I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Horrifying.  Wait till fiat currencies start their fall.

Fortunately the USD is backed by the US government and not a bunch of people on the internet saying "BTC TO THE MOON" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Fortunately the USD is backed by the US government and not a bunch of people on the internet saying "BTC TO THE MOON" 

You mean a Govt that doesn't know how or care to balance a checkbook.  

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

It is nearly two decades since the US dollar was this strong. A combination of high inflation and geopolitical instability has driven demand for the world’s reserve currency.

Listen to TVF member or to price action!!!!!!  Price!!!!   USD is the strongest in the Universe!!!!!  

24 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

It is nearly two decades since the US dollar was this strong. A combination of high inflation and geopolitical instability has driven demand for the world’s reserve currency.

Listen to TVF member or to price action!!!!!!  Price!!!!   USD is the strongest in the Universe!!!!!  

And ...

... people will believe anything they are told.  With a debt that high, and more going out than coming in, that's called bankruptcy in my world.

Since I'm a Yank, and they want to say the USD has value, I'm happy, but not ignorant.  And my comment had nothing to do with the USD, just that the govt is run by self serving idiots.

They borrowed from and depleted a self funding Soc Sec fund to the point in insolvency in 10ish years.  Then what are they going to do ... borrow more money to pay their debt.

You try that at the bank next time you can't pay your mortgage.  See if they extend you more credit, or foreclose.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And ...

... people will believe anything they are told.  With a debt that high, and more going out than coming in, that's called bankruptcy in my world.

Since I'm a Yank, and they want to say the USD has value, I'm happy, but not ignorant.  And my comment had nothing to do with the USD, just that the govt is run by self serving idiots.

They borrowed from and depleted a self funding Soc Sec fund to the point in insolvency in 10ish years.  Then what are they going to do ... borrow more money to pay their debt.

You try that at the bank next time you can't pay your mortgage.  See if they extend you more credit, or foreclose.

which asset is rising against the USD the past 2 weeks?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

which asset is rising against the USD the past 2 weeks?

Haven't a clue, as don't really follow the markets any more.  I know land in Thailand is the only asset for me & wife to invest in.  It never goes down.

"Buy land, they're not making it anymore." - Mark Twain 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Haven't a clue, as don't really follow the markets any more.  I know land in Thailand is the only asset for me & wife to invest in.  

"Buy land, they're not making it anymore." - Mark Twain 

Then what's with the rant about the USD? USD is traditionally a safe haven currency and that ain't about to change soon. The inflation will only push interest rates which further push the dollar.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Then what's with the rant about the USD? USD is traditionally a safe haven currency and that ain't about to change soon. The inflation will only push interest rates which further push the dollar.

Point out my rant about the USD.  My reply to dj230 was about the govt's mishandling of the budget.   Someone else, IamFarang brought up the USD.  Now you bring up assets vs USD.   None of which I mentioned, or even care about.

Back OT ...  IMHO, btc has peaked, and is simply on a roller coaster ride due to pump & dump.   As seen in this thread.   On a downward spiral, while all invested, trying to convince everyone it's a good future investment.  44k to 30k in 3 month &  Loss 33% since OP posted.  Down 50 % from it's high.  Would have to go up 100 % to recover.

Good luck with that.  From my experience in the markets, that is very rare to happen.  It is on a down curve, so may gain a bit, but if someone like Elon Musk comes out again with a negative opinion or statement, it will drop once again.  High risk investment IMHO.

image.png

After it gets back down to its 10-15k range, where it was for a few years, then it might be worth taking a look at again.  Reading the chart, and that appears where it's headed .... IMHO

Edited by KhunLA

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If it wasn't then your post was willfully off topic and a troll.

You may want to look in the mirror.  My original reply, about the OP, was OT.

My other replies were to folks, including yourself, on off topic replies brought up by yourselves.

Have a nice day...Peace Out

18 hours ago, mosan said:

Mighty quiet on here. All the guys that were pumping crypto seem to have disappeared. Just askin'

Still here.  Never pumped it but been on it way too long to jump ship.  

In the next year you'll see regulations tighten up especially after the Luna debacle

1 hour ago, happydreamer said:

Wait..it's a ponzi??? I didn't hear you the first 33 pages.  

no believes it's a ponzi until the ponzi falls apart, this is just the start

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

It's the government with the strongest economy of the world, that's all I care about. 

I don't hold USD but I would 100% pick USD over a digital coin that is being pushed by people on the internet, who's only logic of buying it is "it will go up one day". No different than the dot com bubble, bunch of worthless assets being pumped with no value, most of those stocks went bankrupt or never recovered.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, dj230 said:

It's the government with the strongest economy of the world, that's all I care about. 

I don't hold USD but I would 100% pick USD over a digital coin that is being pushed by people on the internet, who's only logic of buying it is "it will go up one day". No different than the dot com bubble, bunch of worthless assets being pumped with no value, most of those stocks went bankrupt or never recovered.

Strongest ... that one opinion, not mine, and for another thread, as a bit off topic.

I never bought into the bitcoin thingy, unfortunately, and certainly wouldn't jump in now.  Way too expensive and volatile now.

42 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Strongest ... that one opinion, not mine, and for another thread, as a bit off topic.

I never bought into the bitcoin thingy, unfortunately, and certainly wouldn't jump in now.  Way too expensive and volatile now.

Tell me a stronger global currency or better yet one the rest of the world holds as a standard.  

Ya...that's what I thought.  

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Edited by happydreamer

6 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

Tell me a stronger global currency or better yet one the rest of the world holds as a standard.  

Ya...that's what I thought.  

Nah, that will take thread way off topic.  China ... but I won't reply to any continuation of subject here.  Start a new thread if wanting to discuss.

13 minutes ago, Whale said:

Sadly (IMHO) there is a distinct correlation with the charts on both. But I am not a chartist :+)

Two of my favorite names for Yachts were/are ".com" (Newport Harbor) and "Change Order" (Huntington Harbor) 

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

no believes it's a ponzi until the ponzi falls apart, this is just the start

I think it's the start of Uber-regulation.  That was a <deleted>ty rug pull by Terra and they deserve to fry for it.  I feel badly for those who were involved in UST.  

In order for De-Fi to work they need stablecoins.  So in order to ensure the longevity of the eco-system they need to set it up so this can't happen again.  With all eyes on the crypto industry now there's going to be repercussions which further regulate and audit stablecoins.  I believe they'll do away with algorithmic stablecoins all together and enforce fiat-backed reserve Stablecoin only with increased regulations on audits.

I hope comes Terra comes clean and compensates those who lost out.  I hope the industry improves.  I continue to be enthusiastic about blockchain technology and am interested in it's evolution.  It's come a long way since it's inception.  Lots of people have made lots of money.  I've been fortunate so far and am not too concerned about losing it all because I don't have it all in BTC or ETH.  While those are part of my portfolio I treat them like Vegas money.  Thats always been my attitude towards it and until I see the next paradigm shift in the industry it will remain that way.

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Nah, that will take thread way off topic.  China ... but I won't reply to any continuation of subject here.  Start a new thread if wanting to discuss.

China is interesting, economy is growing and could overtake USA eventually but they have some regulatory issues so I don't think they will anytime soon. Maybe in a few decades, their technological advancements are interesting, I like to keep an eye on China for investment opportunities.

3 minutes ago, dj230 said:

China is interesting, economy is growing and could overtake USA eventually but they have some regulatory issues so I don't think they will anytime soon. Maybe in a few decades, their technological advancements are interesting, I like to keep an eye on China for investment opportunities.

Let us all know how that plays out

• Haha 1