COVID Controllable despite over 10,000 New Cases Daily

snoop1130

1-8-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 7 (TNA) – COVID-19 remains controllable though causing over 10,000 new cases daily over the past three days because symptoms are not severe and the numbers of seriously ill cases and new fatalities are stable, according to the Public Health Ministry.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said there were more than 10,000 new COVID-19 cases a day for three days because of the highly contagious Omicron variant but it did not cause severe illness. Vaccination also helped prevent serious symptoms, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-877818

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

As if the figures were real, with all the highly trafficked markets in every location of Thailand, dense housing etc. Australia had over 50k cases a day within weeks. Anyway, we all remember the last three times he said everything was under control ????????????

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Unless the Thais have some natural immunity? Funny story.... my son and friend both recently had covid back in Australia. Wasn't determined if Omicron or Delta etc but both of them very mild symptoms.... I would say less than a bad flu. Both vaccinated and boosted.

Soooooo...there are many ways of looking at this.

How did they get covid  when they had 2 vax and boosters?

or is Covid not as bad as they say...only in specific cases (old, already sick etc)

or would it have been a lot worse if they weren't vaxxed.

What ever side of the debate you were on you would have a case lol!

But back to Thailand....2 days after my friends wife from Thailand arrived in Australia, my friend was tested positive for covid. Living in a small Condo in Sydney together, you would think she was a certainty to get it. They both quarantined together in the same apartment, slept together, ate together. After 2 weeks she was still testing negative every day. He reckons it's all the horrible bacterial stuff she eats. Covid wont go near her 5555

My daughter's been a very close contact 3 times now, tested everytime for a week, all negative. Told I can't fathom why she hasn't picked it up. Must be natural immunity as she is still a junior and no vaccination.

• Like 1

I just don't think they go to hospital or get tested unless they really need to and that's probably how it should be. In other countries seems to be all about the numbers who are positive. Like the road toll tallies there. I'd be more interested in hospitalizations and deaths, and what number of those people were already old / sick. How are the numbers stacking up? Sounds like US in all sorts of trouble and son telling me hospitals in Australia are filling up? Is Omicron really milder than previous strains? Or are people just admitting themselves to hospital with mild symptoms just in case?

I for one know I wouldn't want to test or go to hospital unless I was on deaths door. God knows what the medical bills would be even if you never got sick 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

Let's hope that the hospitizations stabilize and the natural immunity spreads as I am really tired of COVID isolation.  I see old videos of unmasked, fun, social events and remember these good days hoping not to wait too long before we return to a more normal existence 

My thoughts as well. You reminded me of a paragraph in the Roosters weekly round up.

"only one in a thousand wore a mask and you could enjoy a Thai lady smiling coyly after you caught her glancing in your direction'.

I long for the day when we can finally dump the masks. (but not in the clongs though)

• Like 1

Controlable with more than 10.000 cases, but uncontrolable with 2.000 cases?? A few cases lockdowns and schools shut and curfews, 10.000 and more, schoolclusters in several provinces and  we relax restrictions .... nothing to worry.... I will never understand

One thing that helps natural immunity is Vitamin D ... exposure to the sun. When your skin is exposed to sunlight, it makes vitamin D from cholesterol. The sun's ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for vitamin D synthesis to occur. Vitamin D has many roles in the body and is essential for optimal health. Thailand has lots of sun!

• Like 1