Pattaya City Mayor confirms the city will hold ‘Pattaya Music Festival 2022’ every weekend next month

snoop1130

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

I guess they are not getting enough Thais to visit on weekends

Or they're seeing a rise of folks from BKK and other parts when they have these events and want to keep doing them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bbko said:

Or they're seeing a rise of folks from BKK and other parts when they have these events and want to keep doing them.

And then what are they going to do when these events do not attract a substantial domestic increase ? And that may very well be the case

55 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And then what are they going to do when these events do not attract a substantial domestic increase ? And that may very well be the case

IMO there was substantial weekend crowds for the recent fireworks festival, jet ski competition, and music festival.  Unless you have evidence these events aren't attracting enough tourists to keep these events going, it's pure speculation.

Even on noneventful weekends there's no shortage of BKK license plates around Pattaya & Jomtien beaches and restaurants.

Too much of a good thing.

The "Wow" factor isn't there if its every weekend.

I notice that the domestic tourists just hang around the perimeter and don't pay to enter the concert.

I've been there while there have been concerts.  There's people but its not that crowded.  Lots of Thais eating street food and alcohol bought at 7/11.

Fun atmosphere

At the last music festival, they wanted 2 vax and a negative test to get into the restricted zone near the stages, with no booze or dancing allowed.

All along the beach people were 5-deep and 7/11 couldn't sell drink quick enough.

Not a mask to be seen, and 2 weeks later Pattaya was getting record numbers of positive covid tests.

So all through March may see the figure peak again somewhere near..... Songkran.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

At the last music festival, they wanted 2 vax and a negative test to get into the restricted zone near the stages, with no booze or dancing allowed.

All along the beach people were 5-deep and 7/11 couldn't sell drink quick enough.

Not a mask to be seen, and 2 weeks later Pattaya was getting record numbers of positive covid tests.

So all through March may see the figure peak again somewhere near..... Songkran.

I have photos and videos to prove what you say is wrong. There are YouTube videos showing 99% mask compliance except in eating areas.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

Pattaya has been a destination for Thais for decades. I first came here in 1990 with a group of Thai  women teachers and secretaries to visit seafood restaurants.. Thais love to party and celebrate and all the Pattaya events over the last few years have been rammed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Pattaya has been a destination for Thais for decades. I first came here in 1990 with a group of Thai  women teachers and secretaries to visit seafood restaurants.. Thais love to party and celebrate and all the Pattaya events over the last few years have been rammed.

The gf lives bangkok and her  and girl pals have been to pattaya many times over the years.   

7 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Yep, it's as if they don't want to let go of the virus. Miss you! Bless you.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 11:35 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Nope. They are great entertainment.

What do you mean nope? 555 It wasn't a question.

I live on beach rd and the music festivals tie up traffic for hours, taxis double their price if you can find one, big lines every store, and the music is all in Thai, so yes it is a nightmare for a Farang living on Beach rd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Trippy said:

I live on beach rd and the music festivals tie up traffic for hours, taxis double their price if you can find one, big lines every store, and the music is all in Thai, so yes it is a nightmare for a Farang living on Beach rd.

You could move... I think there will be more of it until international tourism numbers seriously pick up.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Trippy said:

And for any other foreigner on the beach area. Besides trying to attract more Thais to Pattaya the only other reason I can imagine they are having another music festival after only a few months is to attempt to make up for the major decrease in foreign visitors these days. But these festivals along the beach area are not going to help foreign tourist numbers at all. As if it's not bad enough that they destroyed what was once a nice environment with trees and seating with a glorified motor bike road. And now local pickup truck parties parking. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 11:13 AM, fulhamster said:

It will be different this time.  The organiser of this event has a restaurant license.   ????

• Haha 1