Air travellers warned not to bring more than 30 face masks on board overseas flights

snoop1130

5 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

It is this type of regulation that gives Thailand a poor image. A bit like banning chewing gum in Singapore. There may be good reasons for it (in Singapore's case there were - just look at a sidewalk in the UK or US and all the millions of old gum stuck to the ground) but the reasons rarely get public attention. In this case ... the good reason is escaping me.

And under the tables in Wetherspoons, yes I have spent some time on the floor there. I blame the smoking ban!

22 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I wonder which genius thought this up. Everything else in the country under control? Time to get a handle on the too many face masks issue. The country is in good hands, no doubt about that.

Anytime the Mercifool “;0) … He needs to shower more

Edited by Millcx

3 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

There’s not a lot anymore that amazes me about Thailand, but this did. Does the junta have the mask market cornered or something, that you can’t bring in more than 30? Is is eating into their profits? 

The story is about taking masks out of Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Phredd said:

Australia has the same. Checkout the TGA which requires a Permit from them to Import the Masks

into Australia. That goes for anything to do with Covid too, including the Hand Sanitisers, Gloves etc.

3 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

There’s not a lot anymore that amazes me about Thailand, but this did. Does the junta have the mask market cornered or something, that you can’t bring in more than 30? Is is eating into their profits? 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:56 AM, bbko said:

Actually comparing prices to my home country (Merica), they're much cheaper here.

I'm not saying I agree with this idiotic rule, it's hard to understand the reasoning.

The reasoning is: There's a Thai producer of face masks that has some leverage (read $$$) over this puppet government! The bottom line is: TIT (This is Thailand)!