha 1

It just gets better by the hour.  Now seems this was law from 2020 but AOT (airport) only received it last month so decided to publish it (from one news source).  ????

Talk about not talking between agencies.  

Edited by lopburi3

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Our village head is a good man and spends his budget wisely, hence the solar street lighting (zero running costs) and some CCTV. I'm not going to begrudge the fee of 300 Baht a year for garbage collection (twice a week) and other village fees.

Same where I am south of Pattaya. Look after ALL residents in our community, even homeless ones.

Something you won't see much back in Australia

How asinine!  With all the problems that Thailand has had reviving the tourism business here, they are now worried about people importing too many masks!  Do these government officials have ANY common sense at all?  What on earth are they thinking?? 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and violators can face up to five years in prison and/or a fine of up to 100,000 baht on conviction,

Masochism and limitless arrogance, prison and fines are the most popular words in los, no wonder if tourism goes to enjoy holidays in other countries

1 minute ago, worldview said:

How asinine!  With all the problems that Thailand has had reviving the tourism business here, they are now worried about people importing too many masks!  Do these government officials have ANY common sense at all?  What on earth are they thinking?? 

This is not about importing masks - it was about exporting from Thailand and when announced in 2020 was a valid concern (although draconian penalties seem more than crazy).

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The airport’s advisory follows an announcement from the Central Committee on Prices of Goods and Services, dated January 25th, which lists face masks, polypropylene (which is used in the production of face masks), chickens and chicken meat, sanitisers containing alcohol and recycling paper as controlled products.

Does that mean we can bring as many sex toys as we want with us now?

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

I will say that we've not actually bought any masks for x years, well ever to be honest.

The local village office just keep delivering them for free, along with gallons of hand sanitiser (and rice + other "covid supplies"). OK the rate of supply has diminished recently but we are likely good for 2022.

Our village head is a good man and spends his budget wisely, hence the solar street lighting (zero running costs) and some CCTV. I'm not going to begrudge the fee of 300 Baht a year for garbage collection (twice a week) and other village fees.

Excellent value for money that mate. When I'm up at our village in Chaiyaphum they don't even collect rubbish never mind give out face masks or hand sanitizer. Rubbish that can't be burned gets put in a bag and I drop it off in the bin at Global House, HomePro, BigC etc, etc the next time I'm out and about ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

don't bring too many ....  because we want you to buy them here at a higher price

I think the wording is wrong, what they mean is "dont TAKE more than 30 masks out of the country with you. They incorrectly use the word BRING in reference to people leaving Thailand,  

• Like 2