Long term latent effects of covid, anyone?

placeholder

To all those of you worried about long term latent effects of vaccinations, you might want to start worry about something for which there is now actual evidence: long term cardiovascular damage from covid. And if the results of this retrospective study hold up, the more severe the symptoms, the worse the long term outcome.

Long-term cardiovascular outcomes of COVID-19

"We show that, beyond the first 30 d after infection, individuals with COVID-19 are at increased risk of incident cardiovascular disease spanning several categories, including cerebrovascular disorders, dysrhythmias, ischemic and non-ischemic heart disease, pericarditis, myocarditis, heart failure and thromboembolic disease. These risks and burdens were evident even among individuals who were not hospitalized during the acute phase of the infection and increased in a graded fashion according to the care setting during the acute phase (non-hospitalized, hospitalized and admitted to intensive care). Our results provide evidence that the risk and 1-year burden of cardiovascular disease in survivors of acute COVID-19 are substantial."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was with a friend last night who had Delta in late December.  Her lungs are scarred and she has a hard time breathing.  She use to exercise every day, but can't now.

I've heard this same story from many friends.  I'll avoid Covid to the best of my ability.

• Like 2

in the news section some thai doctor claims long term covid should clear by itself within 3 months.

Some other articles I read say up to 6 months.

Some other claim within a year.

But puzzles me is "latent" in the thread title. So symptoms do appear long after complete recovery.

That is strange.

I don't think condition can go completely undetected for up to a year.

I think re-infection should be factored.

It's also possible that virus survives for a very long in some tissues, but that would be shown on tests and there would be some malfunction.

In one article I read recently that covid inflates testicles and hinder testosteron production. Subsequent hormonal imbalance can lead to low libido and ED. 

there are very many theories and research around. Sometimes contradicting

Edited by internationalism

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

in the news section some thai doctor claims long term covid should clear by itself within 3 months.

Some other articles I read say up to 6 months.

Some other claim within a year.

But puzzles me is "latent" in the thread title. So symptoms do appear long after complete recovery.

That is strange.

I don't think condition can go completely undetected for up to a year.

I think re-infection should be factored.

It's also possible that virus survives for a very long in some tissues, but that would be shown on tests and there would be some malfunction.

In one article I read recently that covid inflates testicles and hinder testosteron production. Subsequent hormonal imbalance can lead to low libido and ED. 

there are very many theories and research around. Sometimes contradicting

There are plenty of other viral pathogens that do result in latent long term symptoms.

Polio, HPV, Varicella,.  And a recent study from Harvard establishes a strong case for linking Guillaume Barre virus to Multiple Sclerosis.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 2:07 AM, Danderman123 said:

I don’t think the anti-vaxxers want to talk about this.

Here is another good reason to become vaccinated.

Vaccinated are less likely to get long covid.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00177-5?fbclid=IwAR0RCzhvxUjaHsZRuknckJ3xkvPb6jAWDP5JmarSdoiDN06YHILpXNJwefU

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I don't believe in long COVID.

If I did believe in long COVID, I'm too old, and near death, to be bothered by it.

I don't believe in god, witches, fairies, or global warming either.

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comments removed
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't believe in long COVID.

If I did believe in long COVID, I'm too old, and near death, to be bothered by it.

I don't believe in god, witches, fairies, or global warming either.

And your conclusions to be published shortly in the Journal of It's All About Me

• Haha 1