Seems the Unvaccinated Topic hit home, 50/50 in response

webfact

3 minutes ago, catturd said:

"The German Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) acknowledges that excess deaths in 2021 are higher than previous years (including 2020) but says it’s not possible to determine exactly why"

https://www.destatis.de/EN/Press/2022/01/PE22_014_126.html;jsessionid=DBEEF3D1FC73ADEAEF72332E3FE0785F.live731

Correct! But....you know...:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catturd said:

perhaps but it depends on the age cohort and some recent UK data suggests vaccinated are at higher risk of covid infection now. For example: for 40-49 year olds, the case rate is 4,687 per 100,000 in the boosted, and only 1,726 in the vaccine-free. The arithmetical implications are the boosted are 2.71 times MORE LIKELY to get covid.

Table 13, p. 44

Week 6.jpg

Read the first note of the page you posted.  Page 8 of the report begins with:

"Data (based primarily on the Alpha and Delta variants) suggest that in most clinical risk groups,
immune response to vaccination is maintained and high levels of VE are seen with both the
Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines."

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

No where did I say that? Better re read my post and also the one before it.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

In a study CFR for the Spanish flu and Covid-19 was the same in the UK

That's where you said the Spanish flu and covid 19 was the same.It's right there in black and white (maybe in black and light blue depending on which version you look at) with your name on it.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, Paul Kernell said:

I'm vaccinated, my booster is due. I'm sceptic about my booster because I've heard some bad reports of the after affects. It still is a trial drug! You can't get unvaccinated! Vaccinating children and young fit adults is ridiculously. It should be your choice, your body your health.

Look at the BS we've been told over the last 2years and fallow the dollar trail.

One strategy is the following:

Shoot for the weakest brand that is currently available in LOS, namely Sinofarm. (yes, it's still available here https://vaccinecovid19.cra.ac.th/VaccineCOVID19Content/content/home )

Well, 5 weeks ago there was an option to book for either 1st shot SinoFarm or 2nd & booster SinoFarm. Whether this has changed as of Feb 14th I am not entirely sure. Worth a look anyway.

Ahh OK here is direct link for booking SinoFarm https://vacbooster.cra.ac.th/VaccineBooster/form/registration

After suffering nasty side-effects from initial AZ shot last year, I chose Sinofarm for the 2nd shot. No noticeable after effects from the latter, but it "ticks the boxes" and awards the coveted "fully vaxxed" status for travel etc. 

Edited by OishiRefill
noticed website content had changed since last looked

A friend of mines gf in the UK used to run marathons and is a personal trainer, however since her booster she has been unable to train and is out of breath doing small things. Theres a few cases like this although not 100% sure they are connected to the jab.

I was booked in for surgery in the UK last year and asked if i should get vaccinated before the operation.

I spoke to my surgeon and nurses and they both said it makes no difference to them if i'm vaccinated or not. This was the official line i was told.

Now i hear wallies above saying the unvaxxed are like drink drivers ! Er?

I have been to hospital 4 times in the last 18 months, my surgeon and staff on subsequent visits have no idea whether I am vaccinated or not and secondly not asked either.

Not connected but the surgeon or nurses have no idea of my medical history, they ca not see the information my gp has on me! Bizarre system let me tell you that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

85 percent of the covid victims are 70+ of age.

For younger people without underlying conditions (as adipositas for example) the risk is minimal.

In Germany the medium death age of Covid victims is around two years above the medium life expectancy.

Very bery scaring, indeed.

Ignorance is bliss.

You don’t understand that total life expectancy for a 70 year old is not the same as life expectancy for an infant.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was citing a study on the Spanish flu which is what you brought up,

Absolutely nothing to do with present day flu, perhaps you missed this which is more up to date:

Covid used to be more than 20x more deadly than the flu but thanks to vaccinations + boosters and the lesser virulent Omicron its now just under twice as deadly, at least thats for the UK. More evidence of the effectiveness of vaccines.

FLUhPLrXwAUNncL.png.b12cb09a6ed92a8ab28c721b71bedfa1.png

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1492138139103768576

Covid used to be 20 deadlier than the flu just depends upon when you are comparing the 2.If you stipulate what periods then that's ok but when people say covid is worse than or more deadly than the flu well then that's really pretty useless because I've been told on numerous occasions I can't compare the two.They used to call corona viruses the common cold now they made up a new word for it and call it covid which share the same symptoms but this time it's particularly virulent just like the flu was particularly virulent in the Spanish flu pandemic which you say happened a long time ago but there are people who were born in that time who are still alive today so not really that long ago. Looking at your graph it seems to suggest covid and the flu are going to be the same again ad we can go back to the old normal because this new normal sucks with knobs on it.When people who have had the virus and have better protection than a vaccinated person with no previous infection get segregated from certain aspects of society has no basis in science.Yet people with better immune protection than some vaccinated people have to live with them?People spout how wonderfully the vaccines work yet still insist on segregating people with even better protection.Do vaccines work or not?Why don't vaccinated people feel safe?I really can't understand this concept at all.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, heybruce said:

deaths from Covid

triple vaccinated with a covid vaccination and dying from covid does not give me the warm and fuzzies. Imagine getting polio after 3 vaccinations.

WE NEED A SOLUTION that works (better).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, catturd said:

triple vaccinated with a covid vaccination and dying from covid does not give me the warm and fuzzies. Imagine getting polio after 3 vaccinations.

Until a perfect solution is found I will go with the current vaccines that greatly improve the situation.

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Covid used to be 20 deadlier than the flu just depends upon when you are comparing the 2.If you stipulate what periods then that's ok but when people say covid is worse than or more deadly than the flu well then that's really pretty useless because I've been told on numerous occasions I can't compare the two.

The comparison is clearly laid out in the chart, it was over 20 times more deadly before vaccines were available and since then has decreased its IFR right down to under 2% with the help of Omicron coming along.

10 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They used to call corona viruses the common cold now they made up a new word for it and call it covid which share the same symptoms but this time it's particularly virulent just like the flu 

Only around 20% of colds are due to coronavirus, most of the rest are Rhinovirus

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Looking at your graph it seems to suggest covid and the flu are going to be the same again ad we can go back to the old normal because this new normal sucks with knobs on it.

Yes agree, in the UK it seems like covid-19 will get to about the same IFR as the flu thanks to the huge immunity walls they built there with vaccinations and prior infections. Hence thats why the UK is ditching all restrictions.

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

.Do vaccines work or not?Why don't vaccinated people feel safe?I really can't understand this concept at all.

Yep they work, no more restrictions in England end of this month, as Denmark is already doing and a number of other countries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, catturd said:

Polio requires multiple vaccines. Your internet friends have misinformed you again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, catturd said:

thats your words, interpretation and gaslighting. Not mine, I would never assume facts not in evidence.

You see, you said a while back most covid cases are in "unvaccinated" and I just enlightened you to some startling facts and you reacted as I expected you would.

In a country where most are vaccinated, most infections will be of vaccinated people.

The real question is how deaths will be of unvaccinated people?

By your criterion, polio vaccine is a failure:

CDC recommends that children get four doses of polio vaccine. They should get one dose at each of the following ages: 2 months old, 4 months old, 6 through 18 months old, and 4 through 6 years old.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/polio/public/index.html#:~:text=CDC recommends that children get four doses of polio vaccine,4 through 6 years old.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dj230 said:

You don't have to get vaccinated but restrictions are fair for those who choose not to.

What studies show the effectiveness of segregating unvaccinated especially those who have a previous infection and have better protection than vaccinated people with no prior infections?I haven't seen any and if there are none on what grounds do they implement the restrictions?Logic?Guesses perhaps?Or do people just feel safer because they still don't feel safe even when triple jabbed?Are there any vaccines against paranoia?If you are so fearful of the world then don't go out in it but don't try and shut me out of it because of your fear.Based on average deaths by hunger and hunger related illnesses 18 million have died of these causes during this pandemic which is worse than the 6 million covid because 6 million of these are children and there's alway been a cure for this which is as simple as feeding these people.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, catturd said:

As for India, I noted you didn't mention why India refused to certify the Pfizer vaccine. Did you think it wouldn't get checked? Nothing to do with effectiveness.

India govt won't buy Pfizer, Moderna vaccines amid local output -sources

India's government will not buy COVID-19 shots from Pfizer (PFE.N)/BioNTech (22UAy.DE) and Moderna (MRNA.O), three government sources told Reuters, mainly because domestic output of more affordable and easier-to-store vaccines has jumped.

That essentially means the globally popular vaccines, which their makers have pledged not to sell to private parties during the pandemic, will not be available for now in the world's two most populous countries - China and India.

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/india-govt-wont-buy-pfizer-moderna-vaccines-amid-local-output-sources-2021-09-21/

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rumak said:

yes,  lot's are  dying !    hey,  but their deaths were much less severe according to most sources .  

Things are getting pretty desperate for the anti vaxxers when they start arguing that 95% protection from death with a covid vaccine is not enough. I guess they've still got ivermectin to fall back on....lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Things are getting pretty desperate for the anti vaxxers when they start arguing that 95% protection from death with a covid vaccine is not enough. I guess they've still got ivermectin to fall back on....lol

Ah, the 95% myth again. And for how long these 95% will last for people with a very small risk to die even without vaccination?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Ah, the 95% myth again. And for how long these 95% will last for people with a very small risk to die even without vaccination?

No the 95% evidence by real world statistics. However as for your question, you tell me?

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

No the 95% evidence by real world statistics. However as for your question, you tell me?

And for how long will that 95% protection last until the next booster has to be done?

95% protection of a risk that does only exist on a minimal level for people outside the vulnerable groups really makes much sense ????

• Haha 1

as expected. Now, armed with that knowledge, how many "multiple vaccines" or boosters are required for covid?

See the difference, are you paying attention yet?

Asked/answered previously.

The UK-HSA has reported the death’s by vaccine status. The report can be accessed here.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1054071/vaccine-surveillance-report-week-6.pdf
See Table 12(a), p. 42

In summation: of the 5,978 who died of/with Covid during the reporting period, 911 were unvaccinated4,827 were double/booster vaccinated. In addition there were another 208 single vaccinated that died. So, based on the latest Covid death numbers presented in Table 12 there are more than 5 times as many vaccinated that died than unvaccinated.

Case rates aside, 80% of pandemic covid deaths (in the reporting period) are in the fully vaccinated?? That's totally bizarre. If the vaccines were efficacious would you expect that level of performance? I think not!

India just told phizer no to their license application.

Again, you ignore the reality that the vast majority of Brits are vaccinated.  If 100% of Brits were vaccinated, then 100% of deaths from Covid would be vaccinated people.

Your internet friends are still trying to fool you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

And for how long will that 95% protection last until the next booster has to be done?

95% protection of a risk that does only exist on a minimal level for people outside the vulnerable groups really makes much sense ????

Because the invulnerable get Covid and die, too.

Get vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

T and B cell memory tends to last a very long time but neither you, the scientists or myself can predict the future can we?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What studies show the effectiveness of segregating unvaccinated especially those who have a previous infection and have better protection than vaccinated people with no prior infections?I haven't seen any and if there are none on what grounds do they implement the restrictions?Logic?Guesses perhaps?Or do people just feel safer because they still don't feel safe even when triple jabbed?Are there any vaccines against paranoia?If you are so fearful of the world then don't go out in it but don't try and shut me out of it because of your fear.Based on average deaths by hunger and hunger related illnesses 18 million have died of these causes during this pandemic which is worse than the 6 million covid because 6 million of these are children and there's alway been a cure for this which is as simple as feeding these people.

People die from hunger, so let’s ignore Covid.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Because the invulnerable get Covid and die, too.

Get vaccinated.

I am vaccinated and boostered ????

The not vulnerable have a very little risk to die from Covid. 85% of all victims are 70+.

How often do I have to repeat that until even a vaxxiban does understand?