I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

18 hours ago, Pravda said:

But for the love of god there is a double digit inflation worldwide and I just can't in good faith watch my savings evaporate. 

I wouldn't put more than 5% of funds in crypto. Best to diversify in the defensive securities when markets are volatile or in a downtrend and sit on your hands until the next market bull run.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Virt said:

I would bring those $200.000 to Las Vegas and visit the poker tables instead.

That way you at least have a lot more action if you see your investment going down the drain,

and your odds are probably better if you know how to play poker ????

Nonsense, do you think Bill Miller doesn't know what he's talking about? Or Raol Pal, and all the other billionaire investors of bitcoin, like Kevin O'Leary, who was once a critic but saw the light. 

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/01/10/billionaire-investor-bill-miller-now-has-50-of-his-personal-wealth-in-bitcoin/

19 hours ago, sirineou said:

As far as I can tell , it is pyramid scheme dependent on the greater fool theory, 

Schemes like that work well until there is no greater fool and you are the greater fool. 

You obviously have no idea what a pyramid scheme is. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

simply don't understand "bitcoin" or the concept of "crypto currency",

am a bear of very little brain!

Instead of being like the other dinosaurs in this thread, why don't you be proactive and actually learn about it? It is the currency of the future. 

1 hour ago, Whale said:

I agree, until its not :+)

All I was saying is rather than say BTC up 23% a more realistic statement would be a) down 1% over 1 week b) up 4.2% over 1 month c) down 22.7% over 3M, d) down 11 % over 6 months e) down 15% over 1 year. The truth is the recent all time high of 69K was 
achieved in just an 81 day run in 2021 (and then lost to 50% loss). Thats a lot different read to someone who is new to crypto (like me). I just seek non-biased information.

Look at Jan 1 to dec 31 returns last 3 years.

Hodl returns are great. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As for Bitcoin, well if Russia doesn't invade as I suspect, you will more than likely make a good earn on your money, however if it does invade, expect that 200K to go to 100K overnight.

Crypto is in the middle of a bull run. During bull runs if there is good news, BTC increases, if there is bad news, BTC increases. 

Gold or Bitcoin? Bitcoin has done much better as a hedge for me. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Whale said:

I agree, until its not :+)

All I was saying is rather than say BTC up 23% a more realistic statement would be a) down 1% over 1 week b) up 4.2% over 1 month c) down 22.7% over 3M, d) down 11 % over 6 months e) down 15% over 1 year. The truth is the recent all time high of 69K was 
achieved in just an 81 day run in 2021 (and then lost to 50% loss). Thats a lot different read to someone who is new to crypto (like me). I just seek non-biased information.

Have a look at macd and ema crossovers on youtube.

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm thinking of hedging my Crypto portfolio with stocks.  I am 95% in crypto at the moment. 

Tesla is my number one choice at the moment, but I don't know much about traditional stocks. Any advice appreciated. NFTs are another option. 

Nfi about Telsa. I only follow bank shares and miners. I like BHP and Bendigo Bank. Yields 8% and 6%+. 

Both charts look ok for next 2 years.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Look at Jan 1 to dec 31 returns last 3 years.

Cherry pick any dates you want but they are now irrelevant to any one entering or viewing the mkt today. I remember Mars bars being 5p. And pls remember I am pro bitcoin not anti-bitcoin but I am a realist who bases my thoughts on facts and relevant data not throwaway comments that could mislead others. 

Edited by Whale

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Or Raol Pal

I like Raol Pal a lot, I find the macro side much more interesting than traders. But even he has been wildly wrong so far with his ETH going to the moon call. You almost never hear him talking about ETH price now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Whale said:

Cherry pick any dates you want but they are now irrelevant to any one entering or viewing the mkt today. I remember Mars bars being 5p. And pls remember I am pro bitcoin not anti-bitcoin but I am a realist who bases my thoughts on facts and relevant data not throwaway comments that could mislead others.. 

Jan 1 to 31 dec is calender year not cherry picking. Compare bitcoin with Tesla or Apple same periods. Fair comparison.

Cherry picking is picking low to high.

If viewing Apple or Btc today i would look at moving averages and indicators. I wouldnt just guess.

Is the 5 day above 20 day? St

Is the 5 week above the 20 week? Mt

Is the 10 week above the 40 week? Lt 

Are indicators trending up on daily and weekly?

Then decide based on objective data not guess

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I'm thinking of hedging my Crypto portfolio with stocks.  I am 95% in crypto at the moment. 

Tesla is my number one choice at the moment, but I don't know much about traditional stocks. Any advice appreciated. NFTs are another option. 

I'm in NFTs with about 40% of my portfolio. Got a BAYC, a couple of MAYC, three Azukis including a rare and some other lower tier stuff. Missed Clone X and Doodles though they were right in front of my face. 

Minted and flipped 2 Edenhorde yesterday pre-reveal for a $5k profit. 

Now considering buying into Nike's first NFT offering RTFKT x MNLTH. Currently at 4.6 ETH. 

NFTs are a great hedge against price fluctuations in crypto. Good NFT assets will appreciate over time, others will lose money quickly so I would suggest only invest in top tier brands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whale said:

I like Raol Pal a lot, I find the macro side much more interesting than traders. But even he has been wildly wrong so far with his ETH going to the moon call. You almost never hear him talking about ETH price now.

b

46 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

NFTs are a great hedge against price fluctuations in crypto. Good NFT assets will appreciate over time, others will lose money quickly so I would suggest only invest in top tier brands. 

I have just bought 50 Elrond warriors.

they can be staked and looking to have a great team in the upcoming battles. Royalties are awarded for every future trade

Edited by Neeranam

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have noticed people who own Crypto ,are pushing it like  hell,

"all you fools who don't own any buy now ! you will make a million

like me ".........best thing since sliced bread. 

regards worgeordie

Not really. Simply starting facts. Btc and Eth returned 300% pa recently.

Not many assets did that and 20% returns in 2 weeks can be had trading.

18 months ago many spruiked gold, it went down, btc went up. Digital gold.

12 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Don't be like Larry David 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Question about staking.

If I stake polkadot at 12% will it sort of speak unstake automatically after 28 days or is this up to me?  I'm obviously asking because of fees when you stake a coin.

IMG_20220216_143903.jpg

I've had Polkadot in a US bank(Kraken) for a year and been earning 12% Apr on it.

It is automatically restaked.

I've recently decided to use my interest to prent a 4 bedroomed pool villa in Hua Hin. I'd planned to sell it to buy a house but really makes no sense to sell a prime asset, when getting such great rewards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Where have you noticed this?

People I know don't push it, but maybe suggest it to close friends and relatives.

It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity ????

22 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Experience tells me that I should only buy assets, held where I can visit in person, that have a liquid market, and that I can sell easily. Where is the office that holds your assets, and could you sell them 'right now', or, say, within the next 16 hours, if you wanted to?

Tell me you know nothing about  bitcoin without telling me youknow nothing about bitcoin.

Apologies if this is too harsh, but really ignorant to post things you have no idea of.

Traditional markets are closed 2 days of the week and after 5pm n=other days

Bitcoin market is so liquid, i could sell 2m worth now within 2 min and not effect the market price,....it would then be in my bank for as long as a traditional bank transfer takes.

The only point that takes times is the legacy bank transfer!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1