Air travellers warned not to bring more than 30 face masks on board overseas flights

snoop1130

It is this type of regulation that gives Thailand a poor image. A bit like banning chewing gum in Singapore. There may be good reasons for it (in Singapore's case there were - just look at a sidewalk in the UK or US and all the millions of old gum stuck to the ground) but the reasons rarely get public attention. In this case ... the good reason is escaping me.

• Like 2

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed. 

A post using a trolling meme has been removed.

Edited by metisdead

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

I will say that we've not actually bought any masks for x years, well ever to be honest.

The local village office just keep delivering them for free, along with gallons of hand sanitiser (and rice + other "covid supplies"). OK the rate of supply has diminished recently but we are likely good for 2022.

Our village head is a good man and spends his budget wisely, hence the solar street lighting (zero running costs) and some CCTV. I'm not going to begrudge the fee of 300 Baht a year for garbage collection (twice a week) and other village fees.

we don't get free face masks, but instead a free wake-up call at 6:30 on non-working days ????????

???? 

16 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

You couldn't make up the stuff Thai authoritarianism dreams up... Unless you've lived in country long enough and nothing surprises you after a while !

One word will suffice here "soldiers"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

I wonder why should anybody still want to travel to Thailand? It is getting more and more ridiculous and absurd.  50 facemasks?  We are talking about 8 euro!!!  A fine of 100.000 baht?  Who came up with this insanity?

That word again "soldiers".

• Like 1

Who is telling those pr1cks in the government, that the longer the more countries are abolishing masks all together?

Or is it a very smart way of artificially shortening supplies (psychologically) so everybody leaving Thailand takes 30 masks since a Somchai-in-Chief has his little fatty fingers in yet another government-controlled till? 

Bargain-hunters, beware, make sure that you get your maximum allowed quota of masks prior to arriving at the airport as k1ngpower is overcharging that particular commodity as well! 

I was thinking on taking a trip to Australia, I promise not to take too many masks,

But I was wondering how much Flour I can take, I've already packed 3.5 kilos but can I take more. Asking for a friend who's into Agriculture. ????

Edited by brianthainess
grammar.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I was thinking on taking a trip to Australia, I promise not to take too many masks,

But I was wondering how much Flour I can take, I've already packed 3.5 kilos but can I take more. Asking for a friend who's into Agriculture. ????

you should declare it on your arrival card, will it be vacum sealed?