Where Can I Water-ski

Khutan

Where can I go for a ski - I am really in the need, surely there is a boat with eqipment I can hire by the hour.

I did it many years ago in the river Kwae and got into alot of trouble.

Any opinions are appreciated.

I haven't found out about any skiing behind a boat yet, but there are a few cable ski places in Thailand. The closest to bangkok is at Bung Taco, at Bangna Trat Rd. Kilometer 13. Just past Robinson Bang Na. The first U-Turn after Outer Ring road.

It's a rather nice lake actually, and has a restaurant to sit and relax. 200 baht / 1 hour. 7,500 baht for 50 time membership. They also have windsurfing on the lake. If you kneeboard or water ski, they have gear, but no decent wakeboards so bring your own or rent their crapy ones. There have been people there evertime I have been between 4 and 40 people.

There is another cable ski place called Lakeland in Pattaya on Sukumvit Rd. Just past the outlet mall and super centers. A bit past Tepasit Rd on the left hand side as you are going south. 300 baht for 2 hours. No wake board rentals as well, but have knee boards and skis. Restaurant as well. The lake is smaller than Bung Taco, but is has less wind so you can get some really smooth water.

There is also another cable ski lake in Phuket - at an abandoned amusement park on the way to Patong.

What kind of trouble?

My first Business Trip to Thailand, many years ago, I was told to bring Golf Clubs and any other Sporting eqiupment I felt necessary (Nice work but that was the 80's for you).

We went on the mandatory weekend trip to the River Kwae Anyway we hired the longtail all day and as usual the whole thing is finished in about 3 hours. So out of the boot of the car came the ski's and the ropes.

The police sis not seem to be at all amused at me and a friend skiing under the bridge.

• 1 year later...
There is another cable ski place called Lakeland in Pattaya on Sukumvit Rd.  Just past the outlet mall and super centers. A bit past Tepasit Rd on the left hand side as you are going south.  300 baht for 2 hours. 

Is this place operating? I went in there about a year ago and it looked like it had been abandoned.

:D:D:D

large.jpg

Matt,

Yes sure, but this is not the time of the year to do that sort of thing as both rivers (Yai & Noi) are full of muddy waters. :D

Jan and Feb are about the best time of the year to do that sort of thing. :o

See you (Members of ThaiVisaDotCom) around sometime in Kan. :D:D:D:D