I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

1 hour ago, happydreamer said:

Cuz were busy trading

How do you find the time when so much of it is spent bragging on random forums.  You can do that stuff from private yachts too btw.  Have your personal IT department look into it for you.  Maybe ask them to install a spell checker while they are at it.

Also, turtles.  That's the key!

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Fiat is a pyramid scheme. Money printed daily ie its a scam. Devalued daily. Why invest in an asset that goes down daily? 

Bitcoin 300% pa

Shares 8% yield plus 8% pa on average growth

Property 8% pa avg

Only reason for fiat money is daily spend. 

Whether or not fiat currencies are a pyramid scheme is arguable but that does not change the fact that bit  coin profit depends on the willingness of others to buy in and pay more. Hens a pyramid scheme. But unlike a "fiat currency" it is not backed  or regulated by a goverment or any other agency. It's only security is the block chain technology and trust on those that implement it and monitor it performance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Btc up 23% in a few weeks.

Yes but who can judge the bottom, which lasted just a tiny fraction of time (3 x 1 hour candles) when we in Thailand were in bed asleep as well as when the vast majority of trades in the market were shorts at that time. And who is to say it wont be down 50% in two weeks time. I am pro crypto but hindsight is a beautiful thing that never plays out in real time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whale said:

Yes but who can judge the bottom, which lasted just a tiny fraction of time (3 x 1 hour candles) when we in Thailand were in bed asleep as well as when the vast majority of trades in the market were shorts at that time. And who is to say it wont be down 50% in two weeks time. I am pro crypto but hindsight is a beautiful thing that never plays out in real time.

Chart is bullish.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Whether or not fiat currencies are a pyramid scheme is arguable but that does not change the fact that bit  coin profit depends on the willingness of others to buy in and pay more. Hens a pyramid scheme. But unlike a "fiat currency" it is not backed  or regulated by a goverment or any other agency. It's only security is the block chain technology and trust on those that implement it and monitor it performance. 

Not correct. $ goes up and down to baht due to trading as do shares and crypto. Supply and demand.

Food prices go up too

• Like 1

You've made a mistake by putting 100% in Bitcoin, should have bought few different coins.

Anyway, what concerns me much more is - are your funds insured? Is ndax.io government regulated? Will you get your money back when ndax.io would get hacked?

If you are not completely sure about these questions then you should withdraw Bitcoins to a multi-sign wallet, hardware or paper, and store the private keys in a different safe places.

Edited by fdsa
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

How do you find the time when so much of it is spent bragging on random forums.  You can do that stuff from private yachts too btw.  Have your personal IT department look into it for you.  Maybe ask them to install a spell checker while they are at it.

He isnt bragging about being rich. He funded a 2 year trip. Thats 50k maybe.

Better than losing 6% on cash!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fdsa said:

You've made a mistake by putting 100% in Bitcoin, should have bought few different coins.

Anyway, what concerns me much more is - are your funds insured? Is ndax.io government regulated? Will you get your money back when ndax.io would get hacked?

If you are not completely sure about these questions then you should withdraw Bitcoins to a multi-sign wallet, hardware or paper, and store the private keys in a different safe places.

Ndax is great. I trust it more than biance or Coinbase. Very, very safe. They started with only 4-5 coins but are expanding. Yesterday they introduced integrated staking. Right now polkadot is at 12%. 

I would, but I don't like polkadot. I have 21 coins held in internet computer on Coinbase. This is the only long term project I believe in.

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

Not bragging dude...stating facts.  I saw a thread on this forum that was about something thats an active pursuit of mine and I'm commenting on it with real world results.  I gave you a situation where I used bitcoin in a real world scenario, for real world purposes hence proving its legitimacy.  There's a lot of misinformation about cryptocurrency out there and I think it stems from most people not knowing anything about the underlying technology (blockchain) which is already well integrated into everyone's daily lives.

I have no interest in yachts or whatever it is you think people who trade do.  My entire discord trading group talks about alternative methods of earning and posts their gains and loses in public so that others can learn from it.  This is what people who are passionate about a topic do.  They share information with others.

I have no need or desire to convert anyone into believing that crypto currency is for them.  I don't get anything from it.  If they don't know by now they just don't know.  There's credit cards that are crypto credit cards.  Litecoin is accepted anywhere they accept Visa now.  You can get Crypto-based loans.  You can convert fiat to crypto and earn interest on it.  You can earn crypto rewards for spending fiat on credit cards.  These are all real world situations that you can look up and show practical real life uses for crypto currency.

For the record...I AM my own IT department.  I actually own a tech consulting business.  Day trading and crypto are side hustles that provide alternate streams of income unrelated to my principle stream...should I ever get bored and decide to pursue your fantasy yacht life.

Edited by happydreamer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1