Thai protest leader Pai out on bail Thursday, Mike by Friday

snoop1130

157375112_3783178531757845_9031907964815467254_n.jpg

Two anti-establishment leaders have been granted bail while awaiting their trials on lèse majesté and other protest-related charges. One was released yesterday (Thursday) evening, and the other is expected to be released this evening (Friday).

A court in Ayutthaya province has agreed to release Panupong “Mike” Jadnok on Friday, conditional upon him refraining from any action against the monarchy, according to the Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR).

Panupong will also have to wear an ankle monitor and is banned from leaving his residence between 6pm and 6am and from travelling abroad.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-protest-leader-pai-out-on-bail-thursday-mike-by-friday/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:12 AM, Benmart said:

Change is coming and only Thais can cause this to happen...along with external, international pressure. This unelected body hates bad pubilicity. What's important to them is image and it has nothing to do with justice.

>>along with external, international pressure.

I don't think these protests would be getting very far without external pressure, namely the NED, other CIA cut-outs etc. Oppositions and protest leaders have met with US organizations (Thanathorn hiring US lobbyists during his visit to the US, Penguin meeting with Ambassador Davies, etc.), cuz they well know that their movement wouldn't be going far without foreign funding and support. 

Foreign interference doesn't end well, and is hardly ever done for the benefit of the people of that country. 

Whatever legitimate grievances these protestors may have against the current gov, those protests are pushed and manipulated external organizations (NED, USAID, Human Rights Watch, etc.) that most definitely don't have the Thai people's best interests in mind. It's the same pattern that has played out so many times Latin American coups, the current mess in Ukraine, etc. The Arab Spring.... That external and international pressure you mention is foreign interreference. It's against the UN charter, and no country should stand for it. People in the UK had a fit when they thought Russia had a hand in influencing opinion towards Brexit, in the US when the Dems thought Russia helped Trump win. 

Let's not support this external, international pressure. Let Thai people do this on their own before another undesirable political party is pushed into power by external, international forces. 

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, internationalism said:

these protests are going after murder of thai political dissident in cambodia by thai security services (death squat flu 2 days before murder from paris on TG flight). What suppose to be intimidation against opposition, turned as an ignition point for a student and young generation movement. 

Hiring lobbyists in the usa is not new and special - that's how "democracy" works in this part of the world (and pretty much everywhere). Meeting an ambassador by some teenage is not a proof of CIA manipulation, funding.

They are charged under multiple articles but not for funding by spy agency.

But indeed, international diplomatic community voices support for pro-democracy movement and protests against different forms of oppression by thai forces. Same goes for human rights organisations, NGO's, academics and independent international organisations.

This young generation is as much thai as dinosaurs, they are their grandchildren. Just they read more, think independently, use social media for international and uncensored info. And they are not nationalistic, quite opposite. Most of young generation find thailand impossible to live in, they want to emigrate and find better prospects 

Exactly they are the future and they dont want the same cycle of dinosaurs every few years. 

>>"Meeting an ambassador by some teenage is not a proof of CIA manipulation, funding."

Direct funding by the NED is proof of foreign manipulation, organizations closely involved with the protests, such as iLaw, and other Southeast Asian organizations. 
https://www.ned.org/region/asia/thailand-2020/

I'm sure you know already, but I'll post this for other readers. The NED is a CIA cut-out. It is funded and overseen by the US Congress. This has been well-covered in mainstream press:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1991/09/22/innocence-abroad-the-new-world-of-spyless-coups/92bb989a-de6e-4bb8-99b9-462c76b59a16/

Just to stress the headline and the point of the article: "Spyless coups"

I'm sure you are well aware of this, I'm more posting it for other readers. It seems you find this acceptable when the US does it and calls it democracy,  when it is in fact nothing more than foreign interference for the benefit of the US.

Again, the US Dems had a fit with so-called Russian interference. And then the so-called Russian involvement in promoting Brexit. But I guess this is how democracy works, foreign interference. Worked out great for the Arab Spring. Worked out great for Syria. Working out great for Myanmar? 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, timmyp said:

>>"Meeting an ambassador by some teenage is not a proof of CIA manipulation, funding."

Direct funding by the NED is proof of foreign manipulation, organizations closely involved with the protests, such as iLaw, and other Southeast Asian organizations. 
https://www.ned.org/region/asia/thailand-2020/

I'm sure you know already, but I'll post this for other readers. The NED is a CIA cut-out. It is funded and overseen by the US Congress. This has been well-covered in mainstream press:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1991/09/22/innocence-abroad-the-new-world-of-spyless-coups/92bb989a-de6e-4bb8-99b9-462c76b59a16/

Just to stress the headline and the point of the article: "Spyless coups"

I'm sure you are well aware of this, I'm more posting it for other readers. It seems you find this acceptable when the US does it and calls it democracy,  when it is in fact nothing more than foreign interference for the benefit of the US.

Again, the US Dems had a fit with so-called Russian interference. And then the so-called Russian involvement in promoting Brexit. But I guess this is how democracy works, foreign interference. Worked out great for the Arab Spring. Worked out great for Syria. Working out great for Myanmar? 

on the level of conspiracy theorists fuelled by Russian "diplomacy", regurgitated by blood thirsty ultra-royalists

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/11/04/conspiracy-blogger-tony-cartalucci-reveals-his-identity/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

on the level of conspiracy theorists fuelled by Russian "diplomacy", regurgitated by blood thirsty ultra-royalists

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/11/04/conspiracy-blogger-tony-cartalucci-reveals-his-identity/

Not sure how you can deny it. The NED and other organizations are backing the opposition. I sent you the NED page listing their funding. So there is no conspiracy, it's openly funding the opposition. I realize this is inconvenient for your belief that this homegrown opposition. I'll post it again in hopes that you say, "OK, I admit it, the NED is providing money to opposition groups in Thailand." But I guess you'll tell me "That's how democracy works"? I think that's how foreign interference works.

The US backing opposition groups doesn't turn out well. About you this royalist you mention in this very posting: I don't have to be an Assad loyalist to think that the U.S. was wrong to back any opposition parties in Syria, Libya, the menu of nations overthrown in South America to the detriment of the people. The NED and other so-called human-rights organizations have a history of simply forcing opposition.  Are you going to skate around the fact that the operates NED overthrows governments? 

Here are just a couple of examples:

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/home/20001126mag-serbia.html
Who Really Brought Down Milosevic?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26468720

No need to give examples in Latin America, right?  I'll repost the WaPo article clearly stating that the NED serves to overthrow governments, cuz I think you didn't read it. Please do. 

NED = new world of spyless coups, NED is in Thailand. But they're here for democracy, right? Hm, that's not what that WaPo article suggests...

I don't have to support the regimes in power to know that what comes after an NED-backed uprising is worse. Truly tragic for the people. I pity what will become of the people in Myanmar as the violence there grows, violence that wouldn't have gotten anywhere without foreign backing. 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:30 AM, internationalism said:

there are still 11 political prisoners related to recent protests. They are in pre-trial detention for some 6 months.

That's on top of tens of lese-majeste prisoners sentenced to tens of years each. They are also political prisoners, they were only peacefully expressing their opinions 

...and those that escaped the political prisoner tag [over decades to present] still remain exiled and are the most vocal.