Pattaya: Nurse steals dying ICU patient's ATM card and gets his cash out of the machine

webfact

On 2/12/2022 at 10:03 AM, Leaver said:

Probably because robbery, theft, cons, scams, deceptions etc here are higher than in poorer countries, much poorer countries, where it possibly could be understandable.

can you show any evidence of correlation where a country being poor is therefore more prone to robbery, theft, cons, scams, deceptions etc. i'd argue that just because someone is poor it doesn't make them more likely to be a thief or behave illegally.

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

can you show any evidence of correlation where a country being poor is therefore more prone to robbery, theft, cons, scams, deceptions etc. i'd argue that just because someone is poor it doesn't make them more likely to be a thief or behave illegally.

There's some interesting statistics around this subject.  Of course, there are so many variables that it is difficult to be definitive, but the statistics can show global trends.

For extremely poor countries, like Burundi and Somalia, crime is low, because basically, everyone has nothing to steal.  

If we look at the biggest crime for mankind, and in my opinion, that is murder, we have some interesting data.

If you have a look at this chart, which is murder rate to GDP, you will see Thailand higher up the scale for GDP per capita, yet, higher up the scale for the murder rate.  

Given China and India have over 2 billion population combined, out of around the 6 billion global population, and they have less GDP per capita than Thailand, yet Thailand has a higher murder rate, that's not a good thing, not to mention all the other poorer countries that have a lower GDP per capita, yet have a much lower murder rate, like Vietnam in the chart.

Put simply, Thailand, and Thai people, are more wealthy than many other countries and their citizens, but murders here are higher than in poorer countries and their citizens.  

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/homicide-rate-vs-gdp-pc

I would be interested in any evidence of correlation you could post that shows that Thailand's crime rate is on par with its wealth, when compared to other countries, globally.

Edited by Leaver

On 2/12/2022 at 3:54 AM, Sunnny said:

Then why the same is not happening in the other, even poorer countries? Because they care less about money? Not really. The sexual drive of the thai females is nothing to be compared with. It is a unique feature of this nation. Do those thai girls love old and fat farang? Not really. Add a couple of 1000 thb notes and then ‘love is in the air’. It is a combination of the mystic sex desire and a need for the means to survive. A combination!

Perhaps those even poorer countries are dangerous or the women ugly. Even if the hookers in Somalia were available for $5 long time, who would go there for wild nights?

I'm told the women in Colombia are gorgeous, but somehow I don't feel any desire to find out if it's true.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm told the women in Colombia are gorgeous, but somehow I don't feel any desire to find out if it's true.

At some stage you came to Thailand to discover.  What is the barrier to discovering Columbia?