I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No I said 20% in 2 weeks.

My question remains: Claiming you made 20% in 2 weeks. I just wonder, why settle so low? I mean, you make it sound like you can do it overnight without any risk. 

Just saw that your made-up internet-money is down -22% in 5 days. Haha, you whining about "fiat" compared to that? 

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Your words not mine. 

I asked about the legitimacy of Bitcoin, and you said it's easy to make 20% in 2 weeks. Come on, at least engage on a honest and intellectual level. 

Here's a 10day chart for your made-up internet-money, including that 10% gain yesterday that you claim so vigorously. I'm also submitting a 1 year chart. 

Are we still making Fiat-jokes? 

11-12 00_17_25-Bitcoin Price _ BTC Price Index and Live Chart — CoinDesk 20.png

11-12 00_17_37-Bitcoin Price _ BTC Price Index and Live Chart — CoinDesk 20.png

• Love It 1

Just now, aldriglikvid said:

I asked about the legitimacy of Bitcoin, and you said it's easy to make 20% in 2 weeks. Come on, at least engage on a honest and intellectual level. 

Here's a 10day chart for your made-up internet-money, including that 10% gain yesterday that you claim so vigorously. I'm also submitting a 1 year chart. 

Are we still making Fiat-jokes? 

11-12 00_17_25-Bitcoin Price _ BTC Price Index and Live Chart — CoinDesk 20.png

11-12 00_17_37-Bitcoin Price _ BTC Price Index and Live Chart — CoinDesk 20.png

2 good trades there.

Screenshot_20221112-001819_Brave.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No you claimed it was impossible to make money buying btc for 3 years. A false claim.

People can buy and sell btc and make money in 10 minutes.

You claimed that Fiat wasn't legitimate because of 8% inflation and that idea that central banks are "printing" it. I just made clear Bitcoin is down in real terms on a 1y, 2y, 3y level as a CURRENCY. 

You then tried to change subject that because you made some trades in it, it's legitimate. You can trade in USD or other FX buddy, don't need made-up internet-money to do it.  

Edited by aldriglikvid

1 minute ago, aldriglikvid said:

No buddy, you claimed that Fiat wasn't legitimate because of 8% inflation and that idea that central banks are "printing" it. I just made clear Bitcoin is down in real terms on a 1y, 2y, 3y level as a CURRENCY. 

You then tried to change subject that because you made some trades in it, it's legitimate. You can trade in USD or other FX buddy, don't need made-up internet-money to do it.  

Trading btc is no different to trading forex.

Fiat is down 8%. Over 5 years be 20%. Btc is up past 5 years. So btc wins.

Fiat is made up money. Lost 98% last 100 years.

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Trading btc is no different to trading forex.

Fiat is down 8%. Over 5 years be 20%. Btc is up past 5 years. So btc wins.

Fiat is made up money. Lost 98% last 100 years.

Let's be perfectly clear here mate: I was the one who argued that trading isn't linked to any particular currency, or unique to Bitcoin - not you. So please, don't spin it and say "Trading btc is no different to trading forex". You tried to make an earlier argument that validity of BTC was because you can trade it up in 2 weeks. 

If you engage in debates, at least try to do it honestly. 

2 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Let's be perfectly clear here mate: I was the one who argued that trading isn't linked to any particular currency, or unique to Bitcoin - not you. So please, don't spin it and say "Trading btc is no different to trading forex". You tried to make an earlier argument that validity of BTC was because you can trade it up in 2 weeks. 

If you engage in debates, at least try to do it honestly. 

If you say so. 

5 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

please, don't spin it and say

No just correcting misinformation. You turned 2 weeks into 1 week then overnight then risk free. You made stuff up I didnt say.

You say btc is made up but so is fiat.

If aliens invaded would they accept fiat to go away? No they would want real assets like uranium or oil or iron ore.

When humans have wars what do they want? Real assets not fiat. Oil,coal, gas, gold etc.

Fiat is made up. The Japanese in ww2 started printing a new currency.

Fiat is ponzi. 

Wow, I was a blockfi user a few years ago. Just received the scummiest email in existence. How is this even possible? Imagine HSBC goes bust and because of ths bank of America sends you a letter they are disabling withdrawals.

What a scam all around 555

Screenshot-2022-11-11-13-12-51-452-com-y

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Wow, I was a blockfi user a few years ago. Just received the scummiest email in existence. How is this even possible? Imagine HSBC goes bust and because of ths bank of America sends you a letter they are disabling withdrawals.

What a scam all around 555

Screenshot-2022-11-11-13-12-51-452-com-y

Yes, QT is ongoing in UK too, withdrawals in some banks down

to less than 2k at a time. CBDC is the plan, ie. total control.

Just keep enough cash in your bank to pay bills, otherwise

they'll incinerate it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yes, QT is ongoing in UK too, withdrawals in some banks down

to less than 2k at a time. CBDC is the plan, ie. total control.

Just keep enough cash in your bank to pay bills, otherwise

they'll incinerate it.

You're scaring me bro.

I just did a 250K transfer from TD bank to HSBC to buy a GIC. There was no issue, but then again I used a bank draft.

18 minutes ago, Celsius said:

You're scaring me bro.

I just did a 250K transfer from TD bank to HSBC to buy a GIC. There was no issue, but then again I used a bank draft.

Not to worry, its cash they need to eliminate. For now.

Edited by talahtnut
addition

9 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Are you guys still investing in made-up internet-money such as Bitcoin and the other Ponzi's? If you can't spot the fraud a mile away, I don't know what to tell you. 

So, 9 if the largest exchanges worldwide have either ben outright criminal frauds, hacked clean or ponzi's. But not yours, right? ???? Chasing that legit 17% APY. 

If you can't see the huge profits to be made in btc etc, I don't know what to tell you, except stay away. 

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are also people that bought in at 48 K and un tripled their money , lost 65 % of their money 

You don't understand btc. 

No one loses their money unless they buy and sell immediately the price drops. 

Everyone, except a few understand this. 

Why would someone buy at 48k and sell at 16k, 10 months later?

There's a well known saying in  btc, HODL, no one that HODLs has lost money in BTC 

9 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

If aliens invaded would they accept fiat to go away? No they would want real assets like uranium or oil or iron ore.

When humans have wars what do they want? Real assets not fiat. Oil,coal, gas, gold etc.

Fiat is made up. The Japanese in ww2 started printing a new currency.

Fiat is ponzi. 

What has this got to do with BTC? 

I told you in my first post, I use my currency to buy real (productive) assets of different sorts. I would, however, not buy Bitcoin as it's a non-productive asset. Bitcoin not only lost -72% in 1 year (when has that happened to the USD?) the volatility of BTC is unreal, making it certain it will never (ever) be a tender. 

A handful more exchanges went bankrupt since last night, tons of "coins" down -10-20% just over night. You guys gotta be careful investing in this made-up internet-money of yours. 

Edited by aldriglikvid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I told you in my first post, I use my currency to buy real (productive) assets of different sorts. I would, however, not buy Bitcoin as it's a non-productive asset. Bitcoin not only lost -72% in 1 year (when has that happened to the USD?) the volatility of BTC is unreal, making it certain it will never (ever) be a tender. 

A handful more exchanges went bankrupt since last night, tons of "coins" down -10-20% just over night. You guys gotta be careful investing in this made-up internet-money of yours. 

You don't understand. Last year was a bull market, now it's a bear, not rocket science. 

BTC is the national currency in El Salvador. 

You are cherry picking numbers, I bought BTC for $4k in March 2020, it's is $16k less than 2 years late, good eh?

10 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Just saw that your made-up internet-money is down -22% in 5 days. Haha, you whining about "fiat" compared to that? 

What year did you first NOT buy BTC?

You sound like a bitter person who missed the boat, grow some and buy now, or you will be even more bitter in a year or 2 when it has x5.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You don't understand. Last year was a bull market, now it's a bear, not rocket science. 

BTC is the national currency in El Salvador. 

You are cherry picking numbers, I bought BTC for $4k in March 2020, it's is $16k less than 2 years late, good eh?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-10/el-salvador-s-bitcoin-holdings-devalue-60-amid-crypto-selloff

Crypto-era is over buddy. You could've made a lot better money in productive assets. So sad to see this. 

• Like 1