Food delivery motorcyclist facing legal charges for hitting and attacking pedestrian on footpath in Bangkok

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Card said:

Fallen down pavement holes yet, or electrocuted from hanging live electricity cables, bitten or frightened  by soi dogs, got skin cancer, food poisoning, hit by pavement motorcyclists etc, etc. No? Hang around in Thailand long enough.....

Been here since 1992 and been run over by a drunk motorcyclist, ending up in hospital. 

Fallen into a sewer(me drunk), resulting in nearly drowning. Bitten by dogs, attacked by a taxi driver with a crowbar, hit over the head by pool cues. Been electrocuted many times. The stories I could tell! However, I I had done what I did here back in the home country, I could well be dead. 

15 hours ago, carlf said:

This is horrible.  The motorcycle driver should clearly be fined, perhaps even jailed, and have his license taken away for some period of time.  My sympathies to the pedestrian.

They really should make an example of this 'demon' for many obvious reasons. But a less obvious reason is kicking a head while the victim is down, traumatic brain injury should be considered a serious assault, but in Thailand it's the traditional way to get your point across. The country should be ashamed and put a stop to it since it increases the scrambled brain idiocy of the population. Head injuries and emotional problems go hand in hand.????

Anutin, if you're listening, get your health people to pay attention to this and make changes to your law. See if your male population becomes smarter just by not having their heads knocked around their whole life.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I accept the world/country as it is and seek to avoid being harmed.

You dream of a safe world, and look to blame someone if you get injured. 

Wouldn't you feel better in your 'nanny state'?

Maybe Thailand isn't the place for you.

You throw around the word nanny state as if its a bad thing that motorbikes are not allowed on the pavements / sidewalks in our home country... 

... You’ve perhaps ‘gone a little too native’...   

Understanding that these events and issues occur and trying to protect yourself is one thing. 

Victim blaming when someone else is completely in the wrong is the logic of someone who’s too far down the rabbit-hole.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 11:54 AM, Elkski said:

Is there still a reward for turning 8n riders on sidewalks?  I say he deserves 3 months in jail.   This sidewalk riding must stop.   I understand the attraction as sometimes these shortcuts can save some serious time.  With no enforcement and it being dangerous to report or confront any Thai because in  their mind they can do no wrong. 

Its starting to happen in the UK bike riders riding on footpaths treating pedestrians as obstructions, thinking they can do no wrong. Motorcycles will be next.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:42 AM, spidermike007 said:

And what about the cop on the Ducati who mowed down a pedestrian? Is he subject to a different set of laws? Even if he is charged, will he face trial? And even if he faces trial, what are the chances of a conviction and a prison term?

Why do you suggest that he is subject to different laws when he has already been charged with nine offences including causing death?   

The prosecutors office decides about the indictment but it's not likely that they would decide not to indict him and the chances of a conviction are pretty high.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why do you suggest that he is subject to different laws when he has already been charged with nine offences including causing death?   

The prosecutors office decides about the indictment but it's not likely that they would decide not to indict him and the chances of a conviction are pretty high.

Let us wait and see. It is extremely rare for a high ranking policeman, army officer, customs or immigration official, to be charged, convicted and imprisoned here. Every once in a blue moon, one is high profile enough, where the cannot protect them any longer. But, rarely. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Let us wait and see. It is extremely rare for a high ranking policeman, ... to be charged, convicted and imprisoned here. 

1.  He's not high-ranking.

2.  He has been charged, with nine offences.

3.  Imprisonment is not the only, nor mandatory, penalty when he is convicted, regardless of his occupation.